WIAA

Started by crossface21, January 11, 2016, 01:42:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

imnofish

Quote from: DocWrestling on January 20, 2016, 09:30:06 AM
Quote from: imnofish on January 20, 2016, 09:23:56 AM
I find it deplorable that sports media and sports fans eagerly expend more energy complaining and fighting over this than they are apparently willing to devote to supporting schools, students, athletes, etc.  Apparently, it's all about US...   :P

I think all of society is a bit tired of all the things they can no longer do that were not at all issues in the past.  And all this with no true identification of what the problem is or how this solves it?

If we ban all these cheers, are the student-athletes of today somehow going to be much better off than all of us that competed in the 70's, 80's, and 90's?  There was not a problem here?  Why does it need a solution?

Were it not for overblown media coverage of minutia, would we even be talking about this?  If this wasn't on the radar screen, how many of us would have been devoting the same levels of time and energy to promoting and supporting school athletics/education?  These are intended as rhetorical questions that I hope will generate some soul searching by every reader of this forum.  Arguing about the potential answers we might find through such a process would just be counterproductive, IMO.  It is not my intent to create further division among us, but please just think about the questions I've raised.
None are so hopelessly enslaved, as those who falsely believe they are free. The truth has been kept from the depth of their minds by masters who rule them with lies. -Johann Von Goethe

Some days it's hardly worth chewing through the restraints!

woody53

As anyone taken the time to contact your AD, your District Administrator? Maybe go to the WIAA Website. Find out who your District Representative is on the Advisory Council. Maybe the Sportsmanship Committee? There are 14 pages here of frustration, speculation and assumptions. Maybe go look for some answers through the channels available. You might be surprised.
Fast cars, drag race. Fast Drivers, Road Race!

bigG

That's no fun!!  :) Good to hear from ya, Woody.
If I agreed with you we'd both be wrong.

woody53

Quote from: bigG on January 20, 2016, 12:13:38 PM
Always good to hear from you G. Let me know if you would like something signed by my boss. ;)

Dale Einerson

Quote from: woody53 on January 20, 2016, 12:15:11 PM
Always good to hear from you G. Let me know if you would like something signed by my boss. ;)

And just, pray tell, is a note from your wife gonna help this situation?

bigG

Quote from: ramjet on January 20, 2016, 08:31:04 AM
Quote from: MNbadger on January 20, 2016, 07:34:45 AM
I get it.  Adults want to be able to yell negative cheers at adolescents.  I don't claim that the cheers will kill anyone.  I find them to be improper and choose to cheer FOR my team, not against another.  If you are honest with yourself you know why you yell "airball" and things like it. 
Your battle with the WIAA (an organization your school chooses to belong to) will likely never end.
I never really wanted to get into that part really.  I was pointing out the statement about the educational purpose of sport.
As far as being able to admit when I am wrong I do.  I simply am not wrong here.  I will say you are projecting though.

Here is your participation  CHAMPS trophy.......🏆  :)

MarkK

Quote from: bigG on January 20, 2016, 02:31:29 PM
I get it.  Adults want to be able to yell negative cheers at adolescents.  I don't claim that the cheers will kill anyone.  I find them to be improper and choose to cheer FOR my team, not against another.  If you are honest with yourself you know why you yell "airball" and things like it. 
Your battle with the WIAA (an organization your school chooses to belong to) will likely never end.
I never really wanted to get into that part really.  I was pointing out the statement about the educational purpose of sport.
As far as being able to admit when I am wrong I do.  I simply am not wrong here.  I will say you are projecting though.

Now the participants feel pretty bad about themselves that you've changed your trophy.    :o
We are all born ignorant, but one must work hard to remain stupid. Benjamin Franklin

woody53

Quote from: Dale Einerson on January 20, 2016, 01:08:25 PM
That's no fun!!  :) Good to hear from ya, Woody.

Oh, we do not want to get her involved. I am free to run the tournaments for two weekends and do not want to lose that. ;)

ramjet

Quote from: bigG on January 20, 2016, 02:31:29 PM

😄 🍻

Grappler

you guys are really still talking about this?? Dont be a jerk at high school events.problem solved

woody53

Quote from: Grappler on January 20, 2016, 04:20:10 PM
you guys are really still talking about this?? Dont be a jerk at high school events.problem solved
I promise you I am not a jerk at a High School Events. Although they're are many who think I am because of... Well... I work with the WIAA !

imnofish

Quote from: Dale Einerson on January 20, 2016, 01:08:25 PM

;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D
None are so hopelessly enslaved, as those who falsely believe they are free. The truth has been kept from the depth of their minds by masters who rule them with lies. -Johann Von Goethe

Some days it's hardly worth chewing through the restraints!

wraslfan

Quote from: MNbadger on January 20, 2016, 06:29:56 AM
I am not backing off at all from any statement.  You can manipulate it in your own mind to suit yourself of course.
You are dependable though..... as always you come through with the personal attacks that have no bearing on the debate.
Thanks for the tech assistance but I don't prefer the long succession of quote boxes so I'll keep doing what I am doing in that regard.
I never asked (or expected) you to back off your statement. I am not manipulating my mind either (another futile attempt at an insult), I deal in reality, you live in some academic elitist make believe world... 
I am as dependable as you are. You (arrogantly) pointed out my spelling error, (completely irrelevant to the conversation) you and I both know that you meant for it to be insulting. (I've never seen you correct any of your lefty buddies spelling errors.) I really don't mind either, I promise I would have taken the opportunity with you as well. As for the tech advice, you can still delete what you want excluded from the quote to avoid the long succession of quote boxes. 

wraslfan

Quote from: imnofish on January 20, 2016, 10:21:59 AM
Were it not for overblown media coverage of minutia, would we even be talking about this?  If this wasn't on the radar screen, how many of us would have been devoting the same levels of time and energy to promoting and supporting school athletics/education?  These are intended as rhetorical questions that I hope will generate some soul searching by every reader of this forum.  Arguing about the potential answers we might find through such a process would just be counterproductive, IMO.  It is not my intent to create further division among us, but please just think about the questions I've raised.
[/quote]
I understand what you are saying, it's just that this crossed the line for many...people are really tired of this kind of thing. As for fans cheering / supporting their schools sports teams, I'm sure this didn't hurt anything because it didn't go anywhere. Nothing was changed. It may have brought some forgotten cheers back in vogue though.  As MarkK might have been eluding to, you might here "USA, USA" at a few more gyms than you did before.  ;D   

bigG

Quote from: Grappler on January 20, 2016, 04:20:10 PM

I'm with you, pal. Keep it positive; support your team. Easy as that.