Kids State Bracketing

Started by madeyson, March 15, 2014, 04:22:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

madeyson

Anyone figure out the pattern for bracketing this year's youth state tournament?

1Iota

Quote from: madeyson on March 15, 2014, 04:22:12 PM
Anyone figure out the pattern for bracketing this year's youth state tournament?

Yes, I will be releasing this years match ups at 2am on Thursday evening.  It will only be left up for 10 minutes so you have to be awake & ready.

Coachmom

What website do you get them from?

BlackandGold

Does anyone know the reason why brackets are not shared until weigh ins?
I'm sure there is (or was) good reasons...I'd just like to know....instead of assuming it's another way to make coin while we are waiting in line to get in for weigh ins  :D

HMsDad

Quote from: BlackandGold on March 17, 2014, 11:56:56 AM
Does anyone know the reason why brackets are not shared until weigh ins?
I'm sure there is (or was) good reasons...I'd just like to know....instead of assuming it's another way to make coin while we are waiting in line to get in for weigh ins  :D
I was told in the past they keep it secret because they don't want kids dropping out because of their draw. Little Johnny gets a former state champ and then gets sick the day before or just doesn't show up. Hard to get a 3rd place kid on 24 hour notice.

dirt

Really, I can't hardly believe any parent would not have there kid wrestle just because they had a "tough draw" and might get beat. You must be thinking of something else......  My guess would be at least 25% would not show up.

ChargerDad

Quote from: dirt on March 17, 2014, 12:19:26 PM
Really, I can't hardly believe any parent would not have there kid wrestle just because they had a "tough draw" and might get beat. You must be thinking of something else......  My guess would be at least 25% would not show up.

"My son is tough..  Wait, not that tough. He might break a nail!" - what those parents are saying..

If my kid gets his butt handed to him the first round (or any round), we'll use that to motivate efforts to come back next year tougher!  How does a wrestler get better by avoiding good competition???