Nebraska, Jan 8th.. Friday, 7:00

Started by leg turk, December 31, 2015, 12:23:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

hammen

Quote from: Brett Favre on January 08, 2016, 09:43:06 PM
Hammen must be on vacation or I'm sure we would have heard the excuses already.

Watch the match old man?

sudden_victory

Two All Americans, a big dual meet win over UW Whitewater, Barry Davis contract extension.
Life is a bowl of cherries.

Musky Hunter

Quote from: Brett Favre on January 08, 2016, 09:43:06 PM
Hammen must be on vacation or I'm sure we would have heard the excuses already.

you have some kind of weird fetish with hammen.  kind of scary?  what does he have to do with how the badgers did tonight in a nebraska thread?

stp

Awesome seeing RT back.   What an attitude he has!  RT clearly didn't like the hands to the face going on, he decided to "one up" it with a straight slap to the Nebraska wrestlers cheek.  haha... ;D
From Milwaukee to St Paris.

stp

Quote from: hammen on January 08, 2016, 09:05:40 PM
Quote from: wrestlingshoes on January 08, 2016, 09:04:02 PM
Let's face the facts Wisconsin is not very good.....let me guess next year right? Other then a few weights most of our starters would be good practice partners at the top 5 D1 programs.....IMO

How would you know?

Results. 

RT and Zeke obviously make the line up at many of these schools.  The third Badger with a win against Nebraska was Ricky Robertson.   He does not make the starting line up at any of the top five ranked schools. 

1   Penn State-   Bo Nickal (ranked #1)
2   Oklahoma State- Kyle Crutchmer (ranked #6)
3       Iowa- Alex Meyer (ranked #8)
4   Ohio State-    (new starter- Myles Martin)
5   Missouri- Blaise Butler(ranked #4)
From Milwaukee to St Paris.

hammen

I guess it depends which rankings you look at and your opinion on how our guys would do at each weight. It's not a fact. We have quality guys in the line up outside of Zeke and RT.

Micah

Why was Montoya out?  Has he wrestled Taylor this year?

wrestlingshoes

As I said a "few" weights and I also said "IMO" which I have a right too, they should add UW Eau Claire next year so they can really get their confidence rolling. Barry needs to be gone doesn't know how to recruit and most of all can't make good wrestlers great you can bash me all ya want for saying it but sometimes the truth hurts....I'm sure he is a good guy and role model, but there is coaches out that have those qualities plus can make a program great.

Wisconsin Wrestling Fan

Quote from: stp on January 09, 2016, 01:27:20 AM
Quote from: hammen on January 08, 2016, 09:05:40 PM
Quote from: wrestlingshoes on January 08, 2016, 09:04:02 PM
Let's face the facts Wisconsin is not very good.....let me guess next year right? Other then a few weights most of our starters would be good practice partners at the top 5 D1 programs.....IMO

How would you know?

Results. 

RT and Zeke obviously make the line up at many of these schools.  The third Badger with a win against Nebraska was Ricky Robertson.   He does not make the starting line up at any of the top five ranked schools. 

1   Penn State-   Bo Nickal (ranked #1)
2   Oklahoma State- Kyle Crutchmer (ranked #6)
3       Iowa- Alex Meyer (ranked #8)
4   Ohio State-    (new starter- Myles Martin)
5   Missouri- Blaise Butler(ranked #4)

I predict Robertson beats Meyer at the dual on Friday. 
Kirk Nelson
Badger Wrestling Team 1983-1984
UW-Madison. BBA Degree. Marketing Major.
Fennimore High School http://rvwrestlingalum.com/Programs/1982_files/145.pdf

lizard king

My prediction was close..... Not too over optimistic.

littleguy301

Quote from: Micah on January 09, 2016, 07:46:03 AM
Why was Montoya out?  Has he wrestled Taylor this year?

You talking this past spring? Has Taylor had more than 1 match this season?
If life is tough,,,,wear a helmet

Micah

I was just wondering if Montoya was injured or dodging Taylor to prevent a loss and retain a seed?  In my opinion that was the match of the night and it didn't happen, wrestling needs these matches to be wrestled unless someone is injured or sick.