BADGER LEGENDS CLUB

Started by WRTCSean, February 18, 2019, 02:15:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

WRTCSean

In just 3 days we have jumped up to 22 Legends Club Members! The next short term goal is 50. Can we do it?

Talk to your family, friends, co-workers, neighbors, youth club parents, high school athletes parents. We NEED everyone's support to accomplish the goals we have for wrestling here in Wisconsin!

The Jim Haines membership level starts at just $10/month (that's one meal at a fast food restaurant)!

mkm13

Wrestlers are starting to announce which RTC's they will be training at (a couple at Illinois RTC, Pantaleo at Cliff Keen WC).  I assume there is a good chance we will be adding an athlete or two in the next couple months?

ckwrestler

Quote from: Ghetto on March 03, 2019, 01:13:45 PM
Dear Wisconsin Wrestling Fans,

We can complain, cry, and whine about our team all day, and we do. We can hope that Coach Bono can make things happen with the current system. One would argue that he's already changed the direction of the program and the tide is turning. He, Reader, McDonough and Askren can't do it alone.

How many of us are giving to the BRTC? The one entity that has more freedom to bring in training partners, create opportunities for Wisconsin wrestlers to pursue greatness beyond their NCAA careers needs to be financially viable to win consistently.

The answer is 13. 13 people give to the BRTC monthly.

Dang.

Step up or shut up.

Thank you for posting this.  Just registered.  Hopefully more will follow.

Shawn Weigl
St Petersburg, FL 

Ghetto

Nice!

Glad that I've done something positive.

Let's go people! What are we going to do when we've got 100 people giving?

Win.

We are going to win. A lot.

When we get to 50, I'll double my donation.
As long as we are keeping score, I've got something to prove

bkraus

How many are we at now?  I have made my donation.
Strive for Perfection

bigoil

Quote from: bkraus on April 05, 2019, 01:11:50 PM
How many are we at now?  I have made my donation.
I just received a note that said we have 32 now....Not all donations are $10. Looking forward to Ghetto doubling his!

Ghetto

Ghetto

Is it a violation for the BRTC to set up a booth at the state tournament? Shirts, computer set up to allow people to donate, etc.?

Numbers

Quote from: Ghetto on April 05, 2019, 02:51:03 PM
Is it a violation for the BRTC to set up a booth at the state tournament? Shirts, computer set up to allow people to donate, etc.?
Even if the booth could not be at the Kohl Center.  Could BRTC find a large place on State Street between sessions and after Thursday and Friday night?  Sell BRTC gear at a local bar and grill and maybe have 10% of the food and beverage sales be donated back to the BRTC.  That could add up quickly.

thesweep

I think it is safe to say in Wisconsin that high school wrestling is far more popular than college.  I believe I could go up to a group of average high school wrestlers and their families and they would have no idea about the BRTC (or even regional training centers in general). I think they could garner much more support with exposure at the high school level whether its booths at the state tournament, or at multiple conference tournaments.

If there is some WIAA regulation against it, perhaps youth tournaments?  Maybe a short BRTC clinic at some of the biggest youth tournaments paired with a booth to sign up for monthly donations. Exposure is key.

TomM

Quote from: Numbers on April 05, 2019, 04:17:34 PM
Quote from: Ghetto on April 05, 2019, 02:51:03 PM
Even if the booth could not be at the Kohl Center.  Could BRTC find a large place on State Street between sessions and after Thursday and Friday night?  Sell BRTC gear at a local bar and grill and maybe have 10% of the food and beverage sales be donated back to the BRTC.  That could add up quickly.
Wandos
Seek excellence and truth instead of fame -John Prime
Courage is grace under pressure - Ernest Hemingway
Advocating "matside weigh-in" since 1997
"That's why they wrestle the matches"

WRTCSean

The Legends Club has passed 50 members! Can you help us get to our next milestone of 100 members donating monthly?

Become a Legend TODAY!!

https://www.wisconsinrtc.com/legends-club

Also, I believe Ghetto said once we hit 50 members, he would double his donation   ;D

Ghetto

Quote from: BRTCSean on November 04, 2019, 08:23:02 PM
The Legends Club has passed 50 members! Can you help us get to our next milestone of 100 members donating monthly?

Become a Legend TODAY!!

https://www.wisconsinrtc.com/legends-club

Also, I believe Ghetto said once we hit 50 members, he would double his donation   ;D

I'll do it tonight. Excited that the BRTC is in the future. 

stbird