Please list the WI HS wrestling coaches....

Started by stp, September 07, 2015, 05:50:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Coach Lu

Not sure what connection Pernat has with the Milton program, but he was a Badger back in the day.

Here are some coaches who wrestled for UWL that are coaching in WI:

Troy Fabry (Wausau West) -- 2x All American
Ryan Allen (Iowa Grant) -- 4x All American , 3x National Champ
Jason Lulloff (Holmen) -- 4x All American
Corey Day (Boyceville) -- National Qualifier
Angelo LaRosa (Port Washington)
Jade Gribble (Burlington)
Jason Ott (Verona ?) -- 3x All-American, National Champ
Adam Sheley (Ellsworth) -- 3x All American, National Champ
Nick Patenaude (Menomonee Falls) -- All-American
Jeremy Miller (Arrowhead) -- 2x All American, National Champ
Nick Mueller (Random Lake)
Tim Winker (Beaver Dam)
Alex Dahl (La Crosse Central)
Lyle Blum (Onalaska)
Matt Morel (La Crosse Logan)

I am going off my memory and some of these guys may have accomplished more than what I am giving them credit for.  I may have even missed a guy or two,  but all of these names wrestled for UWL.  Also I watched a few of these guys handle Division 1 wrestlers in matches and place in Superior Division 1 tournaments.  UWL has had some Division 1 caliber wrestlers for years.

Also Jared Evans from Augsburg is now coaching in WI.  There are lots of coaches in WI with college wrestling backgrounds.

bulldog

Ben Englland (coaching at Kimberly) wrestled for UWSP

Birdy11

I think this is an outstanding post and some great responses.   I love the fact that guys that wrestled in college are giving back to the kids too because the sport has had a great impact on their lives.  I also like the idea that some folks mention people like Lewie Benitz and others as far as college and D1 level wrestling.   I do think that there is a difference between a successful college/high school wrestler  from coach(which most would say duh).

The reason I am saying this is because I have had the opportunity observe the progress of some of the wrestlers that he has coached and that is Tim Spray from WIsocnsin Rapids.   Tim was an accomplished wrestler but I feel like now he is even more of an accomplished coach.  If anyone has seen his sons Pat and Preston Spray, you will have noticed some of their technique is amazing.   I have seen Tim teach technique.  His ability to instruct the moves is not only advanced but  he has the ability to completely break down every movement in the process of executing the move.  Tim is an all around great guy and has really had a great hand in improving the Wisconsin Rapids wrestlers' technique.    

Guys with that kind of technique and the ability to teach it can be a HUGE asset to a wrestling program.

Just my thoughts.