Eddie Lacey

Started by boowrestle, August 17, 2013, 11:02:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

boowrestle

Lacey will be the starter week1,Starks might as welll start packing,i think they will try and trade Green.Packers will keep 4 runningbacks//Lacey,Harris,Franklin and Kuhn.I think overall the team looked pretty good against the rams,next weeks game should show alot as to where the team is at,Seahawks will be good test.
you can run but you cannot hide.

Drivingforce

Quote from: boowrestle on August 17, 2013, 11:02:35 PM
Lacey will be the starter week1,Starks might as welll start packing,i think they will try and trade Green.Packers will keep 4 runningbacks//Lacey,Harris,Franklin and Kuhn.I think overall the team looked pretty good against the rams,next weeks game should show alot as to where the team is at,Seahawks will be good test.
Eddie Lacy looked good. Oline still not giving much running room, he got most of it on his own. They just can't convert a 3rd and short on the ground- even with Lacy, lost 3 yards. Dline was tough against the run again but still very little pressure on the QB. Mulumba and Francois look better than Nick Perry, Moses too. It'd be nice if they could get some guys healthy, 15 didn't suit up this week. I thought Johnny Jolly played really well. Vince Young got robbed on the fade in the corner, the receiver looked in bounds- especially on the replay. Was wondering why McCarthy didn't challenge the call, should've been 6. Much better than last week all around.

bigoil

Quote from: boowrestle on August 17, 2013, 11:02:35 PM

They will keep more than 4 RB's!

Ghetto

The Journal/Sentinel beat writer wondered if they wouldn't cut Kuhn. They rarely use a FB and they are very excited about the new TE.

As long as we are keeping score, I've got something to prove

Drivingforce

Quote from: Ghetto on August 18, 2013, 11:43:30 AM
The Journal/Sentinel beat writer wondered if they wouldn't cut Kuhn. They rarely use a FB and they are very excited about the new TE.

Unfortunately the new TE got hurt yesterday. McCarthy had no news but said it was his arm, but when he left the field he was limping fairly significantly.

DrSnide

I think they consider Kuhn to be their best backfield pass protector.  I'm guessing they would keep Kuhn just for that role considering the OL concerns. 
Learn the rules like a pro so you can break them like an artist - Pablo Picasso

Drivingforce

Quote from: DrSnide on August 18, 2013, 01:49:42 PM

I think they consider Kuhn to be their best backfield pass protector.  I'm guessing they would keep Kuhn just for that role considering the OL concerns. 
Major concerns on the OL. I read an article today that said Packers w/ Lacy have the best offense in the league- when healthy. The scout who was quoted(anonymously of course) said that despite all the skill position talent they have may not be able to over come the terrible offensive line they have. He was quoted as saying Rodgers will have to do all short passing game because he'll never have time otherwise. I know howavi, you think they're great. Fact of the matter is the OL sucks. Should've paid Scott Wells because EDS is a sieve, TJ Lang- sieve, Newhouse is a train wreck after a decent rookie year but last year he rated out as #32 of the 32 starting LT's in the league. Yeah they moved him to the right side and he's been worse so far. Can't run the ball at all, the only hope is Rodgers' health.

littleguy301

I agree Force with your statement.

All good teams it starts with the line and on offensive I think the line is average at best.

Sitton is solid to great.
EDS is average but I dont mind him starting for now.
Rookie LT from Colorado will have growing pains but I think he could be good/solid but time will tell.
Barclay,,,I like his nasty tude he brings but can he be a starter, remains to be seen.
Lang,,,,never have really like the guy but he can play some different spots and TT likes that.
Newhouse,,,,,bench!

I wish that TT would pay alittle more attention to the OL. I think it has been overlooked for some time but what do I know, I am an asphalt guy.
If life is tough,,,,wear a helmet

Drivingforce

Quote from: littleguy301 on August 18, 2013, 07:33:16 PM
I agree Force with your statement.

All good teams it starts with the line and on offensive I think the line is average at best.

Sitton is solid to great.
EDS is average but I dont mind him starting for now.
Rookie LT from Colorado will have growing pains but I think he could be good/solid but time will tell.
Barclay,,,I like his nasty tude he brings but can he be a starter, remains to be seen.
Lang,,,,never have really like the guy but he can play some different spots and TT likes that.
Newhouse,,,,,bench!

I wish that TT would pay alittle more attention to the OL. I think it has been overlooked for some time but what do I know, I am an asphalt guy.
Sitton, Ok to solid- but not great, Bakhtiari, rookie- but all indications are he can play. So far, solid to above average in pass pro but gets pushed around in the run game. EDS is a back up at best, wouldn't make most teams. Agree on Barclay, looks like he's got the attitude and skill set but is he a guard or a tackle? Seem's he can't play center. Lang, not good(and he's gettin paid so we're stuck), get's tossed around in pass and run. He get's bullied in one on one match ups consistantly. Newhouse, what happened?? 2 years ago he looked like the answer and now he looks like a guy who has no business in the league. Depth is thin at best. I have doubts that the number one from 2 years ago, Derek Sherrod, will ever play again. He would've/ could've changed the whole line. In limited time, he showed the athletic ability to play LT. Ironically, on the play he got hurt, he was 15 yards down field. Right now, the Pack doesn't have an Olineman capable of running 15 yards. I hope it get's better, love the Pack. We have the best QB in the league but he's been running for his life for the last 3 years. How many more hits can he take?

