Pulaski invite 2019

Started by Whizzersoldman, January 22, 2019, 11:38:11 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

beswres00

I typically don't reply to people arguing about bad calls by refs..but the Coleman Hwt did have a firm hand full of bayports Hwts singlet..I was sitting on the side that could see it perfect..and even overheard many Coleman fans saying the same thing... about the out of bounds take down rule easy fix make it like college if there is room takes the grey area away from take downs on the line..

thequad

Interesting stuff for LC.

They went 7 and 0 against Coleman.

They had 6 guys in the finals, had 4 champions and lost 1 OT. Too bad they don't have better balance on their roster.

Guess I'm just bragging but I thought it was interesting!

I am now OLD enough to know how little I knew when I knew it ALL.

ramjet

Quote from: thequad on January 29, 2019, 12:06:38 PM

They had 6 guys in the finals, had 4 champions and lost 1 OT. Too bad they don't have better balance on their roster.

Yes they did but what were the team scores ?

DocWrestling

Team Scores
1   Coleman    250.0
2   Kaukauna    192.5
3   Luxemburg-Casco    190.0
4   Pulaski    142.0
5   Bay Port    138.5
6   Denmark    134.5
7   Elkhorn Area    110.0
8   Hortonville    107.0
9   West De Pere    105.0
10   Antigo    89.5
11   Oconto Falls    73.0
12   New London    49.0
13   Port Washington    32.5
14   Seymour    30.0
15   Peshtigo    12.0
Of Course, this is only my opinion and no one elses!

firemanscarry

Quote from: ramjet on January 29, 2019, 12:14:23 PM

Yes they did but what were the team scores ?

;D Scoreboard! Scoreboard!  8)
"If ya wanna be the man, ya gotta beat the man!"

wrastle63

And Coleman outplaced LC at 7 weights. At some weights Coleman was only 1-2 places behind LC like 120, 132, 152, 160, and 170.

firemanscarry

And that's part of the reason our sectional is such a beast. We also get Stratford who is perennially tough up and down the roster... and then those who always bring a few top guys like Edgar, Shiocton, Bonduel among others.

But it's really that Coleman/Stratford depth that makes it an accomplishment to get through that sectional and even more impressive if you're not "the other guy" that gets through in third.

ramjet

Quote from: firemanscarry on January 29, 2019, 02:05:01 PM
And that's part of the reason our sectional is such a beast. We also get Stratford who is perennially tough up and down the roster... and then those who always bring a few top guys like Edgar, Shiocton, Bonduel among others.

But it's really that Coleman/Stratford depth that makes it an accomplishment to get through that sectional and even more impressive if you're not "the other guy" that gets through in third.

I disagree almost every school in that sectional brings a beast. It looks that way to some from the NLC because the Regional that those teams regional is the weakest in the state. Kids get through that to find out the other regionals are the real deal. It's a great Sectional and tough because those kids that move on work hard to reach that accomplishment. Unlike the NLC regional who push kids through that really should not be there. Heck some kids got to that sectional only wrestling one or no matches at that regional. Of course that sectional looks tough.

LKing

and then there is that thing called the northeastern conference.... ;)

Lux Casco, Freedom, Wrightstown, Denmark, Oconto Falls, topped off this year with a nice Marinette team and Little Chute squad. 

thequad

I was not implying anything, I just thought it was interesting. I don't know what you guys thought I was trying to say!

Coleman is the better team, and KK is also.
I am now OLD enough to know how little I knew when I knew it ALL.

ctl

Quote from: LKing on January 30, 2019, 10:50:37 AM

Lux Casco, Freedom, Wrightstown, Denmark, Oconto Falls, topped off this year with a nice Marinette team and Little Chute squad. 
also add a very good Brillion squad

bigoil

Quote from: ctl on January 30, 2019, 03:59:12 PM

also add a very good Brillion squad
Not in the NE Conference. In the Valders Regional yes.

firemanscarry

L King: You're right to be proud of that conference and show your appreciation of it.

Way too often up in the NLC area we don't have very good dual meets. Often only a few matches wrestled. I appreciate how good you guys have it with such a strong conference and chances for the kids to wrestle strong opposition during the week as well as at the weekend tourneys. When I was in school there were usually three or four conference teams with full or nearly full rosters. We didn't have the kind of depth and quality those D2 schools in the Northeast have, but the competitive dual meet season really helped team cohesion. Even guys who weren't going deep in tourneys usually had once or twice a year where they wrestled "gotta have this one" matches. It made coming together as a team easier. Good coaching and parent support can still make that happen in any situation, but the Northeast and other strong conferences should enjoy how much that experience can mean for the kids.

FoldEmUp

Schwartz MFF his last match after getting pinned (presumably said injury contributed?) by Ian Laatsch from Appleton North at the Freedom Invitational on January 12th.  He hasn't wrestled since.  No idea on return date or what the injury was.  Just know he didn't wrestle against us and he wasn't on crutches and don't recall seeing a cast or anything.  So who knows.