Please list the WI HS wrestling coaches....

Started by stp, September 07, 2015, 05:50:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

stp

Who competed in college wrestling.        Post the high school, its wrestling coach and where they wrestled in college.

Thanks! 
From Milwaukee to St Paris.

boowrestle

you can run but you cannot hide.

Ghetto

As long as we are keeping score, I've got something to prove

stp

Quote from: Ghetto on September 07, 2015, 07:29:21 PM
Why?

You don't have to.  It is just curiosity.  

To add- The thread idea came from Zeb at Flo and his interview at Olentangy Liberty in Columbus, which is where UW Badger recruit Kyle Larson is now attending.    They discussed how many of the high schools now in the Central Ohio area have former D1 college wrestlers as coaches.    Just brought up curiosity how many wrestling coaches in Wisconsin also competed in college.  

Not meaning anything negative by the question.  

Pheasant 1984

You are only as good as you practice! Practice like a champion to become a champion!

Ghetto

I spent two days in the room at UW-Whitewater.

I can't think of any D1 wrestlers off-hand that I know. Ralph Denisco was at Marquette for a minute.
As long as we are keeping score, I've got something to prove

bulldog

Kevin Black (River Falls) - Madison
Jackson Hein (Marshfield) - Madison

Hand Control

Not going with any friction here. As I will take my sons Division 3 coaching staff any and every day of the week. Their roots to their college program are deep and the passion they have for my son and EVERY one off his teammates is second to none.

bulldog

Quote from: Hand Control on September 09, 2015, 01:56:39 PM
Not going with any friction here. As I will take my sons Division 3 coaching staff any and every day of the week. Their roots to their college program are deep and the passion they have for my son and EVERY one off his teammates is second to none.

I agree...Scott Arneson (Merrill) wrestled for UW-Platteville and I would take him as a coach for my boys any day. And I think Scott Benitz (Wisconsin Rapids) may have went to UW-Stout...not sure if he wrestled for them or not - not sure if Stout had a wrestling team...

stp

Quote from: getyourpoints on September 09, 2015, 07:19:59 AM
I believe the point of the article was that Ohio has become a powerhouse, and specifically because of how many "D1" wrestler are coaches. So your question should be how many "D1" wrestlers are now high school coaches in the state of WI?
S. Clough at Appleton North wrestled for the Badgers
Lancaster at Freedom wrestled D1 and D3
I think that in NE WI most of the coaches wrestled "D3".

What is the point of your question stp?
My question could have been more specific with only D1 wrestlers but decided to include all level of college wrestling.  I'm sure theirs plenty of good coaches to include who competed D2, NAIA, etc...

As for my point, if you don't care for my question you didn't have to reply.    Like I already said,  it is just curiosity.

old geezer

Jeff Matczak (Kaukauna) wrestled for UW-Oshkosh

bigoil

Quote from: Ghetto on September 09, 2015, 10:51:49 AM
I spent two days in the room at UW-Whitewater.

I can't think of any D1 wrestlers off-hand that I know. Ralph Denisco was at Marquette for a minute.
Beat me by one day, preseason at UWSP  ;)

Spartan

hammen

Coach Best at Hartford is a former Badger. You can find him on one of the posters in the Badger wrestling lounge

hammen

I believe Chad Steldt (sp?) at Fennimore was also a Badger.