bigoil

Quote from: Drivingforce on August 18, 2013, 05:22:50 PM

Major concerns on the OL. I read an article today that said Packers w/ Lacy have the best offense in the league- when healthy. The scout who was quoted(anonymously of course) said that despite all the skill position talent they have may not be able to over come the terrible offensive line they have. He was quoted as saying Rodgers will have to do all short passing game because he'll never have time otherwise. I know howavi, you think they're great. Fact of the matter is the OL sucks. Should've paid Scott Wells because EDS is a sieve, TJ Lang- sieve, Newhouse is a train wreck after a decent rookie year but last year he rated out as #32 of the 32 starting LT's in the league. Yeah they moved him to the right side and he's been worse so far. Can't run the ball at all, the only hope is Rodgers' health.

There were nice holes last night, can only look at the first Q. This o line has played together 25 snaps. Lacy bowled over a few and made nice cuts but that is what every back does that is successful. Getting them the hole has been lacking for several years. Again, I'm not enamored with them but I see positive signs that the combinations are going to work. Lang and Sitton are both good guards and will get after it on the run block. EDS sucked at guard, he's a center and that is a different animal. Getting out to the L. Or doubling the DT. 25 snaps isn't even a half that they have played so got early to be high or down on them.

I'm more concerned by our secondary. I know tw isn't out there and that is a huge cog but wow, they are making avg qbs look awesome.

Drivingforce

Quote from: howavi on August 18, 2013, 09:11:46 PM
Quote from: Drivingforce on August 18, 2013, 05:22:50 PM

There were nice holes last night, can only look at the first Q. This o line has played together 25 snaps. Lacy bowled over a few and made nice cuts but that is what every back does that is successful. Getting them the hole has been lacking for several years. Again, I'm not enamored with them but I see positive signs that the combinations are going to work. Lang and Sitton are both good guards and will get after it on the run block. EDS sucked at guard, he's a center and that is a different animal. Getting out to the L. Or doubling the DT. 25 snaps isn't even a half that they have played so got early to be high or down on them.

I'm more concerned by our secondary. I know tw isn't out there and that is a huge cog but wow, they are making avg qbs look awesome.
That's beacause there's NO pass rush. No 2ndary will be effective when a QB has literally all day to throw. Any QB good enough to make the NFL will kill a Dbackfield when they have all day to throw. Dline and linebackers are the problem...too slow and no reactions. Looks like Nick Perry may be a bust- hope I'm wrong but...Missing Casey Hayward and Tramon Williams doesn't help. I think the secondary could be great. Raji has shown nothing the last season or so, Pickett is old and the new guys are offering nada right now.

Still don't like Lang, like I said, he consistantly just get's tossed around and Newhouse looks like he's lost his desire to play. I like Bakhtiari and Barclay has shown some ability but EDS get's overwhelmed and Sitton is overrated.

Do you think Sherrod will ever play? if he can't it's another wasted first for TT. I know, you can't blame the injury on him but wow- another bust.

bigoil

I think Sherrod will play but I'm not sure at what level, wasn't sold on him coming out. We see busts by TT because we obviously follow this team probably five times more than any other. GBP is as good and consistent as they are because of him.

Drivingforce

Quote from: howavi on August 18, 2013, 10:24:03 PM
I think Sherrod will play but I'm not sure at what level, wasn't sold on him coming out. We see busts by TT because we obviously follow this team probably five times more than any other. GBP is as good and consistent as they are because of him.
TT's done a great job but other that AR and Matthews he's missed on almost all of his firsts. Raji, too inconsistent to be considered a success- disappears for weeks at a time, I guess we'll see with Datone Jones, certainly looks the part but get's hurt 3 plays into the first preseason game. Where TT has had alot of success is the mid to later rounds. I hope Sherrod can play but I think this injury he had was far worse than anyone thought- and they thought it was bad. We're going on almost 2 years of no field time though and he's still not ready, that ain't good.

maggie

as we all seen Sat, it took an old bull to show the young ones how's it's done in the NFL, Jolly played just like he is expected to all season, as for our young stud DE, I questions that call then and I still do, I still believe we would have been better off team wise, had we taken Fredericks with our first pick and I believe his performance has proven just that, or as long as TT decided to use a 1st round pick on a DE that can really rush the QB, he should have taken Damontre Moore from Texas A&M,  he's BY FAR  the most explosive DE that came out in that draft...BUT, I still like the young man from UCLA, just don't believe I would have used a 1st round pick on him...now, Don't get me going on this TT thing again!  :)
--------------------------------------
and a joint was a bad place to be.
        stupid quotes from friends
"" I Trust Fox News more than any other source""--FAN
  ""I am sorry i called you a genius'"'-HOUND
"" Teachers brought this on all by themselves, plain and simple-RAMMY