World Team Trials

Started by thedecider, June 06, 2017, 10:07:35 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

thedecider

Is anyone with Badger and/or Wisconsin ties wrestling or coaching this weekend at the world team trials?

wrastle63

Nazar and Tyler Graff are wrestling at the senior level. Nazar is training at the BRTC, but Tyler Graff is not. There will be others who will be competing at the Junior level.

LaValle

Junior Division at the moment

Paul   Bianchi   Bison Wrestling Club
Ben   Hornickle   Wyoming Wrestling RTC
Cole   Martin   University of Wisconsin
Evan   Wick   University of Wisconsin
Zander   Wick   University of Wisconsin
Jacob   Covaciu   University of Wisconsin
A goal without a plan is nothing more than a wish

Barou

Quote from: wrastle63 on June 06, 2017, 10:30:15 AM
Nazar and Tyler Graff are wrestling at the senior level. Nazar is training at the BRTC, but Tyler Graff is not. There will be others who will be competing at the Junior level.

Anyone know why Graff doesn't train at the BRTC?
JHI Mafia

mkm13

I am assuming a combination of money and training partners.

hammen

Quote from: Barou on June 06, 2017, 12:43:04 PM

Lives in Columbus w/ his wife, who I believe is going to school/working here. Saw Tyler a few times over the last couple months, never really talk about where he is training though. I know he doesn't train at the Ohio RTC or with Miron anymore.

bigG

One of the slickest, most entertaining wrestlers to watch, IMO.
If I agreed with you we'd both be wrong.

wrastle63

I don't know about the rest of the guys but Covaciu and Evan Wick should both get high seeds.

Barou

Quote from: hammen on June 06, 2017, 01:48:10 PM

Lives in Columbus w/ his wife, who I believe is going to school/working here. Saw Tyler a few times over the last couple months, never really talk about where he is training though. I know he doesn't train at the Ohio RTC or with Miron anymore.

Thanks Hammen.  Seems like Graff is right on the fringe, feels like it has to be his time soon.
JHI Mafia

bigG

Nice to get a dose of reality. Any time a Badger doesn't stick around it's because they hate Barry or some other fabrication. People have lives outside of WI wrestling. Looks like Graff does, too. Hope he's a happy man.

wrastle63

Quote from: coconut joe on June 07, 2017, 10:35:20 AM
Quote from: hammen on June 06, 2017, 01:48:10 PM

I bet he still trains with former Badger wrestler and coach Donny Pritzlaff. 
Good for him.

bigG

Hope he does well , either way.

Possible Cox/Taylor match Saturday.

Cox has not allowed a TD yet, and Tayler has outscored opponents 35-4.

Burroughs/Dake rematch would be nuts.

wrastle63

Quote from: bigG on June 07, 2017, 10:46:16 AM
Hope he does well , either way.

Possible Cox/Taylor match Saturday.

Cox has not allowed a TD yet, and Tayler has outscored opponents 35-4.

Burroughs/Dake rematch would be nuts.
Agree with those being the two matches I want to see most. Also very interested in a Mark Hall vs IMar match.

bigG

Yeah, with Hall wrestling up in college, I didn't see that one coming. Talk about different styles.

Are there any decent links to the action out there?

wrastle63

Quote from: bigG on June 07, 2017, 12:21:54 PM
Yeah, with Hall wrestling up in college, I didn't see that one coming. Talk about different styles.

Are there any decent links to the action out there?
Flowrestling will be streaming every match live.