TrackWrestling

Started by scrub4life1234, January 26, 2014, 12:42:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

scrub4life1234

Why does trackwrestling always stop working at wrestling tournaments? Just a question because yesterday I was at the Westby Youth Tournament and it was down for a long time and we didn't start going til I believe like 11:15.

crossface21

I've run probably a dozen tournaments with track and it's never stopped for me.

boowrestle

Been to many and used trackwrestling at our own tournament and havent run into many problems.it is a great tool.
you can run but you cannot hide.

chuckref

The few times I've seen problems, it had to do with the Hosts internal network, not Trackwrestling.  I was reffing at the WWF State Tourney and a forklift ran over the network cable and took it down for an hour.  At another tournament, there were so many people on the WIFI tat it bogged down the network and it made Track very slow.

Chuck

DocWrestling

I would not want to run a tournament wirelessly so maybe they tried.  These days everyone follows the tourney on their portable devices even when in the gym and it bogs everything down.

Never had a problem running a tourney with trackwrestling
Of Course, this is only my opinion and no one elses!

MHSfan

Best thing since sliced bread. Don't know how we lived with out it. Results and stats at your finger tips. Thankyou Justin.

Boris

I have seen this very often and regardless of reason, right or wrong, TW gets blamed.   When there are problems, the reason for delay or stoppage  is never mentioned other than TW is down.  I was at the WWF tourney Chuckref mentioned earlier and I don't recall the fork lift incident being broadcast over the PA ( maybe it was, I might have been to annoyed to hear it).  It is an awesome program and I am one that sits in the gym on my phone to get updated results.  It's awesome I can know who is up, on deck , in the hole and get  updated teams scores and updated brackets without having to wait for announcements or getting my binoculars out to read a board on the other side of the gym.  In this day and age of technology, I would think people would understand that there are so many things that can go wrong trying to do this over a private school network that doesn't have the budget to set it up correctly. 
When it is down, I know the hosts schools priority is to just get it working, but maybe an announcement of what the reason was(without getting too in depth) would help ease the pain.
;D I have never ran a tournament but I do know that my thought would be:  I don't care what people think, its working now, Let's wrestle........

DrWhargoul

Resident contrarian checking in.  The most miserable experience I have ever had at a tournament was one that was track-run.  I don't like the limited display of upcoming matches, I witnessed a lot of confusion on the floor, and it doesn't work on my mobile device so I was stuck with just the display.  My son's bracket was changed three times (which is not track's fault of course) so one cannot lay all of the blame on the program.

As a table worker; I can't praise it enough.  Wonderful tool. 
JYD96

EIUwrestler1

moved here from a state that used track wrestling 100% of the time.  You had to sign up by Wednesday midnight, we had our brackets by lunch time Friday, there was never an issue.  For the few people in the world not on the internet, I collected their money at the Tuesday practice and entered them myself.  It took a little bit of planning, most people knew they were going to wrestle in advance.

They gave seminars on track wrestling and one thing they did say was do not run a paperless tournament, grandma and grandpa could wait a bit for results, just in case a fork lift runs over your internet connection.

It seems most of the problems are user error or just trying to jack with it.

Big House

People are always gonna talk and to tell you the truth, I love it. I love the attention.
I do what I do because it puts a smile on my face . . . and I'm the only person in the world that matters. - Jenna Jameson

spoonerwrestling

Yes there have been problems, and I agree that TW gets all the blame.  We have actually hired a TW expert for several tournaments and things have gone much smoother so that tells me that user error is probably a bigger part of the problems than track itself.  Glad to have Track here in Spoon Town!

justaclone22

I agree. Typically a user error issue, or network/internet issue. Trackwrestling has always run very smooth for us when we hard wire into the school's network. I just wish everyone would move forward to live entry.

DocWrestling

Quote from: justaclone22 on January 29, 2014, 05:13:36 PM
I agree. Typically a user error issue, or network/internet issue. Trackwrestling has always run very smooth for us when we hard wire into the school's network. I just wish everyone would move forward to live entry.

I wish it was all pre-registration on trackwrestling for the WWF qualifiers
Of Course, this is only my opinion and no one elses!

2pointTakedown

I love the site and I have not seen any issues of it going down and I wish more towns used it for all their events.

I would like to complain about the "POP UPS", when I get to a tournament from my I phone its a mess and you have to work around the crazy pop ups all the time and its frustrating.  I think advertising is fine, but they pop up way to often.