Redshirts performances

Started by head57, January 20, 2015, 10:43:37 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

mlantz

Quote from: Street Glide on January 22, 2015, 04:47:59 PM
Quote from: mkm13 on January 20, 2015, 07:40:10 PM
Based on performances so far, I would say Ryan Christiansen is the only real likely starter next year out of the redshirts (at 174).  Christiansen had 2 losses earlier in the year (1 to Nick Becker), but dominated his last tournament including majoring a good Iowa recruit.  Stilling will likely push Christiansen at 174, as he has wrestled pretty well this year as well.  

Assuming this is Thielke's last year at UW, Rowh and Lantz will be battling Grahek for 141.  I would give Rowh a slight edge unless Lantz is able to get bigger over the next year.  

Scharenbrock has a few loses this year but might be in the mix at 157.  I would give Donar or a healthy Liegel an edge at this point.  

197 could be a weak weight next year.  Peissig appears to be the likely starter there next year, unless they decide to not redshirt Ritter.

Pretty fair analysis.  Christiansen is looking good.  I think both Lantz and Rowh have won 2 of 3 tournaments they've been at.  I believe Rowh beat Grahek in the finals in the last entered tournament.  Not sure what tournament Lantz placed 4th in, but did see he beat this Lewis kid 11/2 who was highly recruited. 

At UNI Open, Jens lost to Gasca of Mich State (ranked #10 at the time and has since been injured) and Synon of Missouri (who has been ranked in the top 20 this year). 

stbird

I saw that Christiansen and Scharanbrock tore up the competition at last weekends tournament and I believe Lantz won 8-0 in the finals.  Those 3 are looking really good!