HWT B10 new competitor?

Started by Micah, January 02, 2016, 09:29:34 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Micah

Heard Snyder was going HWT.  Any know if this has legs or is BS?

stp

Yup.  He's back.

http://www.elevenwarriors.com/ohio-state-wrestling/2015/12/65720/kyle-snyder-forgoes-olympic-redshirt-for-a-run-at-ncaa-title

"In addition to Snyder and Myles Martin, two-time All-American Hunter Stieber is likely to return to the Buckeye starting lineup after surgery on both elbows. "

(guessing)
Ohio State lineup for Big 10s:

125: Tomasello
133: DiJulius
141: Jordan
149: Stieber
157: Ryan
165: Jordan
174: Martin
184: Courts
197: Martin
285: Snyder
From Milwaukee to St Paris.

Micah

Snyder vs. Gwiz will be epic 😀

Musky Hunter

lizard king

Ivan Stankowski

lizard king

Sure! assuming they wrestle, Synder could lose to VT before the finals.  The way the seeding went last year they may wrestle first round!

jaguarwrestler

well I said tOSU had little chance at a team title, this would change that... although I don't think you just step up from 197 to hwt and are a top 3 guy, we will see how he handles the weight difference. I believe he would be a top 10 guy but not sure a top 5 guy.
I am not in danger, I AM the danger!

Grappler

Jag, Kyle Snyder was a World Champ at 211..I think your selling him way short with a top 5 finish.. I have a feeling he will be right in the running for an ncaa title

lizard king

Snyder was a world champ but also recently took 2nd at 197.  (Not 1st and not Hwt)  Plus Gwiz is pretty darn good.

bigoil

He's the best wrestler at the weight, we shall see how it turns out.

Wisconsin Wrestling Fan

When's the wrestle off between Tavanello and Snyder?  ;)
Kirk Nelson
Badger Wrestling Team 1983-1984
UW-Madison. BBA Degree. Marketing Major.
Fennimore High School http://rvwrestlingalum.com/Programs/1982_files/145.pdf

Micah

Gwiz is legit I remember during NCAAs there was an interview with JD Bergmann where he said Gwiz traveled all the time to Ohio to train with the guys there.  He could also compete on international scene and win matches.  Not sure he would be a world champ but he could compete with those guys.  Snyder is also going to be giving up weight and college heavies are not chub like most HS heavies.  

Gwiz is aggressive and has good leg attacks, similar to MM of PSU.  Based on Snyder's training schedule and giving up weight I favor Gwiz.  Should be a great match,  just hope they have not trained together much so we don't get a practice partner match.

TLV

Not on point, but apparently I"m not in the loop. What is the criteria for a 4 point near-fall? 2 pointer still 2 seconds and 3 pointer still 5 seconds?
Thanks.
God Bless the NRA for  defending Americans'  Civil Rights for over 125 years, and for now defending the U.S. Constitution from those who attack the Second Amendment.
"Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety." Ben Franklin

bigoil