2015-16 projected lineup

Started by BuckyMatRat, May 13, 2015, 07:01:47 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

stp

Curious if anyone knowledgeable in Madison will share info on Stickley wrestling Rowh/Grahek?  I'm an admitted homer and would enjoy seeing stick' start ASAP.  If a Freshman is best, don't RS.
From Milwaukee to St Paris.

jaguarwrestler

Quote from: stp on October 28, 2015, 11:18:56 AM
Curious if anyone knowledgeable in Madison will share info on Stickley wrestling Rowh/Grahek?  I'm an admitted homer and would enjoy seeing stick' start ASAP.  If a Freshman is best, don't RS.

imo you only start a true freshman if the kid is good enough, if they only plan on being in college 4 years and they help the team placement at the end of the year. Otherwise let the kid develop a year, get used to D1 wrestling, get use to going to college and being away from home. This will likely make him that much better in years to come. The Badgers will not be a better team with him starting... well I mean it won't change their end of season results... so why take a year from him... and what happens when Taylor comes back and maybe Lantz is the best 141, then you really took a year from him.
I am not in danger, I AM the danger!

billymurphy

So if you were to learn that Ritter beat Peissig by a score of 8-3 in a wrestle off,
do you put Ritter on varsity or let Peissig wrestle varsity this year and
redshirt Ritter?
I would still support the argument for redshirting Ritter.
However, my opinion changes if Ritter says he badly wants to wrestle this year.

NYWRESTLER94

Thielke should be returning next season correct? If Stickly is the best option for the year why not put him in and redshirt him when thielke comes back next season

Pheasant 1984

Quote from: billymurphy on October 28, 2015, 01:36:17 PM
So if you were to learn that Ritter beat Peissig by a score of 8-3 in a wrestle off,
redshirt Ritter?
So did he beat Erik?
You are only as good as you practice! Practice like a champion to become a champion!

billymurphy

Purely hypothetical example.
I am waiting for the results for when they do.

Musky Hunter

I have "heard" that Mr. Stickley is one of the hardest workers in the room.  He will redshirt and go wherever RT don't next year. 

aarons23

Quote from: Musky Hunter on October 28, 2015, 08:43:15 PM
I have "heard" that Mr. Stickley is one of the hardest workers in the room.  He will redshirt and go wherever RT don't next year. 

Theres a couple other guys in the room that will have something to say about that.
Big house"As part of my mental toughness routine ... I read the forum and try NOT to believe everything on here."

It's very strenuous! 

Opinions are not facts. Because two people differ in opinions doesn't make one of them wrong.

Musky Hunter

Quote from: aarons23 on October 28, 2015, 08:52:05 PM
Quote from: Musky Hunter on October 28, 2015, 08:43:15 PM

Theres a couple other guys in the room that will have something to say about that.

which is awesome!!!

jaguarwrestler

Quote from: billymurphy on October 28, 2015, 01:36:17 PM
redshirt Ritter?

as I said if the wrestler is good with it then I can see it, but otherwise no. I'm sure plenty of teams have redshirt that are better than current starters, just because you can beat the current starter doesn't exactly make you a quality D1 starter. I mean say your starter goes 8-20 on the year and the RS could go 13-15... not really worth pulling the RS. If our team was strong except for 1 weight and at that weight we could improve by taking a true freshman out of RS then it is the proper decision. If your team is a middle of the pack team, then it only makes sense to allow that young man to have a season to adjust and get even better for the next 4 years.
I am not in danger, I AM the danger!