Grapple On The Gridiron!!!

Started by padre, May 03, 2015, 03:25:08 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

padre

Wittenberg-Birnamwood will be trying something new this year.....wrestling under the lights on the football field.  The date is August 15th and we are hoping to get a great response from the wrestling community  so that others will put themselves "out there" to try and create events that promote the sport no matter what time of the year.

We plan to have this evening being very festive with Dennis Hall being the Master of Ceremonies along with a nice firework show and many other fun things for all to enjoy.

This event is for K-Old timers so get those registrations in early!!!

tyben

Sounds pretty cool, what are the age/grade groups?

MNbadger

This sounds AWESOME!

Good luck!
I would like to reach through the screen and slap the next person who starts a thread about "global warming." Wraslfan
"Obama thinks we should all be on welfare."  BigG
"MN will eventually go the way of Greece." Wraslfan

ramjet

K-old timers

bring plenty of bug spray.........very cool Padre ove the idea if this NE Wiscnsin version of beach wresting.......😎😎😎

padre

It will be run like most tournaments...k 1-2 3-4 5-6 7-8 high school old timers

Hopefully it will go over well Ram...always sounds good but need the participants.  Should be some younger old timers for your son. 😄

ramjet

Quote from: padre on May 03, 2015, 06:43:07 PM

Hopefully it will go over well Ram...always sounds good but need the participants.  Should be some younger old timers for your son. 😄

ha he cannot coach will not allow it but it is a great idea and a very cool twist. I will pass this along but anyone doing football will probably be out.

Mat Warrior

Quote from: padre on May 03, 2015, 06:43:07 PM

I know when I was in college I went to a local old timer tourny and they wouldn't let college wrestlers wrestle. I don't don't know if this was stated in the rules or if someone close to my weight from that town complained.

WestAD

Great idea, I wrestled in an out door tournament In Illinois in 2000, it was great. Have mops with water handy... 80 plus degrees on a sunny day, those mats get hot!

HMsDad

This is great! I have tried talking our local baseball club into letting me this. They don't like the idea of me putting a mat in centerfield.

padre

Quote from: HMsDad on May 06, 2015, 10:00:20 AM
This is great! I have tried talking our local baseball club into letting me this. They don't like the idea of me putting a mat in centerfield.

Hopefully we fill early and get enough approval that it could be a yearly thing. May take a few more the week before once we know weather forecast but can't count on that.

padre

wrastle63

Padre we plan on bringing a group of 10 or so! Looking forward to it!

padre

Quote from: wrastle63 on May 28, 2015, 12:07:13 PM
Padre we plan on bringing a group of 10 or so! Looking forward to it!

Great!!!! Should be fun.

Just a reminder to all that it is a Pre-Registration Only tournament.

padre

padre

Three weeks left for registration(August 8th deadline). About half full at this point so hoping to fill with the help of the wrestling community.