620 WTMJ Talking about Junior High Inclusion right now

Started by Ty Clark, September 02, 2015, 01:43:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ty Clark

"If you always do what you always did, you will always get what you always got."
-Mark Twain

Ty Clark

It didn't turn out to be as entertaining as I had hoped. It was started about an 8th grade girl in MN whose school wouldn't let her play on the varsity boys hockey team, then turned to whether or not any JH kids should be competing on varsity. Thielke was name-dropped by Josh from Muskego (Not really the best example for the need of JHI, since Thielke took a year off b/w JH and HS). Anyhow, having this issue in MN doesn't bode well for WI ever going the way of JHI.

I really don't care either way if JHI ever happens. I would personally like to see it at the JV level only to keep the good JH kids from wasting their time/beating up on newbies in JH (at least JV kids have age on them). Aside from that, I'd like to see the WIAA get more involved at the JH level. There are like 600 high school member schools and only 80 junior high level schools.
"If you always do what you always did, you will always get what you always got."
-Mark Twain

aarons23

WIAA would be terrible at the jh level...I am surprised there are 80 schools doing it.
Big house"As part of my mental toughness routine ... I read the forum and try NOT to believe everything on here."

It's very strenuous! 

Opinions are not facts. Because two people differ in opinions doesn't make one of them wrong.

Ty Clark

Quote from: aarons23 on September 02, 2015, 03:16:51 PM
WIAA would be terrible at the jh level...I am surprised there are 80 schools doing it.

I'm not a big fan of some of the stuff the WIAA does, but their oversight would at least get all of the JH's on the same schedule (some schools have wrestling before xmas, some after, some not until almost March). Not to mention, it's kind of hard to push for JHI for a bunch of schools which aren't even in the WIAA.
-Mark Twain