2015-16 projected lineup

Started by BuckyMatRat, May 13, 2015, 07:01:47 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

npope

Quote from: The Angry Fish on August 11, 2015, 02:23:03 PM
Quote from: leg turk on August 11, 2015, 10:36:31 AM

Does this go for all the wrestlers?  Seems like last year a couple other lighter wrestlers took some heat on this forum for not "buying in".

Who wasn't "buying in".....I was in Purgatory last year.

That was Davis-speak for JT not getting down to with the previously agreed upon 133 pounds (or possibly other things as well, all too vague to know for sure).
Merely having an opinion doesn't necessarily make it a good one

Nat Pope

Barou

Quote from: The Angry Fish on August 11, 2015, 02:23:03 PM
Quote from: leg turk on August 11, 2015, 10:36:31 AM

Does this go for all the wrestlers?  Seems like last year a couple other lighter wrestlers took some heat on this forum for not "buying in".

Who wasn't "buying in".....I was in Purgatory last year.

It's simple. If a wrestler was successful, he bought in. If he wasn't, he didn't buy in.
JHI Mafia

dad 2 5

125: JJ (So) Cullen (FR)
133: RT (Jr) McCelland Fr
141: Lantz (Fr) Grahek (So) Rowh (Fr) Martin (Fr)
149: Crone (So) Lubeck (Jr) Donar (Jr) StickleyFr
157: Scharenbrock (Fr) Ruschell (Jr) Liegel (So) Santonio (Jr) Schmid (Fr)
165: Jordan (Jr) Quintanilla (Fr)
174: Robertson (So) Stilling (So)
184: Christensen (Fr)   Reinhardt (Fr) Veling (Jr)
197: Ritter (Fr) Chadd (Fr) Hochstaetter (Sr) Peissig (So)
Hwy: Horwath (Sr) Stone (Fr)
OR: Medberry; Thielke

Bold starter (Lantz to start at 25 and then 41; Grahek to start at 41 until Lantz returns)
Redshirts: Cullen; Martin; Stickley; Schmid; Quintanilla; Chadd; Stone

Just my guess now that we are close to the season

Wisconsin Wrestling Fan

Current Depth Projection:

125 Jimenez/McClelland
133 Taylor/Lantz (RS Cullen)
141 Rowh/Grahek (RS Stickley and Martin)
149 Crone/Lubeck/Donar
157 Ruschell/Liegel/Scharenbrock/Cathery (RS Schmid)
165 Jordan (RS Quintanilla)
174 Robertson (RS Reinhardt)
184 Stilling/Christensen
197 Peissig/Veling/Hochstaetter (RS Ritter and Chadd)
285 Horwath (RS Stone)

RS - Projected Redshirt

Cullen said on his video he is at 133 - uwbadgers.com lists 125; Liegel is at 157 at uwbadgers.com. I am assuming all freshman are redshirts at this point. Lantz may compete at 141 when Taylor is back.

Curious to see how several guys compete at the upcoming Michigan State Open that did not participate in the Red/White dual. Still plenty of opportunity to secure/solidify the varsity spots at several weights.

Kirk Nelson
Badger Wrestling Team 1983-1984
UW-Madison. BBA Degree. Marketing Major.
Fennimore High School http://rvwrestlingalum.com/Programs/1982_files/145.pdf

leg turk

Quote from: The Angry Fish on October 26, 2015, 01:05:35 PM
Crone beating Lubeck is pretty surprising.
Not to me, he is the real deal.

jaguarwrestler

I think they could wrestle 10 times and split, either is a quality starter if they wrestle offensive
I am not in danger, I AM the danger!

