Class of 2017 Commit - Paul Konrath (IN)

Started by hammen, March 22, 2016, 08:56:02 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ghetto

Pretty sure I just read that he will be at Flonationals.
As long as we are keeping score, I've got something to prove

mike

Quote from: Ghetto on March 22, 2016, 09:40:45 PM
Pretty sure I just read that he will be at Flonationals.

Yes he will be.....I'm excited to watch him....flonats field is legit

mkm13

He has won some pretty good tournaments at 106 (2015 FloNationals, 2014 Cadet Folkstyle Nationals, 2014 Cadet Freestyle Nationals), but is not ranked anywhere in the national rankings.  Is there a reason for this?

It looks like he decided to not wrestle high school this year.  It also appears he has had a ton of significant injuries over the years.  Hopefully none will prevent him from being successful in college.

http://indianamat.com/index.php/topic/48854-article-wrestlingwednesday-feature-konrath-going-an-alternate-route/

Him and Kyle Lawson appear to be a pretty good start to the class.  We also desperately need a talented heavyweight to take over for Medberry in this class.  There should be a lot of scholarship money available with how many wrestlers will be graduating.

Ghetto

I read somewhere that he went to a HS that didn't have wrestling.

aarons23

Quote from: Ghetto on March 23, 2016, 12:18:51 PM
I read somewhere that he went to a HS that didn't have wrestling.

no they had wrestling he chose to finish school on line.
Big house"As part of my mental toughness routine ... I read the forum and try NOT to believe everything on here."

It's very strenuous! 

Opinions are not facts. Because two people differ in opinions doesn't make one of them wrong.

vsmf2010

The link that mkm13 posted lays it out pretty well.

Ghetto

DocWrestling

This is interesting from a UW academics standpoint.  How many kids do they allow in that will be graduating from an on-line high school?

This has to be some sort of special waiver even if he has the ACT score and core class requirements met.  I heard it was tough to get into UW if you were home-schooled also.
Of Course, this is only my opinion and no one elses!

leg turk

Quote from: mkm13 on March 23, 2016, 06:48:29 AM
He has won some pretty good tournaments at 106 (2015 FloNationals, 2014 Cadet Folkstyle Nationals, 2014 Cadet Freestyle Nationals), but is not ranked anywhere in the national rankings.  Is there a reason for this?

It looks like he decided to not wrestle high school this year.  It also appears he has had a ton of significant injuries over the years.  Hopefully none will prevent him from being successful in college.

http://indianamat.com/index.php/topic/48854-article-wrestlingwednesday-feature-konrath-going-an-alternate-route/

Him and Kyle Lawson appear to be a pretty good start to the class.  We also desperately need a talented heavyweight to take over for Medberry in this class.  There should be a lot of scholarship money available with how many wrestlers will be graduating.

We have one coming in next year, Brady Wetter.

Harris

Sounds like a great young man.  Welcome to Wisconsin.

mkm13

Quote from: leg turk on March 23, 2016, 02:05:56 PM
Quote from: mkm13 on March 23, 2016, 06:48:29 AM

We have one coming in next year, Brady Wetter.

I know he is coming in next year, but not sure how he will do against big 10 level wrestlers, 

boowrestle

Going to have to put on both wt and muscle if he is going to compete in the Big 10 and at Div1 level!!
you can run but you cannot hide.

mkm13

Konrath finished 3rd at flonationals. He lost to a guy ranked 9th in the country. That same guy then beat an Iowa recruit who is ranked 2nd in the country in the finals.