Olympic Team Trials direct RESULTS link

Started by TomM, April 09, 2016, 09:55:50 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

bigG

Quote from: Ghetto on April 11, 2016, 12:04:17 PM
Dennis is our best chance to medal? Not Burroughs or Snyder?

I was sad for Lampe as well. Always right on the cusp. The girl that beat Lampe is huge for the weight. Hope she doesn't have weight issues at the Olympics.

Molinaro wrestled out of his mind. I agree that he's not the best 65 in the country, but on that day he was. For the record, I'd rather have Molinaro than Metcalf. Metcalf is a grinder, but isn't (IMO) athletic enough to get it done on the world stage.

Frank has taken his lumps, and then some. Glad to see him on top of the podium.
If I agreed with you we'd both be wrong.

Ghetto

Quote from: Barou on April 11, 2016, 12:36:43 PM
Quote from: Ghetto on April 11, 2016, 12:04:17 PM
Dennis is our best chance to medal? Not Burroughs or Snyder?

In the weight class he is our better chance to medal over Ramos.

Totally agree. Ramos is what he is. Metcalf Jr.
As long as we are keeping score, I've got something to prove

gijd

How old is Alyssa, I was thinking 25, maybe 26. As a fan I hope she gives it one more try.  It sure bummed me out she didn't make it. It's been fun watching her career, just wish she can get that olympic spot and bring home a medal. Great young lady!!!!!

bigdawg

Quote from: Barou on April 11, 2016, 08:07:12 AM
For the record, I think Dennis is our best chance to medal in Rio.  Congrats to Molinaro and hope he proves me wrong but I think there were about 5 other wrestlers in that weight class with a better chance to medal.  He got it done, go after it Frank.

I totally agree, he impressed me all day especially when he wrestled Graff.  Daniel Dennis made Graff look average on a day where Graff really got after it in every other match.  Double D is a bad bad man

wrestler6

Alyssa just turned 28 the beginning of March... Ramos wouldn't be a bad lightweight coach no matter what you all say about his "stalling" and "locking" it worked and he made it work right?? As far as molinaro goes he proved he's a beast and is out to win, just give him props, Christ he was an alternate! He'll do great as he proved what he can do!
Tyler

MarkK

Quote from: wraslfan on April 11, 2016, 07:04:17 AM
Tom Brands response to Ramos' interview is like listening to a politician. Professional, but vague and weak IMO.   

What should he have said?  He was professional and said what needed to be said.  He didn't run away from the fact that he chose to be in one corner.   I think the heat of the moment gave Ramos an opportunity to say some things that he shouldn't have.   Exit interviews so quick after the competition are ripe for raw emotion that has little filter.  I felt bad for Ramos.   He didn't do himself any favors as a potential coach.   No one wants a bitter coach exploding at the podium.
We are all born ignorant, but one must work hard to remain stupid. Benjamin Franklin

Barou

Quote from: MarkK on April 11, 2016, 10:48:09 PM
Quote from: wraslfan on April 11, 2016, 07:04:17 AM
Tom Brands response to Ramos' interview is like listening to a politician. Professional, but vague and weak IMO.   

What should he have said?  He was professional and said what needed to be said.  He didn't run away from the fact that he chose to be in one corner.   I think the heat of the moment gave Ramos an opportunity to say some things that he shouldn't have.   Exit interviews so quick after the competition are ripe for raw emotion that has little filter.  I felt bad for Ramos.   He didn't do himself any favors as a potential coach.   No one wants a bitter coach exploding at the podium.

At least Brands addressed it.  Better than the Wisconsin style.  Nobody could hear about what happened with Donny because it was a big secret.  Don't talk about it just trust that Barry is right.  Then when people would speculate they were told they were wrong.  Thielke just added to the list of disgruntled wrestlers that left the program.  But hey I'm sure it's all his fault.  This is where it's back to top secret and the officially response (if you get one) is that he didn't "buy in". 
JHI Mafia

Ghetto

I thought Brands answered the questions. I liked that he said he was going to talk to Ramos afterwards. I'm not a fan of Iowa, or him, but he answered the questions in an honest way.
As long as we are keeping score, I've got something to prove

dman

Quote from: Ghetto on April 12, 2016, 10:49:50 AM
I thought Brands answered the questions. I liked that he said he was gonig to talk to Ramos afterwards. I'm not a fan of Iowa, or him, but he answered the questions in an honest way.

Agree with all counts.  Can't stand Brands and Iowa, but I thought he answered questions in a mature way.