Big ten individual predictions

Started by Wrestling fan, February 13, 2015, 10:51:05 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

MNbadger

The really sad part is that Iowa is better behaved than htey have been in the past!
I would like to reach through the screen and slap the next person who starts a thread about "global warming." Wraslfan
"Obama thinks we should all be on welfare."  BigG
"MN will eventually go the way of Greece." Wraslfan

woody53

Quote from: MNbadger on February 22, 2015, 12:37:03 PM
The really sad part is that Iowa is better behaved than htey have been in the past!
You think so? After watching them at the National Duals, they are the unsportsmanlike bullies at the highest level.
Fast cars, drag race. Fast Drivers, Road Race!

hammen

MNbadger

Yes, I fel like they are better than they have been for at least the last ten years or so. 
There were some pretty poor exibits of sportmanship (actually the lack of) vs MN going back quite a few years.
As much as I dislike Evans, he was the best sportmanship-wise as I have ever seen this season at MN.  To be honest, he wasn't what I consider sportsmanlike but better than I've seen before.
I think the monkies were better than in the past too.
I would like to reach through the screen and slap the next person who starts a thread about "global warming." Wraslfan

woody53

How does Brands get away with his actions. He was all the way down on the side of the mat within two feet of the circle. The officials did not do a thing about it. If they allow him to control a NCAA match, he will control a NCAA match.

woody53

Oh, and by the way Brands. You lost.

hammen

Quote from: woody53 on February 22, 2015, 01:37:52 PM
How does Brands get away with his actions. He was all the way down on the side of the mat within two feet of the circle. The officials did not do a thing about it. If they allow him to control a NCAA match, he will control a NCAA match.

No kidding. It did turn out to bite him in the 2013 finals where Ramos almost had near fall and Iowa wanted a video review but Brands was jumping in front of the matside camera and completely blocked any video review.

Refs tried to give this match to Iowa today. So many ridiculous stall calls given. I would love to see the amount of actual committed shots taken, not half shots. I would imagine that difference is much worse than the score.

hammen

Still pretty pissed at how wrong they got the call at 125. Gillian should've been DQ'd. I can't think of any situation where that isn't a flagrant misconduct call. Any high school match and that is appropriately called a DQ not question. Why are we holding our youth to a higher standard?

Musky Hunter

Makes it easy not to want Iowa to win after watching the last couple of days.  Loved watching them get smoked. 

woody53

Quote from: hammen on February 22, 2015, 01:54:08 PM
Still pretty pissed at how wrong they got the call at 125. Gillian should've been DQ'd. I can't think of any situation where that isn't a flagrant misconduct call. Any high school match and that is appropriately called a DQ not question. Why are we holding our youth to a higher standard?
Kind of set the tone for the whole meet. Do not understand it myself, the calls were very confusing from a spectators point. Still do not understand the 1 and 1.

woody53

If Barry, Cael, or even J-Rob did what the Brands did in the last two days, they would have had a point against them, no question.

MNbadger

Like I said, they have gotten better.  Zadick was even worse.  I never want someone new to the sport to see how the Brands act during a meet.  It is shameful for our sport, period.

Huckfinn

Still pretty pissed at how wrong they got the call at 125. Gillian should've been DQ'd.  

It was a confusing series of calls and behavior.  After cutting to commercial and calmly sizing situation up, reporter Shane Sparks provided explanation - and got everything exactly wrong.  ;D

I guess Gilman got 1 pt penalty for the professional wrestling drop, and Waters got a penalty point assessed for his push on Gilman's head.

I can see argument for DQ, but am OK with the 1 pt penalty.

woody53

Quote from: Huckfinn on February 22, 2015, 05:00:25 PM
Still pretty pissed at how wrong they got the call at 125. Gillian should've been DQ'd.  

It was a confusing series of calls and behavior.  After cutting to commercial and calmly sizing situation up, reporter Shane Sparks provided explanation - and got everything exactly wrong.  ;D

I guess Gilman got 1 pt penalty for the professional wrestling drop, and Waters got a penalty point assessed for his push on Gilman's head.

I can see argument for DQ, but am OK with the 1 pt penalty.

Huckfinn

Quote from: woody53 on February 22, 2015, 01:39:13 PM
Oh, and by the way Brands. You lost.

God Bless Missouri.     Not much fanfare for the champs - where was the confetti?  The presentation of the trophy!   The championship caps?   The speech to the booing Iowa crowd?

I want to see that duals tournament pumped up in status.     A team is ten guys.    To me, Missouri are real champions.