d1 state champ predictions

Started by statman, January 19, 2015, 06:31:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

wrestle84

I am really surprised no one picked Schultz from Holmen at 106. Has he lost any matches since before Bi-State?

AmerysFinest

I feel 20 will be smith 26 will be folley and 32 will be bird

AmerysFinest

If Kraus wrestles at 45 he will have a great shot

dozer

Quote from: 1Iota on February 09, 2015, 03:32:38 PM
Quote from: dozer on February 09, 2015, 02:23:40 PM
Quote from: Kodonnelllaw on February 09, 2015, 02:13:55 PM
Quote from: dozer on February 09, 2015, 01:13:20 PM
106 Brady Koontz
113 Dylan Koontz
120 ?
126 Acosta
132 Arneson
138 Lee
145 Ziolkowski
152 Fritz Scheirl
160 Gundrum
170 Reinhardt
182 Breske
195 Stokke
220 Thompson
285 Micolichek

Dozer: Please tell me you are related to the Koontz boys. I will concede that they are great young wrestlers. I will not diminish their skills. I just think that Szohr at 106 is the guy to beat and does not exhibit a history of failing to rise to the occassion.

BTW: Is Breske going 182? He was at 170 for Cheesehead

Honestly I'm not sure about Breske.  I've heard both 182 and 170.. I was just taking a stab at it.

As far as the Koontz boy's go, I am not related, but I did witness Brady put the boots to Szohr this season in a very tight match that was decided by the ref in one of the weirdest calls I've seen.  Brady just simply out worked him.  Both great wrestlers and I am looking forward to seeing a re-match if it happens.  YES I am a tad bias

Breske wrestled at 170 for conference & looked comfortable, so I would imagine he will be at 170.  There seems to be a bias towards the Northern kids with these picks.  I will take Bird at 132, Shea at 120.  Somewhat familiar with the Koontz brothers at the youth level.  Often came down a bit & had a size advantage that they won't have against Furseth, Ratkovek & Lee at 113 or Shulist or Peak at 106.  

That's funny 1iota!! The Koontz boys never came down in youth. In fact they weighed in with clothes on a lot of the time. Let it go already!!!! You've been hanging onto this for several years now! They've never had a size advantage and never have cut. 
"I prefer dangerous freedom over peaceful slavery" ~ Thomas Jefferson

1Iota

Quote from: dozer on February 09, 2015, 05:48:10 PM
106 Brady Koontz
113 Dylan Koontz
120 ?
126 Acosta
132 Arneson
138 Lee
145 Ziolkowski
152 Fritz Scheirl
160 Gundrum
170 Reinhardt
182 Breske
195 Stokke
220 Thompson
285 Micolichek

Dozer: Please tell me you are related to the Koontz boys. I will concede that they are great young wrestlers. I will not diminish their skills. I just think that Szohr at 106 is the guy to beat and does not exhibit a history of failing to rise to the occassion.

Honestly I'm not sure about Breske.  I've heard both 182 and 170.. I was just taking a stab at it.

As far as the Koontz boy's go, I am not related, but I did witness Brady put the boots to Szohr this season in a very tight match that was decided by the ref in one of the weirdest calls I've seen.  Brady just simply out worked him.  Both great wrestlers and I am looking forward to seeing a re-match if it happens.  YES I am a tad bias

Breske wrestled at 170 for conference & looked comfortable, so I would imagine he will be at 170.  There seems to be a bias towards the Northern kids with these picks.  I will take Bird at 132, Shea at 120.  Somewhat familiar with the Koontz brothers at the youth level.  Often came down a bit & had a size advantage that they won't have against Furseth, Ratkovek & Lee at 113 or Shulist or Peak at 106.  

That's funny 1iota!! The Koontz boys never came down in youth. In fact they weighed in with clothes on a lot of the time. Let it go already!!!! You've been hanging onto this for several years now! They've never had a size advantage and never have cut. 

Both good wrestlers, not in any way trying to take anything away from them.  I simply think the wrestlers I sited are stronger at this stage. 

j546

Quote from: 1Iota on February 09, 2015, 06:27:45 PM
Quote from: dozer on February 09, 2015, 05:48:10 PM
106 Brady Koontz
113 Dylan Koontz
120 ?
126 Acosta
132 Arneson
138 Lee
145 Ziolkowski
152 Fritz Scheirl
160 Gundrum
170 Reinhardt
182 Breske
195 Stokke
220 Thompson
285 Micolichek

Both good wrestlers, not in any way trying to take anything away from them.  I simply think the wrestlers I sited are stronger at this stage. 

