Kilty Anderson

Started by MarkK, February 27, 2016, 06:23:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MarkK

Ryan Anderson of Clear Lake wins at 106.  Macey Kilty comes up short of her goal.  She almost had it in the first period by placing Anderson on his back and ending the period up 5-0.   Angerson turned the tables in the second for 5 points in near fall.   In the third Anderson got a reversal and near fall to end the match 9-6
We are all born ignorant, but one must work hard to remain stupid. Benjamin Franklin

guillotine

Really wasn't much of a match. Anderson missed a counter on a sit thru and Kilty got 5 early. Not even close to a pin . Anderson goes 9-1 the rest of the match and looked to have Kilty stuck big time in the second period. Should have been over then. Put her on her back three times. Great story for her but think about the pressure Anderson had to be under. 99% of the place wanted Anglin or Kilty to win it. All this kid did was pin two kids and dominate the finals. Wrestling is always about great stories but this weight class may have got caught up in the story and didn't give much credit to the champ.

wrestler6

Not much credit to the champ?!?! Ha wow way to put a state champ down.. The best wrestled the best tonite but glad someone has to ruin it for both of them! Congrats to both!
Tyler

guillotine

That's what you got out of my post? 

wrestler6

Dominated?? Ha whatever start a fight I'm giving props to both and it sucks people out there like you gotta put them down.  Lol it was A great match
Tyler

Batman

Guillotine makes a bunch of good points. Besides Anderson coming out flat and getting caught in that cradle, she couldn't do much. Dominating performance. Imagine how Anderson must've felt having a record crowd of 13,000 at the Kohl Center cheering against you. Personally I found it amusing, when the crowd started going crazy (in favor of Kilty) when Anderson "suicide" guillotined her. That young man wrestled a heck of a match.

As for Macey, I was extremely impressed all tournament, especially the by the way she handled the Anglin match. Very impressive wrestler that will be back in the finals before her career is said and done.

wrestler6

I don't care what weight class it is... D1,d2,d3... These kids earn their right to be there, I'm tired of everyone bashing them.. Give them props and make them feel good for what they accomplished!!
Tyler

imnofish

Quote from: wrestler6 on February 28, 2016, 05:22:27 AM
I don't care what weight class it is... D1,d2,d3... These kids earn their right to be there, I'm tired of everyone bashing them.. Give them props and make them feel good for what they accomplished!!

+1  Not only is this appropriate for the finalists, but for every state qualifier.  Many great wrestlers have not even made it that far, so kudos to all who participated at the State Tournament this year!
None are so hopelessly enslaved, as those who falsely believe they are free. The truth has been kept from the depth of their minds by masters who rule them with lies. -Johann Von Goethe

Some days it's hardly worth chewing through the restraints!

Quack

Wow, sounds to me like someone doesnt care to see girls on the wrestling mat. In many matches, someone does something and gets caught and stuck. That match could have been over right there. I think you have to a pretty good wrestler to catch another top caliber kid in something and put them to their back less than 30 seconds in to a match. Way to Go Macy!!!
Come off, like you go on.
Live by the headlock, die by the headlock

shouldvewrestled

Quote from: Quack on February 28, 2016, 08:21:48 AM
Wow, sounds to me like someone doesnt care to see girls on the wrestling mat. In many matches, someone does something and gets caught and stuck. That match could have been over right there. I think you have to a pretty good wrestler to catch another top caliber kid in something and put them to their back less than 30 seconds in to a match. Way to Go Macy!!!
If the match goes the other way do we fully congratulate Anderson on almost pinning Kilty before losing? I didn't see anywhere where guillotine put Kilty down and said girls shouldn't wrestle. He just gave kudos to Anderson who won a state championship in an environment where most didn't want him to win, in pretty dominant fashion after a shaky start. Congrats to both for making the finals, both deserving. It wouldn't surprise me to see her be our first WI female champ and congrats on being the second to ever make the finals.

Quack

Quote from: shouldvewrestled on February 28, 2016, 08:39:03 AM
Quote from: Quack on February 28, 2016, 08:21:48 AM
If the match goes the other way do we fully congratulate Anderson on almost pinning Kilty before losing? I didn't see anywhere where guillotine put Kilty down and said girls shouldn't wrestle. He just gave kudos to Anderson who won a state championship in an environment where most didn't want him to win, in pretty dominant fashion after a shaky start. Congrats to both for making the finals, both deserving. It wouldn't surprise me to see her be our first WI female champ and congrats on being the second to ever make the finals.
Sure, why not? You are right, he doesnt come right out and say girls shouldnt wrestle, but it sure seems like it in his post. "Wasnt much of a match", "Not even close to a pin", I am not sure what match he was watching, but it started off exciting, and, he was on his back for a 5 count and was close to being pinned. He did a great job on the come back, which made it even a better match to watch. Maybe I am a little more sensitive to it, having a daughter that wrestles. I hear it all the time. Mostly from "Old School" guys, or parents that have boys that get beat by girls.   
Come off, like you go on.
Live by the headlock, die by the headlock

guillotine

Never once was it my intention to diss Kilty. You obviously are very sensitive about the situation. If you have a daughter who wrestles I can understand that. Male,female,no hands or feet doesn't matter to me.
I just thought it was a really tough situation for Anderson and said so. You're entitled to your opinion as am I. It was not even close to a pin, ill stand by that. There will be several sources for you to rewatch it but people like you generally stick your head in the sand and can't/won't see the truth.
I'm sure both Kilty and Anderson are great kids and represented themselves very well.
Please don't try to spin my post into something it wasn't to.

DarkKnight

Relax ppl, they are both great wrestlers, Anderson just a little stronger. I don't know why you are all fighting like basketball fans.

wrestling for fun

Quote from: guillotine on February 28, 2016, 10:08:28 AM
Never once was it my intention to diss Kilty. You obviously are very sensitive about the situation. If you have a daughter who wrestles I can understand that. Male,female,no hands or feet doesn't matter to me.
I just thought it was a really tough situation for Anderson and said so. You're entitled to your opinion as am I. It was not even close to a pin, ill stand by that. There will be several sources for you to rewatch it but people like you generally stick your head in the sand and can't/won't see the truth.
I'm sure both Kilty and Anderson are great kids and represented themselves very well.
Please don't try to spin my post into something it wasn't to.
you started your statement saying it really wasn't much of a match.sounds a little disrespectful to me.  I'm sure if you ask Anderson, he probably gives Kilty a little more respect and credit than you...especially after counting Kohl center lights for anfew moments

jchap

Anyone know if Kilty was cutting much to make 106?  Is it reasonable to think she could make 106 the next three years, or will she eventually have to bump up?