2013/2014 schedule released

Started by Hungus, July 01, 2013, 08:30:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jaguarwrestler

I think Thielke will be a smaller 141 but the dude is still a beast... how many word team members on Iowa's team?
I am not in danger, I AM the danger!

leg turk

Quote from: jaguarwrestler on July 04, 2013, 10:13:59 AM
I think Thielke will be a smaller 141 but the dude is still a beast... how many word team members on Iowa's team?

In Greco?  I don't know.

hammen

They do have 1 Junior World Team member in Thomas Gilman, although he may not even be in the line-up next year as Clark appears to be the frontrunner for the 125 spot.

billymurphy

Samuel Brooks from the University of Iowa made the junior world team at 84K.  Ramos was on a prior Junior world team.  However, your exact question was how many "WORD" team members on Iowa's team?  That I cannot answer.  I do agree that Thielke may very well be on the small side at 141.  Howe and Jordan Oliver were on the junior world team and Dieringer is on his second.

hammen

I don't believe Jesse is on the small side of 141.

billymurphy

His stats from last year showed success at either weight.  2012-13: Redshirt season ... 10-3 record at 133 and 141 lbs., in open tournaments ... won the Pointer Open at 133 lbs., with a 3-0 record ... finished sixth at 133 lbs., at the Midlands Championships with a 3-3 record ... won the Flash Flanagan Open at 141 lbs., with a 4-0 record. 

The announcer for the finals to make the world team said Thielke is "ultra" talented.  That's an accurate statement.

boowrestle

Goodgod,I will change it for you,he willl not go a full match with Theilke and a tech is not out of the question.
you can run but you cannot hide.

hammen

I'd be happy with any sort of decision over Dwieza. He looked tough at this past big ten's at 149. I'd say a pin in more likely than a major or tech.