Then why didn't you say that? Because what you actually said was as youth wrestlers they "often came down a bit and had a size advantage". Anyone that knows the Koontzes, know those boys have never..."come down a bit". Their parents have been trying to pack weight on them for years because they knew they had to get them big enough for high school. They have never cut weight.

And now this thread returns to its originally intended purpose. If I had to pick 106, Zack Szohr has been dominant all year. The other weight classes there are several people who are in the hunt. I am just hoping Breske and Reinhardt are both at 170 and on opposite sides of the bracket.

Hand Control

Quote from: Tews19 on February 09, 2015, 04:32:57 PM
Schulist  wrestled one of the Koontz boys earlier this year. Aaron wrestled up a weight won the match. He also wrestled Tanner before.. I think the score was 12 or 14-0.... He will be tough to beat at state. Then again Szohr is a stud too. 106 will be a bracket where anyone of the top 10 could win it. Grab some popcorn and enjoy the show!
Tews19  Here's a little history lesson about Tanner and Aaron they have wrested 9 times and there has been some one sided matches and there has been some out right gut checking wars. Either way when they wrestle next time the best wrestler on that day will win and both of these young men are battle tested.I just thought to bring up one match as an example was pretty weak,just saying.I also thought I read somewhere in a different thread that 106 will be weak and there's nobody there. I don't think that someone did their homework before posting that,as there will be good 106 lbers not even wrestling in Madison.My money is going to be on the short kid.But you have to make it there first and I can only hope the kid make it to the big dance.Best of luck to everyone.

maggie

i seemed to have overlooked a possible front runner, the young Louis from Stoughton, after looking at where his only losses can from this yr, one has to assume he will be standing on that podium come the state meet...his loss at the cheesehead to Leon in the Semi's was a real close match as he was winning going into the 3rd 5-6 but couldn't stop that firemans of Leon's,  but he did come real close 3 time to getting back points...he may have lost 6 matches this yr, but they all came at the hands of top notch wrestlers and ever match was real close, i know 2 of his other losses came at the hands of Milton's Shea, 1 to a #1 ranked wis wrestler Bianci, 1 to a top ranked AZ wrestler and 1 to a top ranked kid from Ill....so that puts in in good company.... i have to say that Stoughton's Kraus will also be there in the end...very tough hard nosed kid..
--------------------------------------
and a joint was a bad place to be.
        stupid quotes from friends
"" I Trust Fox News more than any other source""--FAN
  ""I am sorry i called you a genius'"'-HOUND
"" Teachers brought this on all by themselves, plain and simple-RAMMY

Crush55

Maggie I believe you are overlooking a lot of 120 pounders.

maggie

I very well may be....but will stick to my picks...how about you?
--------------------------------------
and a joint was a bad place to be.
        stupid quotes from friends
"" I Trust Fox News more than any other source""--FAN
  ""I am sorry i called you a genius'"'-HOUND
"" Teachers brought this on all by themselves, plain and simple-RAMMY

Crush55

I feel Spray is good enough to win that weight.

EIUwrestler1

Here are a few kids that I think skinfolded for 120, so possible kids at that weight

Trent Leon cheese head runner up
Patrick Spray 2nd @113
Zach Smith 2nd and a 3rd in state
Nolan Shea 106 lb state champ
Hasselberger 2nd in state
Nathan Smith 3rd
Andrew Mcintosh 5th
Jaden VanMaanen 3rd

Is there a deeper weight class?

Coach Ryan

106- Szohr
113- Furseth
120- VanMannen (sp)?
126- Folley
132-Arneson
138-Lee
145-Smith
152-Ziolkowski
160- Krattiger (upset pick)
170-Breske
182- Van Lannen
195- Stokke
220- Thompson
285- Micolichek

Crush55

Then again that is only my opinion and  EIU is correct very wide open weight.

Dale Einerson

Quote from: Coach Ryan on February 10, 2015, 11:24:34 AM
106- Szohr
113- Furseth
120- VanMannen (sp)?
126- Folley
132-Arneson
138-Lee
145-Smith
152-Ziolkowski
160- Krattiger (upset pick)
170-Breske
182- Van Lannen
195- Stokke
220- Thompson
285- Micolichek

Ziolkowski is at 145, as of Conference...