State Tournament Thursday Simple Change, Big Improvement.

Started by jaguarwrestler, February 27, 2014, 12:10:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jaguarwrestler

After the first round in D1 today, they will have 4 matches in each weight for the quarter finals

they will also have 4 matches in D2 and D3 to wrestle tonight in each weight

instead of running the 4 D1 quarters on 6 mats and burning through a bunch of good matches in the blink of an eye.... why can't they just go 2 mats per division... so instead of D1 on 6 mats followed with D2&D3 on 3 mats each, all 3 divisions wrestle at once on 2 mats each.

so the 6 D1 quarters at once would become 2 D1 quarters at once and the three D2&D3 quarters would be on 2 mats instead of 3

still wrestle same amount of matches, takes same amount of time... but it would a big improvement for parents/teams/coaches/fans to only have to keep an eye on 2 matches in your division, it would reduce the chances of one team have 2-3 kids on the mat at once and that makes it much better for the parents/coaches
I am not in danger, I AM the danger!

ougiqbxy

Quote from: jaguarwrestler on February 27, 2014, 12:10:39 PM
After the first round in D1 today, they will have 4 matches in each weight for the quarter finals

they will also have 4 matches in D2 and D3 to wrestle tonight in each weight

instead of running the 4 D1 quarters on 6 mats and burning through a bunch of good matches in the blink of an eye.... why can't they just go 2 mats per division... so instead of D1 on 6 mats followed with D2&D3 on 3 mats each, all 3 divisions wrestle at once on 2 mats each.

so the 6 D1 quarters at once would become 2 D1 quarters at once and the three D2&D3 quarters would be on 2 mats instead of 3

still wrestle same amount of matches, takes same amount of time... but it would a big improvement for parents/teams/coaches/fans to only have to keep an eye on 2 matches in your division, it would reduce one team have 2-3 kids on the mat at once and that makes it much better for the parents/coaches

+1
"One man isn't any better than another, not because they are equal, but because they are intrinsically other, that there is no term of comparison."

Rupert Birkin in "Women in Love" by D. H. Lawrence

switch_it

Plus, it would put a lot more people in the stands to watch as well.  It always was unfortunate to look over and see most of the D1 seats empty during the D2 and D3 matches on Thursday nights.  i realize that it is not a Net gain of actual people attending the tournament, but it is a much better atmosphere when the Kohl Center is closer to full. 

jaguarwrestler

433 views and 2 responses

so I guess only 3 people would like to see this happen.

ICEMAN112

DocWrestling

The only negative is that it becomes a very long day for the D1 athletes.  The D1 285 would weigh-in, wrestle at 5:30pm and then wrestle again at after 9pm.  For the athletes it may be better to get them in and out.

As a fan I love the idea.  Coaches with multiple athletes would seem to maybe like the idea.
Of Course, this is only my opinion and no one elses!

jaguarwrestler

Quote from: DocWrestling on February 28, 2014, 09:07:39 AM
The only negative is that it becomes a very long day for the D1 athletes.  The D1 285 would weigh-in, wrestle at 5:30pm and then wrestle again at after 9pm.  For the athletes it may be better to get them in and out.

As a fan I love the idea.  Coaches with multiple athletes would seem to maybe like the idea.

as opposed to a day like today where the D2&D3  HWT will weigh in at 8:30 wrestle around 1:30 or so and then again tonight at around 8:30... that is a long day