Wisconsin State Freestyle Duals

Started by benaskren, May 11, 2013, 08:55:21 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

benaskren

AWA will be hosting the State Junior Freestyle Duals on June 1st at Concordia in Mequon.  We are looking for 2 more teams to compete to make 8 teams.  At this point we have 6 teams committed with a few others on the fence.  We really would like to get 8 teams to make this first year a success.  If you need to combine teams to make sure you have a full roster no problem.  Check out the rest of the info below.

http://c2971522.r22.cf0.rackcdn.com/SGreIhmFEvMwQoqaLeiK.pdf
Ben Askren
Founder and Owner at AWA
askrenbros@gmail.com
www.awawisconsin.com

benaskren

AWA has 2 teams
Higher Level
Advance
X Factor Elite

I was super disappointed we couldnt get 8 teams together, but 5 is a start.  Hopefully next year.

Ben Askren
Founder and Owner at AWA
askrenbros@gmail.com
www.awawisconsin.com

aarons23

Where is Ringers, Victory, Northern Exposures, Kangoroo, Dennis Halls?  Come guys support this type of event....it's only good for the state wrestling.

Thanks for doing this Ben, Max Nd John.
Big house"As part of my mental toughness routine ... I read the forum and try NOT to believe everything on here."

It's very strenuous! 

Opinions are not facts. Because two people differ in opinions doesn't make one of them wrong.

MHSfan

Graduation for a lot of schools that's where my kids and family will be

benaskren

Next year our plan is to get this on the official WWF schedule, move it into April/May and also add a kdis division(5th-8th grade).  Hopefully by moving it up out of June we will be able to attract more teams.

Ben
Ben Askren
Founder and Owner at AWA
askrenbros@gmail.com
www.awawisconsin.com

MHSfan

SEMRAD

benaskren

Hey Jeff thank for the off we have Platner a the head ref and I am not sure who else is coming with him.  Hopefully next year when we expand we will need more.
Ben Askren
Founder and Owner at AWA
askrenbros@gmail.com
www.awawisconsin.com

ksbird

Ben and other organizers,

I think it would be great to organize a couple "junior/Cadet"  teams for Wisconsin that maybe Askren, Owen, Dalie and Schmitz, and whoever else organize have wrestle offs or whatever and then Invite Minn, Ill, Iowa, Indiana, Ohio maybe to do the same and instead of trying to beg borrow and steal to get teams together in Wisconsin invite some of the clubs from outside the state that we do not dual anymore due to the change. It may be easier to get 8-10 teams heck do it two days and throw in Greco.

Todd

Quote from: benaskren on May 28, 2013, 09:16:56 AM
AWA has 2 teams
Higher Level
Advance
X Factor Elite

I was super disappointed we couldnt get 8 teams together, but 5 is a start.  Hopefully next year.

Ben, did you talk with Roger Quindell of City Kids Wrestling?  If not, I'll put it on the agenda for discussion.  Doesn't help for this year but maybe next. 
"This page intentionally left blank".

benaskren

Kevin who is begging, borrowing or stealing???  There are 15 clubs in the state, getting 8 teams should not be that difficult.  Both AWA teams are all AWA kids with the exception of one kid whose dad texted me this Tuesday and asked to be put on a team.  I thought we gave everyone lots of notice this year to get teams together. 

Next year we will do a better job of getting the word out earlier to all teams and move the event into April/May to make it easier for clubs to get participation.
Ben Askren
Founder and Owner at AWA
askrenbros@gmail.com
www.awawisconsin.com

Greco

For next year, I think Mid-May would be great. Northern Plains Juniors is usually right after our GR/FS state. Maybe the weekend after NP Juniors would work. Prior to state would take away for weekend individual tournaments. It would be nice to have more in state events to keep the kids going as they prepare for Nationals. Either way, thanks for putting this together!

Gutwrench

Quote from: benaskren on May 31, 2013, 11:45:09 AM
Kevin who is begging, borrowing or stealing???  There are 15 clubs in the state, getting 8 teams should not be that difficult.  Both AWA teams are all AWA kids with the exception of one kid whose dad texted me this Tuesday and asked to be put on a team.  I thought we gave everyone lots of notice this year to get teams together. 

Next year we will do a better job of getting the word out earlier to all teams and move the event into April/May to make it easier for clubs to get participation.

We all want the sport to take off in leaps and bounds in the State, but each attempt to grow the sport is a positive.  This event sounds like a great idea.  It brings the wrestlers together.  It creates some friendly competition between the club teams.  Ultimately is helps grow the sport overall. 

This year 5....next year 10!!

MantyWrestler

As one of the coaches from X-Factor  Elite, I would like thank Ben and all involved for making this a great day of wrestling. Their vision and hard work made this a smooth day and a lot of fun.

There were some top quality wrestlers out there and some great matches. I look forward to this continuing and having my son be a part of it again next year.

Jack Youngchild
Jack Youngchild
Manitowoc Lincoln

EIUwrestler1

Some great matches,  i am glad you took the time and effort to organize it. There are not enough freestyle opportunities for the kids.