Where is your conference tournament being held?

Started by TomM, February 02, 2018, 12:48:25 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

TomM

Hi,
What school is hosting your conference tournament Saturday?
List them, and any helpful information (like times etc.) in this thread.
Thanks,
Tom
Seek excellence and truth instead of fame -John Prime
Courage is grace under pressure - Ernest Hemingway
Advocating "matside weigh-in" since 1997
"That's why they wrestle the matches"

Ced61

Winnecone is hosting the ECC tourney on Saturday.  I believe it starts at 9:30 am.  I believe the 113, 132, 145, and 152 weight classes will be the most interesting to watch.  Plymouth and Berlin have improved over past years though it will come down to Campbellsport or Kewaskum.  Ripon may have a say in the festivities also.

dforsythe

Mayville is hosting the Flyway Conference tournament. They are hosting it at their middle school. Wrestling is schedule to start at 9:00 AM.  Current standings are:

Lomira
North Fondy/St. Mary's Springs
Laconia
Winnebago Lutheran Academy
Omro
Mayville
St. Lawrence

GradeTough

Brookfield Central is hosting the Greater Metro Conference tournament.

littleguy301

Middle Border Conference is being held in Baldwin this year

teams
Amery
Baldwin-Woodville
Ellsworth
New Richmond
Osceola
Prescott
Saint Criox Central
Somerset
If life is tough,,,,wear a helmet

DocWrestling

Fox Valley Association (FVA) is at Appleton North
Of Course, this is only my opinion and no one elses!

badgerjohn

Quote from: TomM on February 02, 2018, 12:48:25 AM
Hi,
Thanks,
Tom

« on: Today at 12:48:25 AM »

I just got one question ....... 12:48 AM  ....... is that the start or end of your day    ???
"Common sense rarely survives an encounter with lawyers."  DrSnide 12/28/11

imnofish

Heart O' North Conference

@Bloomer
Starts 10:00 AM

Teams

Ashland
Barron
Bloomer/Colfax
Chetek-Weyerhaeuser/Prairie Farm
Cumberland
Hayward/Northwoods
Ladysmith
Northwestern
Spooner/Webster
Superior

None are so hopelessly enslaved, as those who falsely believe they are free. The truth has been kept from the depth of their minds by masters who rule them with lies. -Johann Von Goethe

Some days it's hardly worth chewing through the restraints!

TomM

Quote from: badgerjohn on February 02, 2018, 07:00:36 PM
Quote from: TomM on February 02, 2018, 12:48:25 AM
Hi,
Thanks,
Tom

« on: Today at 12:48:25 AM »

I just got one question ....... 12:48 AM  ....... is that the start or end of your day    ???

Yes  8)
Seek excellence and truth instead of fame -John Prime
Courage is grace under pressure - Ernest Hemingway
Advocating "matside weigh-in" since 1997
"That's why they wrestle the matches"

padre

ramjet

NLC

several weight classes with zero wrestlers.
several with two.
waste of time for wrestlers and parents alike.

Regional will look the same, time to combine this conference with another or just get rid of it.

MNbadger

Before we "get rid of" things remember how hard it is to bring them back.  Keeping opportunities there hurts NO ONE. 
If we eliminate them the chances of it getting better disappear forever.  Keeping the opportunity at least keeps it as a possibility. 
Again, it hurts no one(other than some people's sensibilities) if there are empty brackets at all.
Quote from: ramjet on February 04, 2018, 08:34:16 AM
NLC

several weight classes with zero wrestlers.
several with two.
waste of time for wrestlers and parents alike.

Regional will look the same, time to combine this conference with another or just get rid of it.
I would like to reach through the screen and slap the next person who starts a thread about "global warming." Wraslfan
"Obama thinks we should all be on welfare."  BigG
"MN will eventually go the way of Greece." Wraslfan

MARSHDOC

If the number of participants is as low as Ramjet indicates I have to agree with Ramjet.  Combine a few conferences.  They can also restructure which teams attend a particular regional and sectional in areas of the state with higher population centers.  Even the competition out a little better.  This would require periodic readjustments every 3 years or so.  Maybe this is already being done and i am not aware of it.  The regional at OC high school next week has to be the one of the least competitive in D1 this year. 

crossface21

Quote from: MARSHDOC on February 04, 2018, 10:29:42 AM
If the number of participants is as low as Ramjet indicates I have to agree with Ramjet.  Combine a few conferences.  They can also restructure which teams attend a particular regional and sectional in areas of the state with higher population centers.  Even the competition out a little better.  This would require periodic readjustments every 3 years or so.  Maybe this is already being done and i am not aware of it.  The regional at OC high school next week has to be the one of the least competitive in D1 this year. 

It was last year, and will be again this year. Last year it only had 64 wrestlers. 7 weights had 4 wrestlers and 1 only had 3 wrestlers.

MNbadger

And I say, "so what"?  Who does it harm?  It keeps the opportunities open for the future. 
This is no skin off anyone's nose. 
I would like to reach through the screen and slap the next person who starts a thread about "global warming." Wraslfan
"Obama thinks we should all be on welfare."  BigG
"MN will eventually go the way of Greece." Wraslfan