Tough kid, tough loss.

Started by coconut joe, October 04, 2016, 11:18:10 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

stp

Quote from: wrestle03 on October 07, 2016, 04:28:53 PM

Heck, there are 3 and 4 time state champs that haven't done nothing at the Division 1 level.  

So, does that mean they've done something?
From Milwaukee to St Paris.

jw52

Quote from: Barou on October 07, 2016, 07:32:04 AM
Quote from: jw52 on October 06, 2016, 08:36:59 PM
Quote from: Barou on October 06, 2016, 08:17:28 PM
Quote from: jw52 on October 06, 2016, 08:11:06 PM
Great coaches don't cover up when their athletes commit felonies.

Which coaches did that?

http://www.startribune.com/j-robinson-fired-by-university-of-minnesota-after-30-years-as-wrestling-coach/392637101/

Where's the plural coming coming from?  Reads like only one coach to me.  A coach that could be argued fell on the sword and cost himself his job out of loyalty to his athletes. 

I am sure the assistant coaches had no knowledge about anything going on.....
On a totally unrelated note, is there a sarcasm emoji?

wrestle03

Every single person wrestling at the D1 level has a "high ceiling".  As we've seen before, some just cant shake it.  I wont go into details of the recent 3 and 4 time WI state champs who didn't cut the mustard at the D1 level.  Ill be cheering for NDSU......what they have done the past couple of years is something Barry and crew should take a look at.

Ivan Stankowski

Quote from: wrestle03 on October 12, 2016, 08:10:16 AM
Every single person wrestling at the D1 level has a "high ceiling".  As we've seen before, some just cant shake it.  I wont go into details of the recent 3 and 4 time WI state champs who didn't cut the mustard at the D1 level.  Ill be cheering for NDSU......what they have done the past couple of years is something Barry and crew should take a look at.

What is the definition of "Cutting the mustard"

Jimmy

wrestle03

"Cutting the mustard" = Being more than a below average Big 10 wrestler. 
Remember the 4 time state champ that someone on this forum guaranteed would be a 4 time National Champ?  Yea, he certainly didn't cut the mustard.

stbird

Man, I can't wait to finally start seeing some actual wrestling results!  I know they have only been practicing for 3 days now, but what the heck!  It's ok to dream!

Ivan Stankowski

Quote from: wrestle03 on October 13, 2016, 08:01:07 AM
"Cutting the mustard" = Being more than a below average Big 10 wrestler. 
Remember the 4 time state champ that someone on this forum guaranteed would be a 4 time National Champ?  Yea, he certainly didn't cut the mustard.

so in many classes you can a less then 50% win % and still qualify for the NCAA tournament but that does not "cut the Mustard"?

dman

Man...being an Olympian and still not thought of as "cutting the mustard"?!?!   ::)

billymurphy

I can think of 5 greco studs that came to Wisconsin but none of them worked out.