How many injuries can this team sustain?

Started by Scourge, April 07, 2013, 03:36:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Scourge

Braun, Ramirez, Segura, Hart, Gamel....that's a good heart of the order for a playoff contending team that we're all missing within the first 6 games of the regular season. 

At least our pitching is making up for it!

Ghetto

I thought they could contend with all the parts in line.

I will still watch (watching now) but I am skeptical that they can contend with injuries.

At least they have 8 hits today.
As long as we are keeping score, I've got something to prove

boowrestle

Thats why there  are 182 games in a season,some of you are ready to jump ship already ???.
you can run but you cannot hide.

Ghetto

162, but its not the losses that bother me.

I know that you don't have a Braun type player backing up every position, but the serious lack of depth at any position but OF is scary to me. Couple that with Axfords lack of velocity, and questions in the back of the rotation don't show well in a division that is stronger than it was.
As long as we are keeping score, I've got something to prove

Scourge

Quote from: boowrestle on April 07, 2013, 04:00:26 PM
Thats why there  are 182 games in a season,some of you are ready to jump ship already ???.

I'm not "jumping," anything.  It was going to take just about everything lining up perfectly for this team to and that already started to come apart when Hart went down, then Gamel went down and we started out behind the 8 ball. 

Look at teams like St Louis and what they have in their farm system that they could call up?  The top pitcher/position player prospect combo in Shelby Miller and Oscar Tavaras, the Reds are loaded.  The Pirates have some arms in the minors that are just absolutely ridiculous and are going to be a lot better and that's not even starting to talk about the Braves, Nationals, Dodgers, Giants, Phillies.

I'm usually bullish about the Brewers, but I had them winning 75-78 games to start the season.  Lohse should help, but things are getting ugly quick...and if any of the injuries turn out to be serious we're in real trouble.

DrSnide

Looks like even the manager is injured now.   What is it about Wisconsin professional sports team in the injury bug? 
Learn the rules like a pro so you can break them like an artist - Pablo Picasso

Scourge

Quote from: DrSnide on April 09, 2013, 04:50:54 PM
Looks like even the manager is injured now.   What is it about Wisconsin professional sports team in the injury bug? 

Yeah, it is getting to be annoying...

The Packers 2 of the last 3 years have nearly set record for games missed by starters(I thought they did in 2010...at least since the merger).

The Bucks always have Illyasova, LRMB, or whoever out with some type of injury.

The Brewers were the only team that has been pretty healthy for the most part the last couple years.  I guess they're starting to get a little bit older as a team but man...even the freaking manager?