Redshirts performances

Started by head57, January 20, 2015, 10:43:37 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

leg turk

If we lose Breske, that might be the end of my Barry supporting days.

wrestle03

I think aarons23 should be the next Badger coach....but I heard VMI is recruiting him to be there head assistant coach.

aarons23 if you think any of these posts, or any posts that I have made on this board are "bashing" then you need to put on your big boy pants.  Everyone is entitled to an opinion whether or not you like it or not.

aarons23

Quote from: wrestle03 on January 22, 2015, 12:23:48 PM
I think aarons23 should be the next Badger coach....but I heard VMI is recruiting him to be there head assistant coach.

aarons23 if you think any of these posts, or any posts that I have made on this board are "bashing" then you need to put on your big boy pants.  Everyone is entitled to an opinion whether or not you like it or not.

Really?  Should I start reposting your claims.  Maybe you need to have someone educate you on what bashing means.  Apparently your struggling with that. 
Big house"As part of my mental toughness routine ... I read the forum and try NOT to believe everything on here."

It's very strenuous! 

Opinions are not facts. Because two people differ in opinions doesn't make one of them wrong.

Street Glide

A question I have is when recruiting, a school as Wisconsin have a higher academic requirements.  In no way am I slighting student atheletes that don't score well enough.  It just is what it is.  But this has to limit Wisconsin wrestling IF these recruits do not meet enrollment criteria.  I have 2 sons attending Madison and am fully aware it is more difficult to get into Wisconsin than say OkSt, or Minn.  My guess even with Tudor assistance and summer school help some of our Wisconsin wrestlers recognize they wouldn't make it at Wisconsin.  It does come to what school is the best fit within the capabilities of the student atheletes.

Gutwrench

Quote from: head57 on January 22, 2015, 09:09:01 AM
So, about the performances of those guys who took redshirts this year...

:D

billymurphy

I have heard that Breske is an excellent student so there will be no problems there.

Naturally, every student athlete makes the choice that he feels is best.
If Wisconsin considers this a problem, you can imagine what Northwestern thinks.

leg turk

If he goes to Rutgers, I'll be convinced that Donny is a Saint.

MNbadger

http://collegeapps.about.com/od/sat/a/big-ten-sat-scores.htm

Street Glide, MN/WI are pretty comparable according to this for entrance requirements.  WI will have more applicants but to think there is a huge difference here between MN/WI is inaccurate.  

Here are the ACT comparisons.  Again, not much of a difference.

http://collegeapps.about.com/od/theact/a/big-ten-act-scores.htm
I would like to reach through the screen and slap the next person who starts a thread about "global warming." Wraslfan
"Obama thinks we should all be on welfare."  BigG
"MN will eventually go the way of Greece." Wraslfan

Street Glide

Quote from: MNbadger on January 22, 2015, 03:07:32 PM
http://collegeapps.about.com/od/sat/a/big-ten-sat-scores.htm

Street Glide, MN/WI are pretty comparable according to this for entrance requirements.  WI will have more applicants but to think there is a huge difference here between MN/WI is inaccurate.  

Here are the ACT comparisons.  Again, not much of a difference.

http://collegeapps.about.com/od/theact/a/big-ten-act-scores.htm

Never said there was a Huge difference, where did I say that?  But there is a difference for some student atheletes not to consider Wisconsin over Mn.  Looking at those comparisons as I have there still is definite difference between the schools.   What did you find out with OkSt?  Point being Wisconsin will not get considered as a school of choice due to enrollment criteria for some student  athletes.  From student athletes I know that go to OkSt, Mn, and Wiscomsin the ACT scores needed are OkSt 15, Mn 19, and Wi 22.   These are actual numbers minimally needed for the schools to work with you as told to me by athletes attending these schools.   Whether this is a huge difference, I'll leave that for individual opinion.  

Street Glide

Quote from: mkm13 on January 20, 2015, 07:40:10 PM
Based on performances so far, I would say Ryan Christiansen is the only real likely starter next year out of the redshirts (at 174).  Christiansen had 2 losses earlier in the year (1 to Nick Becker), but dominated his last tournament including majoring a good Iowa recruit.  Stilling will likely push Christiansen at 174, as he has wrestled pretty well this year as well.  

Assuming this is Thielke's last year at UW, Rowh and Lantz will be battling Grahek for 141.  I would give Rowh a slight edge unless Lantz is able to get bigger over the next year.  

Scharenbrock has a few loses this year but might be in the mix at 157.  I would give Donar or a healthy Liegel an edge at this point.  

197 could be a weak weight next year.  Peissig appears to be the likely starter there next year, unless they decide to not redshirt Ritter.

Pretty fair analysis.  Christiansen is looking good.  I think both Lantz and Rowh have won 2 of 3 tournaments they've been at.  I believe Rowh beat Grahek in the finals in the last entered tournament.  Not sure what tournament Lantz placed 4th in, but did see he beat this Lewis kid 11/2 who was highly recruited. 

Barou

So Barry has never had a wi national champion.  Since he has been HC wisconsin wrestlers have won 8 national titles by my count: Hartung 2, B Askren 2, Konrad 2, M Askren 1, and Dieringer 1 so far. Am I missing any? Out of those, guarantee all but maybe Dieringer would have been accepted at UW. Not sure if Barry made any offers to those NC's except for the 1/4 ride he offered B Askren.
JHI Mafia

npope

Quote from: Barou on January 22, 2015, 05:26:02 PM
So Barry has never had a wi national champion.  Since he has been HC wisconsin wrestlers have won 8 national titles by my count: Hartung 2, B Askren 2, Konrad 2, M Askren 1, and Dieringer 1 so far. Am I missing any? Out of those, guarantee all but maybe Dieringer would have been accepted at UW. Not sure if Barry made any offers to those NC's except for the 1/4 ride he offered B Askren.

Is that what he offered Askren? Interesting - if true. It would seem that either want him or not (he was of that caliber, and of that character). Why even waste everyone's time offering a 1/4 scholarship - he was going to get better offers elsewhere.
Merely having an opinion doesn't necessarily make it a good one

Nat Pope

Barou

Quote from: npope on January 22, 2015, 05:35:17 PM
Quote from: Barou on January 22, 2015, 05:26:02 PM

Is that what he offered Askren? Interesting - if true. It would seem that either want him or not (he was of that caliber, and of that character). Why even waste everyone's time offering a 1/4 scholarship - he was going to get better offers elsewhere.

Yes, that's straight from Askren. He offered Askren and Wunnicke to split a 1/2. When Askren went to Missouri Wunnicke got the full 1/2.
JHI Mafia

Jimmy

Being offered a quarter in state is proble like a half out of state

Ghetto

Ben will also tell you that Duke University didn't think he was good enough (actually athletic enough) to wrestle at their program. Yeah, Duke, the powerhouse that they were and are.

While we missed on Ben, recruiting is a long road. They then also missed on Max, Hucke, and likely Sueflohn. Sometimes you take a chance on a kid to start the pipeline.
As long as we are keeping score, I've got something to prove