Corey Clement coming back for his senior season?

Started by TomM, December 15, 2015, 05:06:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

TomM

Jesse Temple ‏@jessetemple  10m10 minutes ago
Just talked to Wisconsin running backs coach John Settle. Corey Clement has told him he's coming back for his senior season. #Badgers
https://twitter.com/jessetemple/status/676898461996986368
Seek excellence and truth instead of fame -John Prime
Courage is grace under pressure - Ernest Hemingway
Advocating "matside weigh-in" since 1997
"That's why they wrestle the matches"

Ghetto

Clement told coaches long ago he wouldn't come out unless he got a 1st or 2nd round grade. There's no way he had that.
As long as we are keeping score, I've got something to prove

imnofish

He should have taken a medical redshirt this year.  He probably would have been much better off with 2 complete seasons as a starter to his credit, if he's hoping to draft well.  Seems like he just wasted this year.
None are so hopelessly enslaved, as those who falsely believe they are free. The truth has been kept from the depth of their minds by masters who rule them with lies. -Johann Von Goethe

Some days it's hardly worth chewing through the restraints!

Ghetto

Agreed. I said that all year. He wasted his year. The only way for him to get even partial redemption is to go off in the bowl game. He'd need 200+ yards and a bunch of TDs to even put him on the radar, since it's a minor bowl.
As long as we are keeping score, I've got something to prove

littleguy301

I hope he has been studing to make sure he is coming back.

Not sure why he would even think of coming out ths year.
If life is tough,,,,wear a helmet

maggie

LG, I don't believe he ever intended to after the INJ...all tho he was project to be one of the top back in the country before the season started,...what a difference a few months cam make ha?....maybe with all these young Linemen coming back and a few good Recruits coming in, we can contend next yr for the big ten Championship,after all, we do get MI, IA, NW, MARL. and PUR all at home next yr in a favorable schedule.. ;)
--------------------------------------
and a joint was a bad place to be.
        stupid quotes from friends
"" I Trust Fox News more than any other source""--FAN
  ""I am sorry i called you a genius'"'-HOUND
"" Teachers brought this on all by themselves, plain and simple-RAMMY

imnofish

The way that O-line blocked against Minn. really impressed me, especially when I consider how tough the Gophers played some highly-ranked teams.  That bodes well for a very dominant line performance throughout next year.  Heck, once your hip is fully rehabbed, you could probably rush for 1,000 yards behind those guy, Maggie!  Do you have any eligibility left?   ;D
None are so hopelessly enslaved, as those who falsely believe they are free. The truth has been kept from the depth of their minds by masters who rule them with lies. -Johann Von Goethe

maggie

and the Knee Fish, It's always the Knee!... :)...Wis will be a darn good team next yr, why get down on the kid?, he was Injured and was Hurting, them pro scouts know where he''at and they also know, as he does, he's not ready, that's quite obvious...as for the Bowl Game against USC, He'll certainly get his chance to show what he has,  after all,The well know Stanford RB put up a record performance against USC this yr, let see how he stacks up against them...then well talk... ;)

imnofish

Maggie, I'm not ripping on him; I'm just pointing out that he threw away the chance for 2 good years behind this O-line, after they mature more.  Yes, I too hope that he is ready to go big in the bowl game.  It's only the hip and the knee for you?  Man, you are in good shape!  For me, it would be both knees, an ankle, my back, both shoulders, my feet...     :P     I wonder if they would let me carry the ball on a scooter???   ;)

maggie

i realize you were not ripping on him...after this, I'm going to have to call ya LUCKY... :D

imnofish

Quote from: maggie on December 19, 2015, 07:41:16 AM
i realize you were not ripping on him...after this, I'm going to have to call ya LUCKY... :D

I prefer the nickname CRASH.   ;D