Tough kid, tough loss.

Started by coconut joe, October 04, 2016, 11:18:10 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

coconut joe

http://intermatwrestle.com/articles/16854

My sources tell me this kid is real tough and a big loss for the badgers.   :'(

leg turk

Barou

It's a loss.  He picked a top of the line program though so good for him.

Doubt the badger staff or the fan base are too concerned.  Kyle Lawson decommitting was a major blow and it was barely a blip on the radar so wouldn't assume the program is too worried about it.  Changing job titles to the coaching staff was bigger news than the Lawson decommittment. 
JHI Mafia

mkm13

UW needs scholarship money for a heavyweight in this cycle.  With the other commitments we have (Konrath and Bahr), I am not sure how much scholarship money they were able to offer him.

Losing Lawson was certainly not good, but hope we can use the scholarship money on an elite heavyweight.

Per the article, North Dakota State now has 3 top 100 recruits in one class.  That tells you the level of talent we need to be getting to compete against a program like North Dakota State, let alone the top big 10 teams. 

mkm13

Maybe they decided they were going to spend the scholarship money they had available on Devin Bahr instead of him?  We will see how it all plays out, but I think a healthy Devin Bahr has a lot of college potential as well.

Drop Step

Quote from: Barou on October 04, 2016, 12:38:44 PM

Doubt the badger staff or the fan base are too concerned.  Kyle Lawson decommitting was a major blow and it was barely a blip on the radar so wouldn't assume the program is too worried about it.  Changing job titles to the coaching staff was bigger news than the Lawson decommittment. 

Do you really think the Coaching staff does not care?
There are a lot of details that the coaches cannot comment on. They will not comment on a recruits academic, financial or family situations. So, if you think the fact that they do not have a press conference on a recruit decommitting, I'm sure it's not that they not care!

woody53

How is this a loss for the UW? As far as I have seen there has been no confirmed interest either way. Is it a gain for NDS? You bet. How is every State Wrestler that does not go to the UW considered a loss all the time?
Fast cars, drag race. Fast Drivers, Road Race!

Ivan Stankowski

Not all Wisconsin kids want to wrestle at the UW, it is not a bad thing it is just a thing, get over it, Congrats to this young man, good luck!!

Barou

Quote from: Drop Step on October 04, 2016, 01:05:36 PM
Quote from: Barou on October 04, 2016, 12:38:44 PM

Do you really think the Coaching staff does not care?
There are a lot of details that the coaches cannot comment on. They will not comment on a recruits academic, financial or family situations. So, if you think the fact that they do not have a press conference on a recruit decommitting, I'm sure it's not that they not care!

Didn't BD make a statement regarding Dieringer? Honest question, I thought it was reported that BD made a statement that Dieringer couldn't qualify academically and that people close to Dieringer refuted that statement.  I stand corrected if my recollection is wrong.  If it's right then they HAVE commented on a recruits academics.
JHI Mafia

Barou

Quote from: woody53 on October 04, 2016, 01:09:14 PM
How is this a loss for the UW? As far as I have seen there has been no confirmed interest either way. Is it a gain for NDS? You bet. How is every State Wrestler that does not go to the UW considered a loss all the time?

I certainly don't believe that every state wrestler that doesn't go to UW is considered a loss (if that comment was directed at me).
JHI Mafia

woody53

Quote from: Barou on October 04, 2016, 01:23:15 PM
Quote from: woody53 on October 04, 2016, 01:09:14 PM

I certainly don't believe that every state wrestler that doesn't go to UW is considered a loss (if that comment was directed at me).
Wasn't directed at you. The title of the thread stated. it. I am just happy to see Wisconsin High School Wrestlers going to the next level. I just have never felt it is a loss for the UW if a recruit goes somewhere else.
Fast cars, drag race. Fast Drivers, Road Race!

Drop Step

BD doesn't have anything to do with who is academically eligible to be accepted into WI!

dad 2 5

It could have been as silly or simple as missing a foreign language or core that is not the standard at OSU, It shows the UW standard so high that it hurts every sport or maybe it helps them depending on how you look at things. AD was certainly a loss but we did gain Zeke and I'm ok with that. I don;t think we would have had both.

npope

Did we ever really "lose" AD? I mean, who ever said that he was going to the UW to begin with? Given the kid's accomplishments, he could have written his ticket anywhere.
Merely having an opinion doesn't necessarily make it a good one

Nat Pope

MarkK

If a kid wants to attend another University and they fit their future and plans, good for them.  No one lost them, they made an informed decision.  There are not enough scholarships to keep everyone.   Good for the kid who chooses to make his/her own way.   Tough loss... not unless they wanted to come here and there was no way to make it happen.   Good luck to them.
We are all born ignorant, but one must work hard to remain stupid. Benjamin Franklin