Vikings vs Packers 10-27-2013

Started by TomM, October 23, 2013, 11:41:11 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

bigoil

Quote from: The Last Ride on October 23, 2013, 08:05:15 PM
Quote from: howavi on October 23, 2013, 06:15:29 PM
Quote from: The Last Ride on October 23, 2013, 06:03:03 PM
Rumors running wild around here in Viking land.. a lot of people saying it was Freeman's people coming up with injury knowing another poor performance would really hurt his FA market...full circle back to Ponder.. His last game he had 3 TD against us. Packers playing better D. Have been very good against the run. Stop AP! Those games were brutal last year. Ponder will have a chip on his shoulder. Rodgers won't miss wide open receivers like Eli did last Mon night. Hope James Jones come back for this game..Lacy and play action please.. I hate the Hubert H. Humphrey Metrodome....Weird things happen there..tj rubley interception......

Rubley, thanks for the flash back! Just take the snap from under center!

They cut him in the plane on the way back to Green Bay.....

It wasn't soon enough, I was up in the cities visiting that weekend. Between my BIL and myself, we put 3 guys into the hospital from a friendly game of football.

The Last Ride

Being at the Metrodome, talking smack all games against Vikings fans, and then watching Terrell Buckley leave his man to allow Jim McMahon to throw a 50 yard bomb late in the 4th qtr to win the game on a field goal. After the game, Buckley commented that he didn't think McMahon could throw that far......   ???That was a long walk out of the Dome....The other time we went the Pack was up big and the Vikings fans refused to pass us anymore brews....  :o
"Do or do not. There is no try."

– Yoda

littleguy301

The Vikes coach said in a round about way that Ponder was starting.

I think the Vikes will put up some points but I also think that they will give up alot more.

40-28 Pack!
If life is tough,,,,wear a helmet

The Last Ride

Quote from: littleguy301 on October 23, 2013, 09:50:02 PM
The Vikes coach said in a round about way that Ponder was starting.

I think the Vikes will put up some points but I also think that they will give up alot more.

40-28 Pack!

;D Take it littleguy...
"Do or do not. There is no try."

– Yoda

Ghetto

You know your QB situation is bad when Christian Ponder is the best available option.
As long as we are keeping score, I've got something to prove

harley

With Ponder now the starting QB I need to change my score

Pack 49 Vikes 3

Todd

Rumors running wild around here in Viking land.. a lot of people saying it was Freeman's people coming up with injury knowing another poor performance would really hurt his FA market...full circle back to Ponder.. His last game he had 3 TD against us. Packers playing better D. Have been very good against the run. Stop AP! Those games were brutal last year. Ponder will have a chip on his shoulder. Rodgers won't miss wide open receivers like Eli did last Mon night. Hope James Jones come back for this game..Lacy and play action please.. I hate the Hubert H. Humphrey Metrodome....Weird things happen there..tj rubley interception......

They don't call it the Humpty Dump for nothing.  It's where football careers go to die both from injury and obscurity.

Rubley was an idiot.  Know your role shut the heck up and run the play that was called. 

Wasn't Freeman's miracle catch there? 
"This page intentionally left blank".

bigoil

Quote from: Todd on October 24, 2013, 07:58:57 AM

They don't call it the Humpty Dump for nothing.  It's where football careers go to die both from injury and obscurity.

Rubley was an idiot.  Know your role shut the heck up and run the play that was called. 

Pretty sure his catch was at Lambeau, I was there but don't remember for sure. I've been to several games at the Humpty dome.

Todd

Quote from: The Last Ride on October 23, 2013, 08:38:42 PM
Being at the Metrodome, talking smack all games against Vikings fans, and then watching Terrell Buckley leave his man to allow Jim McMahon to throw a 50 yard bomb late in the 4th qtr to win the game on a field goal. After the game, Buckley commented that he didn't think McMahon could throw that far......   ???That was a long walk out of the Dome....The other time we went the Pack was up big and the Vikings fans refused to pass us anymore brews....  :o

Ah yes, Burnt Toast Buckley, I remember that stupid comment.

Todd

Quote from: harley on October 24, 2013, 07:38:05 AM
With Ponder now the starting QB I need to change my score

Pack 49 Vikes 3

I actually think Ponder is the better QB at this point.  Freeman is a head case and had a good year in 2010 and above average 2 others but other than that pretty ho hum.  Ponder did play pretty well against The Pack in the Metrodome last year with a 94 QBR and 3 TDs.  At Lambeau it was a different story with a pathetic 3.1 rating.  Talk about a swing in home v. away.

Todd

Quote from: howavi on October 24, 2013, 08:14:31 AM

Pretty sure his catch was at Lambeau, I was there but don't remember for sure. I've been to several games at the Humpty dome.

Yep, Lambeau.  http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lQmyLLxRNcA

Ghetto

Quote from: Goat Roper on October 24, 2013, 08:28:40 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lQmyLLxRNcA

Freeman's catch.

I was at that game. Simply awesome. I was at about the 25 yard line so while I thought he might have caught it, 20 rows up its hard to tell. Thanks for putting that video out there.

I was also at the game where Favre threw to Corey Bradford on 4th down to win it at the end, but in the other endzone.

Man I did a lot of stuff before I had kids.  ;D
As long as we are keeping score, I've got something to prove

Todd

Quote from: Ghetto on October 24, 2013, 08:44:12 AM
Quote from: Goat Roper on October 24, 2013, 08:28:40 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lQmyLLxRNcA

Freeman's catch.

I was at that game. Simply awesome. I was at about the 25 yard line so while I thought he might have caught it, 20 rows up its hard to tell. Thanks for putting that video out there.

I was also at the game where Favre threw to Corey Bradford on 4th down to win it at the end, but in the other endzone.

Man I did a lot of stuff before I had kids.  ;D

I've been at some pretty memorable games.

1994 my very 1st Packer Game Barry Sanders is held to -1 yard and The Packers beat Detroit in The Wildcard game New Years Eve.  I bought tickets off a Packers News Group (early internet) and sat in box seats for $90, $10 over face value.

1995 watched from the corner of the endzone where Yancy Thigpen dropped a wide open pass in the endzone after Buckley(?) fell down.  The drop put The Packers into the playoffs.

I was at the game where The Packers blew out Denver and needed The Queens to lose to The Cardinals to get back into the playoffs.  The Cardinals  were awful so it was a terrible long shot.  Queens were up pretty big but The Cardinals were coming back.   People were listening to the game, watching it on little tvs and people started buzzing about the possibility of a comeback.  The Cardinals had a last second drive and throw into the endzone for a touchdown  to win the game and put The Packers into The Playoffs, knocking out the Queens  ;D.  One of the greatest calls ever made and it was as if we were at The Queens game.  Lambeau field went nuts.

http://www.bing.com/videos/search?q=paul+allen+cardinals+call&FORM=VIRE3#view=detail&mid=5FF0FA00A4A124FCEA6E5FF0FA00A4A124FCEA6E

I was at The Matt Flynn record setting game.  Last years playoff game over The Queens, etc.  

Being married to a woman from GB doesn't suck!   :P

DrSnide

Quote from: Todd on October 24, 2013, 08:38:02 AM
Quote from: howavi on October 24, 2013, 08:14:31 AM

Yep, Lambeau.  http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lQmyLLxRNcA

That clip was awesome.  But I forgot how much of a tool Dennis Miller was doing MNF.
Learn the rules like a pro so you can break them like an artist - Pablo Picasso

gwmiller44

Really? Think, Wow!