Coaching options...Thoughts?

Started by Cash, March 11, 2018, 10:41:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

wrastle63

Quote from: bigdawg on March 13, 2018, 02:36:17 PM
Quote from: bigG on March 13, 2018, 08:57:55 AM
I'm surprised nobody has brought Fader into the convo. He could be the wrestling version of Dick Bennett.
I am a little sad that you just compared Dick Bennett to Tim Fader.  Wow. To start it off, he is currently suing the UW school system.  There is also a 6 page document highlighting how he cheated and why he was fired from Whitewater.  This document does not mention one thing about rape.  Next, lets look at his teams results.  Eau Claire  just finished 45th at NCAAs and took 2nd to last in the WIAC.  Almost as bad as Donny Pritz finishing 11th in the Big Ten and we still want him.  Granted his biggest hammer did tear his bicep this year, but you have to overcome adversity.  I am still blown away that kids go to Eau Claire to wrestle with him actively searching for other jobs.  Has he ever stayed at a school for an extended period of time?  Personally, I think the Badgers can do a lot better then this guy.  The Badgers have been stuck in the mud for too long and it is time for them to take the next step, but he is not going to get them there.
Agreed at least Barry ran a good clean program with average to above average results. Mix in controversy involving Fader and lower results. YUCK!

silent_but_deadly

I'm surprised nobody has brought Fader into the convo. He could be the wrestling version of Dick Bennett.
I am a little sad that you just compared Dick Bennett to Tim Fader.  Wow. To start it off, he is currently suing the UW school system.  There is also a 6 page document highlighting how he cheated and why he was fired from Whitewater.  This document does not mention one thing about rape.  Next, lets look at his teams results.  Eau Claire  just finished 45th at NCAAs and took 2nd to last in the WIAC.  Almost as bad as Donny Pritz finishing 11th in the Big Ten and we still want him.  Granted his biggest hammer did tear his bicep this year, but you have to overcome adversity.  I am still blown away that kids go to Eau Claire to wrestle with him actively searching for other jobs.  Has he ever stayed at a school for an extended period of time?  Personally, I think the Badgers can do a lot better then this guy.  The Badgers have been stuck in the mud for too long and it is time for them to take the next step, but he is not going to get them there.

Cheated??? Didn't mention a rape??? You mean how one of his athletes was accused of sexual misconduct and Fader did the right thing and reported it to the police, instead of first going to the school administration and asking their permission to report a crime?  Sounds like an ethical guy to me.  Wasn't Whitewater doing great under his leadership?  You might not like the guy for one reason or another but he's a person that you can't question his morals or ethics.  I don't think he's right for the job but your post is pretty misleading.

bigoil

Quote from: silent_but_deadly on March 13, 2018, 02:47:41 PM
I am a little sad that you just compared Dick Bennett to Tim Fader.  Wow. To start it off, he is currently suing the UW school system.  There is also a 6 page document highlighting how he cheated and why he was fired from Whitewater.  This document does not mention one thing about rape.  Next, lets look at his teams results.  Eau Claire  just finished 45th at NCAAs and took 2nd to last in the WIAC.  Almost as bad as Donny Pritz finishing 11th in the Big Ten and we still want him.  Granted his biggest hammer did tear his bicep this year, but you have to overcome adversity.  I am still blown away that kids go to Eau Claire to wrestle with him actively searching for other jobs.  Has he ever stayed at a school for an extended period of time?  Personally, I think the Badgers can do a lot better then this guy.  The Badgers have been stuck in the mud for too long and it is time for them to take the next step, but he is not going to get them there.

Cheated??? Didn't mention a rape??? You mean how one of his athletes was accused of sexual misconduct and Fader did the right thing and reported it to the police, instead of first going to the school administration and asking their permission to report a crime?  Sounds like an ethical guy to me.  Wasn't Whitewater doing great under his leadership?  You might not like the guy for one reason or another but he's a person that you can't question his morals or ethics.  I don't think he's right for the job but your post is pretty misleading.

And for anyone that takes the WWF test, they say to go directly to authorities, not administration.

silent_but_deadly

Quote from: bigoil on March 13, 2018, 03:31:50 PM

And for anyone that takes the WWF test, they say to go directly to authorities, not administration.

Yes, but many school administrations (not just college) try to intervene in the process in an attempt to keep crime stats low on their campus.  Fader has a very good case against the school.

lizard king

Agreed, very unfair.  It is sad to say things about a guy unless you really know the facts.  I agree that Fader is best at D3, and to be a D1 coach you probably need to be a D1 athlete, possibly National champ, but saying these things about a very good coach is wrong.  Did you see what UWEC has done in the last 10 years?  If you follow the program you can see it is on it's way up.  Anyone near to it can easily tell you that.  Also I believe he turned down the Parkside job, which would be his most wanted job. (guessing)

bigG

Quote from: silent_but_deadly on March 13, 2018, 03:34:08 PM

Yes, but many school administrations (not just college) try to intervene in the process in an attempt to keep crime stats low on their campus.  Fader has a very good case against the school.

