Redshirts performances

Started by head57, January 20, 2015, 10:43:37 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

imnofish

Quote from: TomM on January 20, 2015, 01:29:25 PM
I washed mine with the whites and now everything is pink... aargh...  8)

Time for a tie dye camouflage application. 
None are so hopelessly enslaved, as those who falsely believe they are free. The truth has been kept from the depth of their minds by masters who rule them with lies. -Johann Von Goethe

Some days it's hardly worth chewing through the restraints!

littleguy301

Quote from: Musky Hunter on January 20, 2015, 10:45:50 PM
Quote from: jaguarwrestler on January 20, 2015, 05:18:54 PM
Quote from: Jimmy on January 20, 2015, 02:42:09 PM
Jens lantz = future stud at 141. Pounds

like in 3 years?

unless he really bulks up I think he will be a bit small next year... I remember those saying he was taking it to Taylor in the room... yeah, makes me laugh every time I think of it. I would guess he barely walks around at 141, to move up that far from HS in two years will take a lot of time in the weight room. I see him with a winning records in the next year or two but not approaching AA contention until Jr or Sr years. He will be a very quality wrestler to have in the program, but they could always recruit someone even better in the next year or two and who knows. That is the crazy thing about B1G wrestling, so many studs you may not make your own team.
[/quote

It is funny how RT has been beat up in practice by Lantz and Jimenez according to this board.  I really hope Lantz pans out.  Hard working kid for all I have read about him.  Best of luck to him!  I will be watching for sure. 

I think the big word in this sentence is "future" stud. Heck he isnt even through his reshirt year and still has 4 years to become a "stud" that I really hope he does.

being a 1 or 2 year AA in college is pretty good in my book. I know some that think if they dont AA in their first year it is a bad year but it is college and yes over the year many high school studs have not even made the roster so being an AA is pretty good for anyone!
If life is tough,,,,wear a helmet

jaguarwrestler

Quote from: NWIS1 on January 20, 2015, 07:42:20 PM
We had to put up with J. Lantz for four long years. Comparing Jens to JT makes me, once again, realize most of the Badger followers are ignorant. If you talk about hard work, dedication, determination, and a goal, only one fits that description and its the farm kid from Ellsworth.

Amazing he could still win Senior World Team title without those attributes
I am not in danger, I AM the danger!

Street Glide

Quote from: jaguarwrestler on January 21, 2015, 07:09:42 AM
Quote from: NWIS1 on January 20, 2015, 07:42:20 PM
We had to put up with J. Lantz for four long years. Comparing Jens to JT makes me, once again, realize most of the Badger followers are ignorant. If you talk about hard work, dedication, determination, and a goal, only one fits that description and its the farm kid from Ellsworth.

Amazing he could still win Senior World Team title without those attributes

Which makes it even more amazing he has little success with the Badgers.  Resting on laurels maybe?

aarons23

Sad how almost every thread has to turn into a JT bashing thread.....and it's the same couple of guys every time. ::) ::)
Big house"As part of my mental toughness routine ... I read the forum and try NOT to believe everything on here."

It's very strenuous! 

Opinions are not facts. Because two people differ in opinions doesn't make one of them wrong.

Street Glide

Just responding to what was posted with a opinion. 

nutters55

The vast majority of us are not in the wrestling room and have no idea who is working hard and who is injured.  Thielke has not lived up to the expectation of Badger wrestling fans, and we have no idea why.  I think the majority of us are frustrated with this because on and off the mat we really like this kid and want to see him succeed.  I see no reason why some have to bash Thielke and put him down because he is not living up to fan expectations.  I am sure he is even more frustrated with his situation than any of us could imagine.  I am sure he is sick of the pressure that has weighed on him for 6 plus years as the savior to Wisconsin wrestling.  I have no idea what Jesse should do with his wrestling career, so I simply won't speculate if he needs time off from the sport, or if he is injured, or if he can't get a handle on his weight.  

When looking at in state recruits, I think guys like Thielke, Derringer, and Breske have to take a long hard look at wrestling in state for the Badgers.  For some reason it seems like success comes a bit faster for kids like Derringer by going out of state.  It would stink if Breske decided to go out of state, but it might be a better situation for him in the long run.
failure to prepare, is preparing to fail....