Harris

Quote from: Wisconsin Wrestling Fan on October 26, 2015, 12:42:36 PM
Current Depth Projection:

125 Jimenez/McClelland
133 Taylor/Lantz (RS Cullen)
141 Rowh/Grahek (RS Stickley and Martin)
149 Crone/Lubeck/Donar
157 Ruschell/Liegel/Scharenbrock/Cathery (RS Schmid)
165 Jordan (RS Quintanilla)
174 Robertson (RS Reinhardt)
184 Stilling/Christensen
197 Peissig/Veling/Hochstaetter (RS Ritter and Chadd)
285 Horwath (RS Stone)

RS - Projected Redshirt

Cullen said on his video he is at 133 - uwbadgers.com lists 125; Liegel is at 157 at uwbadgers.com. I am assuming all freshman are redshirts at this point. Lantz may compete at 141 when Taylor is back.

Curious to see how several guys compete at the upcoming Michigan State Open that did not participate in the Red/White dual. Still plenty of opportunity to secure/solidify the varsity spots at several weights.

Are all the wrestlers participating in the Michigan State Open?  I see it on the regular schedule so I am assuming everyone is wrestling that is on your list.  Is that a bad assumption.  I remember when I was told by people in the know that you can only take so many wrestlers to a big ten meet per the big ten rules.  We had to forfeit some matches because we didn't bring along backups.  Is an open tournament different?  Can we bring them all?  Does it make sense to wrestle them all?

dad 2 5

I too think it would be a 5/5 split in 10 matches. Lubeck would keep every match tight and Crone would win and couple in the last seconds and his goes all 7 minutes plus. Both are fun to watch. Question is what weight does Crone wrestle at. Seems to be a team player!

billymurphy

I watched Crone wrestle this summer and he deserves credit for the hard work he put in.
Name anybody on the team that entered more summer tournaments than Crone.
I can't.

Numbers

Quote from: Harris on October 26, 2015, 03:35:59 PM
Are all the wrestlers participating in the Michigan State Open?  I see it on the regular schedule so I am assuming everyone is wrestling that is on your list.  Is that a bad assumption.  I remember when I was told by people in the know that you can only take so many wrestlers to a big ten meet per the big ten rules.  We had to forfeit some matches because we didn't bring along backups.  Is an open tournament different?  Can we bring them all?  Does it make sense to wrestle them all?

The Michigan State Open has a freshman/sophomore division (that may include redshirts) as well as an Open division.  This is an upgrade from the Pointer Open that has been on some previous schedules.

Numbers

Quote from: dad 2 5 on October 26, 2015, 04:32:28 PM
I too think it would be a 5/5 split in 10 matches. Lubeck would keep every match tight and Crone would win and couple in the last seconds and his goes all 7 minutes plus. Both are fun to watch. Question is what weight does Crone wrestle at. Seems to be a team player!

I would guess Crone wins 6 of 10.  That is based off the last two Red/White duals which had Crone winning both matches.  I expect the Wisconsin 149 pounder to win multiple matches at NCAAs this year!

leg turk

Is there a schedule somewhere of the open tourneys that some of the Badgers will be going to?

Ivan Stankowski

Quote from: The Angry Fish on October 26, 2015, 09:13:35 PM
Quote from: Numbers on October 26, 2015, 08:21:22 PM

I would guess Crone wins 6 of 10.  That is based off the last two Red/White duals which had Crone winning both matches.  I expect the Wisconsin 149 pounder to win multiple matches at NCAAs this year!

Crone got bigger and better, Lubeck is as tough and athletic as they come.

Will Crone get the nod?

leg turk

Quote from: Ivan Stankowski on October 27, 2015, 08:40:25 AM
Quote from: The Angry Fish on October 26, 2015, 09:13:35 PM
Quote from: Numbers on October 26, 2015, 08:21:22 PM

Crone got bigger and better, Lubeck is as tough and athletic as they come.

Will Crone get the nod?

He should, or what's the point of having wrestle offs?

Briopiate

I think they have to consider who matches up the best against the rest of the NCAA...not a practice room partner. I would think Crone matches up better...he just seems to have more offensive potential.... There a couple of other weights where I think the loser in the wrestle off could possibly fare better than the winner against outside competition...it will be fun to follow the open tournaments where the Badgers have multiple wrestlers at certain weights to see how things shake out.