I was a Whitewater half fan when fader was there. (I graduated Parkside, so I have that bias.) Fader did nothing wrong; and I hope he wins. He was great at La Crosse and at Whitewater. Got scapegoated at Whitewater and should be granted some green for that action.
If I agreed with you we'd both be wrong.

stbird

You obviously know nothing about Tim Fader and how he developed programs at both LaCrosse and Whitewater.  As a Whitewater alum we were so lucky to get him after he developed Lacrosse into such a national powerhouse.  Whitewater was really down when he arrived and it took him about 6-8 years to develop Whitewater into the same national powerhouse he developed at Lacrosse.  I can tell you that he very actively developed relationships with alumni more than any coach I've ever seen.  His technique is top notch and his recruiting ability was off the hook.  Jordan Newman was one of his last recruits now a 2X national champ.  His charges were a total sham and the entire UWW administration responsible for removing him are now gone.  Try and know what the inappropriate term you are talking about before you try to knock down an excellent coach and person!  

stbird

The rape accusation, that later was found to have not occurred was against a recruit after all official school activities were completed.  Fader did the right thing reporting it and the administration, now all fired, fired Fader because UWW was already under investigation for downplaying sexual assault on campus.  The whole thing was ridiculous.

quote author=silent_but_deadly link=topic=52630.msg628720#msg628720 date=1520970461]

[/quote]

bkraus

Quote from: stbird on March 13, 2018, 06:35:59 PM
You obviously know nothing about Tim Fader and how he developed programs at both LaCrosse and Whitewater.  As a Whitewater alum we were so lucky to get him after he developed Lacrosse into such a national powerhouse.  Whitewater was really down when he arrived and it took him about 6-8 years to develop Whitewater into the same national powerhouse he developed at Lacrosse.  I can tell you that he very actively developed relationships with alumni more than any coach I've ever seen.  His technique is top notch and his recruiting ability was off the hook.  Jordan Newman was one of his last recruits now a 2X national champ.  His charges were a total sham and the entire UWW administration responsible for removing him are now gone.  Try and know what the inappropriate term you are talking about before you try to knock down an excellent coach and person!  

I couldn't agree more.  Coach Fader brought me back to UWW Wrestling as an alum, and I only wrestled there for two years.  I have maintained a friendly relationship with him and now follow UWEC.  They were in jeopardy of losing that program with 8-10 wrestlers before he got there.  Now he is getting solid recruits, has a 20+ man roster, great assistants.  Watch out for Eau Claire to become a player in the near, near future.  He is a great coach, and more importantly a great person.
Strive for Perfection

HULK

Fader has been looking for any way out of UWEC, didn't he interview for two different jobs last summer?

bigdawg

Alright men.  I apologize for this topic talking about the sexual allegations that happened at Whitewater.  I wanted to mention it to make a point that it was not one of the reasons why he  was fired.  So once again , I apologize for bringing that up.

With that being said, there were some suspicious things going on recruiting wise at Whitewater.  Ever wonder why Shane Seifert was not eligible his senior year?  Also, I do not for see him staying at UWEC very long judging by his job searching last summer. 

1Iota

Quote from: bigdawg on March 14, 2018, 11:20:10 AM
Alright men.  I apologize for this topic talking about the sexual allegations that happened at Whitewater.  I wanted to mention it to make a point that it was not one of the reasons why he  was fired.  So once again , I apologize for bringing that up.

With that being said, there were some suspicious things going on recruiting wise at Whitewater.  Ever wonder why Shane Seifert was not eligible his senior year?  Also, I do not for see him staying at UWEC very long judging by his job searching last summer. 

He was fired for one reason & one reason only.  After he was informed of allegations of rape directed at a recruit who was at WW on an official visit, he took this information to the Police.  The University (Athletic Department) felt this was a violation of their internal policy & fired him.  Now, in the aftermath, with a national discussion regarding campus rape, & much of that discussion concerning athletes including the highly publicized case against UW football recruit Dominic Cizauskas, UWW realized the public sentiment did not favor them.  That is why & when they created a whole new rational for terminating Fader.  Fader did what now is being written into most campus policies as the absolute appropriate action. 

bigG

Quote from: bigdawg on March 14, 2018, 11:20:10 AM

Sorry for bringing Fader(Vader) into this. But, it was that sort of move the took UW basketball from losers to competitive in a short amount of time. Just thought fader might be able to take a good team and make it excellent.

Don't know if he's the right man for Bucky; but he's served our state's college wrestlers better than any other coach I can remember (save for maybe Koch).

bigG

Legally, that would be the expected course of action for such an incident. You have knowledge of a crime possibly having been committed, you don't call your boss first. By God, you'd think it would be common sense. I only wish that the UW system could go after those admin. who made it happen. I'm sure they've long since retired or moved on by now.

bigG

I am a little sad that you just compared Dick Bennett to Tim Fader.  Wow. To start it off, he is currently suing the UW school system.  There is also a 6 page document highlighting how he cheated and why he was fired from Whitewater.  This document does not mention one thing about rape.  Next, lets look at his teams results.  Eau Claire  just finished 45th at NCAAs and took 2nd to last in the WIAC.  Almost as bad as Donny Pritz finishing 11th in the Big Ten and we still want him.  Granted his biggest hammer did tear his bicep this year, but you have to overcome adversity.  I am still blown away that kids go to Eau Claire to wrestle with him actively searching for other jobs.  Has he ever stayed at a school for an extended period of time?  Personally, I think the Badgers can do a lot better then this guy.  The Badgers have been stuck in the mud for too long and it is time for them to take the next step, but he is not going to get them there.

I'm real sad you wouldn't. SEE?! :'( He should be suing the UW system for hiring the dolts that handled his situation with neolithic incompetence. I would hope Bennett would do the same. Fader has been a true blessing to WI wrestling. Killed me when he left La Crosse. Best coach we ever had.

Why would he not actively search other jobs, like the UW job? He has the resume to make it on a much bigger stage. I'd put him on the same platform as Jim Koch; but not too many others have brought great college wrestling to WI as Tim Fader. Talk all the crap you want. The real loser was the person that canned him. Probably immune form their own stupidity right now, though. When the UW is shelling it out, the UWW admin. from that time should lose some $. You hear of a crime, you talk to the cops. You want a raise, you talk to your boss.

Badgers might be able to do better. Fader should be in the conversation, though. Did as well as Bennett, with TWO teams. Don't be sad, be happy.  ;D