Wisconsin State Freestyle Duals

Started by benaskren, May 11, 2013, 08:55:21 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ksbird

Guys and Girls, I apologize for not proof reading my post. No it was not a "drunk post" I actually tried to make several posts last night at between 1-4 am.two of them very long and I will try to repost as one was related to the Offical situation and the other a PM to Ben.  I am an accountant and up late working on year end, and i was just looking at old messages clearing my mind and obviously too tierd to be posting. This one in particular is a conversation Ben and I had several times years ago, when Wisconsin was no longer doing the national duals for good reason by the WWF but caused some concern by many. I thought it would be awesome to bring at least some sort of national duals back for the wisconsin teams. As I looked at several of the top 5 kids in the country at a multitide of weight classes recently, and like I tried to say, I did not do a lot of research, but it seems several of the top ranked kids that go on to compete in college may have not  competed at Fargo. So my comment , request and support, to Ben doing the duals in wisconsin and trying to bring in the top national folkstyle teams from PA, Ohio, and others I mentioned to compete against wisconsin's best. As Ben Stated in a different post, clearly explaining Max's envolvment of coaching at Fargo, that AWA had 14 of the 31 competing at Fargo Juniors freestyle, I believe was stated, it would be a natural fit, to have AWA vs the nation like Penn vs the nation, and get those top teams and athletes to compete at one location in Folkstyle, maybe use college rules or whatever they think is right, but I think it would be great for wisconsin kids, and great for wisconsin, and different then what is offered around the country and hopefully less expensive for many of the teams and individual families to see the best in the country wrestle. Ben is the best promoter to get this done. So I am not calling anyone out, I am just trying to revive the 5 year old conversation that I think would be great. If I am all alone, then that is fine, I was just trying to plant a seed. Someday when I retire I would do it if it is not done someplace else. UW Parkside woud be a great location. Great facility, close to Ohare and Milwuakee, with hotels and transportion from both airports. I would be willing to help facilitate either Transportation and or Hotels to the Kenosha area. Dennis Duchene, 3x all american and hall of fame member at UW Parkside, is the President of the  bureau of tourism in Kenosha and I think we could get some help from him and the staff there.

1Iota

I do not know either Kevin or Ben at all, but I do know that they are both tireless advocates for the sport of wrestling in Wisconsin.  Wrestling in Wisconsin is better for having both of them reside here & I hope they can resolve whatever differences they might have.  This is sport that now more than ever needs people who will champion it & intoduce it to the next generations. Let's put petty feuds behind us & grow the sport.