Ukraine National Wrestling Team Visiting Wisconsin

Started by TomM, February 20, 2014, 01:20:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

TomM

Ukraine National Wrestling Team Visiting Wisconsin

Coaches, Congratulations on your high school wrestling accomplishments and looking forward to the Kohl Center.

Our Ukrainian wrestling friends are having a tough time with their civil war, however the wrestling team is still on track to come to Wisconsin.  It will be a great get away for them during this difficult time. The Team will consist of 12 wrestlers and 3 coaches total 15 or 16. Ages are high school age wrestlers to around 19 years old.  Style is Freestyle.

I would like to arrange a very comfortable exchange for them.  Below are the dates and what we would like to have a convenient geographical travel arrangement.  

For example the closest team to Milwaukee could pick the team up and host.  The next host would then pick up the team through out the stay.

Each host would have home stays with wrestling families for two to three days.  You need only about 7 to 8 families if you had two wrestler per home however you may want to spread the experience and have a 1-1 ratio.

Host would provide practice sessions, games and sight seeing local interests.  A formal dual meet on the last evening with a social (pot luck) after.  Next host would pick up at your school the next morning.

Please let me know which dates work best for you and I will put an itinerary together.  Let me know if you have any questions.

Good Luck this weekend.  

Larry Marchionda < larry@wcwusa.com >
World Class Wrestling

Ukraine National Wrestling Team

Arrive Wisconsin   Milwaukee

April
      21   Arrive Milwaukee
      29   Depart Milwaukee

Possible Hosts - All have said yes..

Burlington, Wisconsin
Menomonie Falls, Wisconsin
Stoughton, Wisconsin
Lakeland College
U.W. Oshkosh
Southern Door, Wisconsin
Seek excellence and truth instead of fame -John Prime
Courage is grace under pressure - Ernest Hemingway
Advocating "matside weigh-in" since 1997
"That's why they wrestle the matches"

musky86

Can anyone tell me if this is still happening and who the host schools are?

TomM

On Tue, Apr 1, 2014 at 9:08 AM, Lawrence Marchionda> wrote:
Exchange Hosts,

Yesterday I received information and had to wait to make sure it was correct.  The Ukraine wrestling team wassorry to announce that for many reasons they will not be able to leave the country and come to Wisconsin.

With the build of of Russian Army on their boarder and many being called to serve the military along with the decrease in the value of the Hryvna (Ukraine dollar) it is impossible to make the trip.

Coach Leonid, expressed his appreciation to every host community and family and hopefully they will have a peaceful solution to their problem and have a future exchange with Wisconsin.

Personally, I wish to thank you for being so warm and welcoming to our Ukraine wrestlers and hopefully we can host them at another time.

Wrestling for Peace and Friendship,

Larry Marchionda
Seek excellence and truth instead of fame -John Prime
Courage is grace under pressure - Ernest Hemingway
Advocating "matside weigh-in" since 1997
"That's why they wrestle the matches"