Jimmy

I just looked quickly at the Badgers record book. Since 2000 they have had 21 different aa .   Only 6 have come from wi. Maybe the state as a whole is just behind the big gun states I.e. Pa. Iowa. Ohio ca. Etc. and the few exceptions like Dieringer would of excelled in madison right away .

aarons23

Quote from: Jimmy on January 21, 2015, 10:40:35 AM
I just looked quickly at the Badgers record book. Since 2000 they have had 21 different aa .   Only 6 have come from wi. Maybe the state as a whole is just behind the big gun states I.e. Pa. Iowa. Ohio ca. Etc. and the few exceptions like Dieringer would of excelled in madison right away .

I actually think Alex getting out of Wisconsin and wrestler under John Smith is a big reason he has had the success he has.  Could he have been successful at UW? Sure....but not to the level he is now. Plus the home town/state distractions could have easily played its toll on Alex here also.  Best situation for Alex is right where he is.
Big house"As part of my mental toughness routine ... I read the forum and try NOT to believe everything on here."

It's very strenuous! 

Opinions are not facts. Because two people differ in opinions doesn't make one of them wrong.

jaguarwrestler

Quote from: Jimmy on January 21, 2015, 10:40:35 AM

maybe it is not the state, but the recruits we get as since 2000 I can think of at least 8 or so WI wrestlers that AA for different schools... that makes at least 14 from the state and total AA's between them well over 20.
I am not in danger, I AM the danger!

shouldvewrestled

Will never get every recruit you want.  I'm sure some of the ones who went elsewhere were on the Badgers minds and maybe even had offers.  Other places could possibly offer more, the student might not want to go to WI and wants to go elsewhere.  In our area (the northwest) the Gophers are more well known and easier to follow than the Badgers.  Personally I would say we in WI are a little behind some of the states Jimmy mentioned.  Not to say different years we could compete more with them than others either, always cyclical. 

I just find it funny how some will stick up for one WI wrestler but at the same time not give really any credit to another WI wrestler.  JT comes to mind as he is a polarizing topic on this board.  Lantz seems to be one as well now.  I know Jens and want to see him succeed.  I do not know JT at all personally but still would like to see him succeed.  We all have our more hometown kids we follow more and probably get a little more emotional over in our thoughts.  Still they are both Badgers now.  We can state our opinions but overall I think everyone wants to see them succeed.  Let it play out and see how both do.  I do think Jens will surprise some on here in the next few years.  Hopefully JT surprises me and picks it up and AA's in the next few months. 

Big Steve

It seems like this topic surfaces at least once a year, we have had much discussion about the Wisconsin wrestlers that just didn't work out. Does that come back to Barry and his staff? Had those wrestlers already hit their ceiling in high school? In my opinion, I think they have developed wrestlers at a pace the same as most other schools. Look at Donar this year, he is having a really good season.
Jesse may have been better off taking the Dennis Hall route, he may have continued to develop as a Greco wrestler. I appreciate him for sticking with the UW when not many else did.
Only time will tell for many of these wrestlers. Then we can sit back and pick at the wrestlers that didn't have as much success under Barry and how they should have picked John Smith.

billymurphy

That same year WI had three superior division I recruits, Dieringer, Thielke, and Sueflohn.
The Badgers recruited Thielke and now want to see him succeed.
It is only natural that Thielke is the most talked about WI wrestler on this forum.
The best guys on the Badgers team are all out of state guys.
We all want WI to have a successful team, and we all want to see a
few guys from WI high schools excel for the Badgers.
We all know that Dieringer made the right decision to go to Oklahoma State and
we all know that we badly want to see Breske become a Badger.
We also all know that Barry Davis has never taken a native Wisconsin wrestler and
made him a national champion in his near 20 years of being the head coach for WI.
We all have high hopes that Thielke can turn it around and want to help him in
and way possible so that he can succeed.  I do not consider that bashing him.

head57

So, about the performances of those guys who took redshirts this year...
thats the bottom line
On Wisconsin!

gwmiller44

I really hope Breske will go out of state, I personally would love to see him go down to Okie State with Dieringer!
Really? Think, Wow!