Wisconsin State Freestyle Duals

Started by benaskren, May 11, 2013, 08:55:21 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

boowrestle

you can run but you cannot hide.

tom37

Higher Level Wrestling club won. 4-0 on the day.

Todd

Where is that club from?  Who runs it?
"This page intentionally left blank".

bkraus

Strive for Perfection

hammen

Quote from: Todd on June 06, 2013, 07:53:45 AM
Where is that club from?  Who runs it?

Southeast WI - Anthony D'Alie

Wrestlingfan13

The duals were a great event and I'm surprised it wasnt attempted in the past.

AWA/Ben did a good job putting it together in the first year and the clubs that came brought some tough kids!

Higher Level Wrestling is currently located out of Burlington WI.. more information can be found at www.higherlevelwrestling.com

These are the kids we had wrestling... a tough group with a few 7th and 8th graders even to get some experience and help fill the line up.
Luke Iverson
Justin Ratkoveck
Cody Vogel
Austin Thomas
Josh Bird
Austin Qurtullo
Kody Azarian
Jared Krattiger
Zach Lamb
Max Fischer
Cody Nannamann
Connor Price
Adam Brailey
Joey Dedick
Dallas Wanta
Tony Beck

ksbird

Quote from: benaskren on May 31, 2013, 11:45:09 AM
Kevin who is begging, borrowing or stealing???  There are 15 clubs in the state, getting 8 teams should not be that difficult.  Both AWA teams are all AWA kids with the exception of one kid whose dad texted me this Tuesday and asked to be put on a team.  I thought we gave everyone lots of notice this year to get teams together. 

Next year we will do a better job of getting the word out earlier to all teams and move the event into April/May to make it easier for clubs to get participation.

Ben now that you have three teams in wisconsin do you think you could pull this off 5 years later sinde AWA according to you, AWA has nearly have have of the competitors at Fargo? After looking at top 5 rankings in the country at the HS rankings, maybe you could get NJ, PA, Ohio, CA ,Ill Minn to come dual AWA combine in folkstyle. I have not done a ton of research but it seems so of the best in country dont go to fargo. I know you have more time then I do, so maybe you do some research on that show inform me, is FARGO all that important?

imwi

Quote from: Tews19 on February 02, 2018, 06:43:27 AM
Quote from: ksbird on February 02, 2018, 01:49:55 AM
Quote from: benaskren on May 31, 2013, 11:45:09 AM
Kevin who is begging, borrowing or stealing???  There are 15 clubs in the state, getting 8 teams should not be that difficult.  Both AWA teams are all AWA kids with the exception of one kid whose dad texted me this Tuesday and asked to be put on a team.  I thought we gave everyone lots of notice this year to get teams together. 

Next year we will do a better job of getting the word out earlier to all teams and move the event into April/May to make it easier for clubs to get participation.

Ben now that you have three teams in wisconsin do you think you could pull this off 5 years later sinde AWA according to you, AWA has nearly have have of the competitors at Fargo? After looking at top 5 rankings in the country at the HS rankings, maybe you could get NJ, PA, Ohio, CA ,Ill Minn to come dual AWA combine in folkstyle. I have not done a ton of research but it seems so of the best in country dont go to fargo. I know you have more time then I do, so maybe you do some research on that show inform me, is FARGO all that important?

Is this a late night/early morning drunk post? Honest question?

Replying to a 5 year old post sure makes you wonder

littleguy301

Well I am not going to say anything as to what anyone was doing at 2 am in the morning.

I will add that to get to a post that is close to 5 years old takes some serious decation, research and time. Mr Bird could have started his search during the daylight and took that long to find that old post to reply something.

I certainly know that while searching for a topic that was maybe posted in like November I have some problems doing so and takes alot of time for me.

though, since I am currently on the no drinking wagon, I really know that I am not smart by any means ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D
If life is tough,,,,wear a helmet

Icheerloud

Maybe this is Mr. Bird's response to Ben's questions about WIAA open enrollment violations? ???

benaskren

LOLOL Not sure that I should respond to a 3am post that is slightly incoherent but here it is :)

When we started State Freestyle Duals and AWA was not very good we had no problem getting teams to sign up, the better we got the harder it was. 

Now we just spend more time traveling out of state to get the competition we need.

Fargo is still one of the best competitions around(Top 3 IMO- UWW Cadets, Super 32, Fargo FS) that coupled with traveling with the team makes it a great experience for HS kids.  We had almost 30 kids attend last year and I think they all enjoyed the experience.

Last fall we sent some of our best kids to do a combine with Young Guns, Burnett Trained, Pinnacle and Wrestling Factory(OH) it was an awesome experience.

Thanks for the late night questions Kevin, have a good day.
Ben Askren
Founder and Owner at AWA
askrenbros@gmail.com
www.awawisconsin.com

nutman

Since this post is fresh....make sure you are aware it is from 2013.  I looked at first glance and assumed it was a plug for June 1st of this year.  Ugh!

bigoil

Quote from: benaskren on February 02, 2018, 10:26:36 AM
LOLOL Not sure that I should respond to a 3am post that is slightly incoherent but here it is :)

When we started State Freestyle Duals and AWA was not very good we had no problem getting teams to sign up, the better we got the harder it was. 

Now we just spend more time traveling out of state to get the competition we need.

Fargo is still one of the best competitions around(Top 3 IMO- UWW Cadets, Super 32, Fargo FS) that coupled with traveling with the team makes it a great experience for HS kids.  We had almost 30 kids attend last year and I think they all enjoyed the experience.

Last fall we sent some of our best kids to do a combine with Young Guns, Burnett Trained, Pinnacle and Wrestling Factory(OH) it was an awesome experience.

Thanks for the late night questions Kevin, have a good day.
I was with a young gun (PA) member/Dad yesterday and he was jealous that we have Ben in WI. He wish you came there more often.