Mitch Hull and the Sparta Spartan's Wrestling Banquet

Started by kabrvi, March 14, 2014, 07:47:05 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

kabrvi

The Sparta Spartan Wrestling team held their wrestling banquet last night and Mitch Hull was our guest speaker.  How Mr. Hull came to be our speaker, I do not know; but his message, energy, and passion for the sport was highly evident and the wrestling community in Sparta was the better for it.

It is abundantly clear that the Badgers will not lack a presence that goes beyond their wrestlers and team competition while Mr. Hull is involved.  Our table was fortunate to have Mr. Hull seated with us; and during our dinner, we were offered some insight by him regarding his plans to help build the Badger program.  It was exciting to hear.

Beyond his insights regarding the Badger's program while at our table, his message to our wrestlers when he spoke publicly was powerful.  He differentiated the meaning of "sacrifice" and the need to replace it with "choice".  The power of "time" and the need to wrestle Freestyle and Greco.  It was a message that should have resonated with the parents and the wrestlers.  Simply put, it was awesome and on behalf of the wrestling community, I would like to thank him for his time and message.

When all the excitement was flying around this forum regarding Mitch Hull's return, I didn't have the appreciation for it that I do now.

Thanks again Mr. Hull

Andy Polhamus

Big Steve

If you haven't had the pleasure of speaking with Mr. Hull. I would tell you to seek him out. Absolute class, with so much passion for Wisconsin wrestling. Huge win for Wisconsin when Mitch came home.
Not sure that the world trials would be held here with out his doing.