Pulaski invite 2019

Started by Whizzersoldman, January 22, 2019, 11:38:11 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Armdrag

How many 4xer's have there been?

Nailbender

Another question....of the Teams that are attending this year's 50th Invite, which ones were at the very first one in 1969?

OddDuck

In 2005, Lux-Casco had 7 Pulaski champs. 

DocWrestling

If they have a special tournament program with past results, etc I would love to see it as a former competitor at this great tournament.  Hoping someone could grab one and maybe scan it in and share.  Some great memories I have but would love to jar a few more out of this old brain by looking at some past results.
Of Course, this is only my opinion and no one elses!

OddDuck

I think every year they have a program with all the past winners. Definitely stop in and get one, if you can.

OddDuck

Refs aren't  the greatest here.  Otherwise some excellent wrestling

ramjet

Looks like my prediction beat out NOPIN, some excellent wrestling today.

Also a possible sighting of the legend Tom McGarvie 😎.

Nice to see you Tom...

Nailbender

Quote from: OddDuck on January 26, 2019, 05:32:44 PM

Agreed!

statman

So what was wrong with the officiating
they don't call me statman for nothin

catzfan

A great tournament once again. Thank you, Pulaski.

The refs have an extremely difficult job. I thought they were very good. They are human, so there will be a mistake or two. I doubt anyone in the stands could do a better job. I've had some calls go against my boys from time to time. It's gonna happen. I tell them to get the score to where a questionable call doesn't affect the outcome.

imwi

Quote from: catzfan on January 28, 2019, 08:16:29 AM

The refs have an extremely difficult job. I thought they were very good. They are human, so there will be a mistake or two. I doubt anyone in the stands could do a better job. I've had some calls go against my boys from time to time. It's gonna happen. I tell them to get the score to where a questionable call doesn't affect the outcome.

You're nuts!!!  The fans are the best refs at every event, just ask them
;D ;D ;D ;D

1Iota

Quote from: catzfan on January 28, 2019, 08:16:29 AM

It's amazing how much better the reffing got when my own kids were done wrestling. 

Whizzersoldman

The Invite to polka town exceeded my expectations. I watched some impressive freshmen and many wrestlers who will be on the top
steps of the podium at Madison. There were some tight matches that make every call important. Did he get control before the buzzer or were they in bounds to get that take down? These calls need to be made in a fraction of a second with the crowd screaming. Don't 
you just love it. Overall I thought the refs did a great job. That is not always the case as I saw in Oshkosh Thursday night. I think the
ref got off to a bad start and it snowballed on him. It was not bias to one side, just was having a bad night. These guys are human
and this can happen. I like to think the refs see red and green and do the best job the can. So set back and enjoy and know when the
match is tight, anything can happen.

Spartan

Quote from: Nailbender on January 26, 2019, 11:09:31 PM

Agreed!
x

With the exception of two officials Zach Skarda and Hanson, every official at the tournament is a state official. I have had the pleasure of reffing the Pulaski invite, and from every aspect it is a quality event. While you form your opinions from the stands they apply the rules as impartially as possible. It is a long day and they make 98% of the calls correct.

It is a tough job and they are always looking for quality individuals to put themselves on the line and strengthen our numbers

OddDuck

There was a questionable call in the HWT final.... Coleman had a takedown with both of his feet and knees in the circle that was called off. Also then he was hit with a penalty point with 10 seconds left that decided the match. Brock had the Bay Port's guy leg and they went out of bounds... His finger tips may have accidently went underneath the guys singlet at the thigh while he was hanging on. That was it. I didn't agree with the call and it doesn't look like a great call.

I agree I am not a ref, but I know what a takedown looks like...