Olympic Team Trials direct RESULTS link

Started by TomM, April 09, 2016, 09:55:50 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

TomM

Win tonight, you are the USA Team representative for your weight.
USA still has not qualified all weights for a 2016 Olympic spot .
Women have only qualified for two of the six weights.
GR 59kg (130lb) has not qualified for Olympic spot yet.
The United States has not yet earned a position in the Rio Olympic games at 59kg. There are two qualifying events remaining. The USA must have a wrestler, most likely the Trial winner,  wrestle and place in one of two remaining qualifiers for Rio. Those events are Mongolia (place in top three) or Mongolia (top two places)
Seek excellence and truth instead of fame -John Prime
Courage is grace under pressure - Ernest Hemingway
Advocating "matside weigh-in" since 1997
"That's why they wrestle the matches"

DocWrestling

So Thielke needs to win tonight in the best of 3 and then needs to go out and try to qualify his spot for the Olympics?
Of Course, this is only my opinion and no one elses!

npope

Quote from: TomM on April 09, 2016, 04:08:04 PM
Win tonight, you are the USA Team representative for your weight.
USA still has not qualified all weights for a 2016 Olympic spot .
Women have only qualified for two of the six weights.
GR 59kg (130lb) has not qualified for Olympic spot yet.
The United States has not yet earned a position in the Rio Olympic games at 59kg. There are two qualifying events remaining. The USA must have a wrestler, most likely the Trial winner,  wrestle and place in one of two remaining qualifiers for Rio. Those events are Mongolia (place in top three) or Mongolia (top two places)

I stand corrected. Which series am I thinking of where there is a guy who gets a bye to the finals?
Merely having an opinion doesn't necessarily make it a good one

Nat Pope

DocWrestling

That is what I was wondering where there is usually a guy that had already qualified for the finals.

About to start and will be on TV if you get NBC sports network.

TurkRide

Some weights do have byes to the finals series. Snyder and Burroughs both are in the finals tomorrow, it all depends on how you did in the previous years world championships.

Fabulous Falcons

So according to NBC sports Ben Provisor GR 85Kg and Alex Dieringer FS 74Kg could win 2 out of 3 in the finals and then qualify for Rio

Where as Jesse Thielke GR 59Kg and Alyssa Lampe WMFS 48Kg both need to win here and travel aboard as Tom mentioned to qualify for Rio

Confusing. . .but exciting all the same! ;-)
Howard Ruff: "It wasn't raining when Noah built the ark."

DocWrestling

Thielke on a roll.   Wrestled really well to win 10-0.  up 5-0 and got five pointer with five seconds left

DocWrestling

Provisor also won with a powerful gutwrench

Fabulous Falcons

All the Wisconsin kids that wrestled Jesse Thielke thoughout the years had to love that touch fall at the end of the match. That's the Jesse most of us know! ;-)

billymurphy

MarkK

We are all born ignorant, but one must work hard to remain stupid. Benjamin Franklin

Fabulous Falcons

Quote from: billymurphy on April 09, 2016, 08:04:10 PM
Thielke looks dominate today.

I totally agree the announcer mentioned he probably was the most outstanding wrestler to day, "The Pride of Wisconsin."

woody53

Really not understanding the officiating in this tournament. Seems there is more personal opinion than what is allowed in other tournaments.
Fast cars, drag race. Fast Drivers, Road Race!

3wrestle

dietac

Great day for Jesse. It would have been even better if the one announcer didn't keep calling him Thiekle.
George "The Animal" Steele