d1 state champ predictions

Started by statman, January 19, 2015, 06:31:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

wrestling135

Quote from: padre on February 06, 2015, 11:10:25 AM
In no way will Breske "coast" against Mason.  This will be a great match.  While not a huge weight difference I believe Breske weighed in at 182(didn't weigh the full 182) and Mason bumped to him at the duals.  This will be an extremely close match and I could see it going Mason's way on the right day.

Neither are intimidated by the other...that is for sure.  I applaud Mason for accepting the challenge if he stays at the weight and would in no way lose sleep if he decided for some reason to change the weight but I don't see that happening.

Taking nothing away from Mason, because he is an outstanding wrestler, I just cannot seeing Breske  losing to anyone in Wisconsin.  Mason wrestled a great match. But when it comes to close matches and Beau Breske the odds are too slim. His freshmen year for example, OTW he defeated returning state champ Travis Smith. In the second round of state he upset Travis Hettinga.  Both being overtime matches.

All in all the guys fundamentals are just through the room. He just doesn't make mistakes.

AmerysFinest

Breske is just that good man that kid is tough as nails and as for Leon I don't see him making that cut, especially since hasselberger is down there also he's big at 32 I doubt healed that cut and furseth is one of my fav wrestlers to watch lol

statman

106 szohr
113 furseth
120 van maanen
126 acosta
132 bird
138 lee
145 ziolkowske
152 schmid
160 massie
170 breske
182 waddell
195 stokke
220 ingold
285 micholichek

my updated picks
they don't call me statman for nothin

pin2win

106: Benji Peak Elkhorn (Dark horse pick)
113: Tyus White West Allis
120: Patrick Spray Rapids
126: Hasselberger Stoughton
132: Josh Bird Burlington
138: Robert Lee Kaukauna
145: Ziolkowski DC Everest
152: Fritz Schierl Stevens Point
160: Oscar Ramos Kenosha Bradford
170: Reinhardt Merrill
182: Breske
195: Mason Stokke Menomonie
220: Alec Ingold Bay Port
285: Hunter Toppel Deforest

ElectricGuy

Benji is a heck of a wrestler, but might not even finish in the top 3 in his regional with Klien, Scharenbrock  and then you add Shea into the sectional. 
We live in the era of smart phones and stupid people.

The Last Ride

Quote from: pin2win on February 08, 2015, 11:14:45 AM
106: Benji Peak Elkhorn (Dark horse pick)
113: Tyus White West Allis
120: Patrick Spray Rapids
126: Hasselberger Stoughton
132: Josh Bird Burlington
138: Robert Lee Kaukauna
145: Ziolkowski DC Everest
152: Fritz Schierl Stevens Point
160: Oscar Ramos Kenosha Bradford
195: Mason Stokke Menomonie
220: Alec Ingold Bay Port
285: Hunter Toppel Deforest

Or reversed........
"Do or do not. There is no try."

– Yoda

statman

i know they have already wrestled but i sure hope mason and beau don't run from each other. that might just be the wrestling fan in me but i would love to see that match in the state finals

The Last Ride

Quote from: statman on February 08, 2015, 01:49:33 PM
i know they have already wrestled but i sure hope mason and beau don't run from each other. that might just be the wrestling fan in me but i would love to see that match in the state finals

Mason has finished 5th, 3rd and 2nd. It is not about running from each other.. They both don't have to run from each other, or anyone for that matter.  But they both could be standing on top of the podium in Madison.. and they both could win either 170 or 182..

Not guaranteed to see that match in the finals depending where the end up in the brackets (Not seeded).. If they are at the same weight they could see each other in the early.
"Do or do not. There is no try."

– Yoda

maggie

well, the way the Shea's is wrestling right now at "20" I don't see anybody beating him, all tho i must say the young smith from Port and white from WAC may certainly have a say in it all and Milton's 182 lb'er Wileman is also looking darn good, one thing i know for sure, his single leg is almost unstoppable at this point as the 4th ranked wrestler from Reedsburg found out last night, you get a big tough, strong kid like that who possess that kind of a single leg and you have trouble, another notables in the area besides Craigs Furseth has to be Parkers Siener, the kids still undefeated i believe and has turned some heads from a once dominating team, also the young Shea from milton and peak from Elkhorn can not be ruled out, nor would i rule out any of the Stoughton kids at 06,13,26 and 32...bottom line is, there is a lot of wrestling to go and the ones who are wrestling there best in 3 weeks have the best shot at winning...and yes, ya better toss in that you man Fojser...he looks like he's on a mission and has improved a lot in the last 8 weeks..
--------------------------------------
and a joint was a bad place to be.
        stupid quotes from friends
"" I Trust Fox News more than any other source""--FAN
  ""I am sorry i called you a genius'"'-HOUND
"" Teachers brought this on all by themselves, plain and simple-RAMMY

Pheasant 1984

Quote from: The Last Ride on February 08, 2015, 02:29:50 PM

Mason has finished 5th, 3rd and 2nd. It is not about running from each other.. They both don't have to run from each other, or anyone for that matter.  But they both could be standing on top of the podium in Madison.. and they both could win either 170 or 182..

Not guaranteed to see that match in the finals depending where the end up in the brackets (Not seeded).. If they are at the same weight they could see each other in the early.

Josh Wadell will be a contender to either one of them.
You are only as good as you practice! Practice like a champion to become a champion!

Han Solo

Quote from: Pheasant 1984 on February 08, 2015, 03:31:48 PM
Quote from: The Last Ride on February 08, 2015, 02:29:50 PM

Josh Wadell will be a contender to either one of them.

Wadell is a great wrestler!  However, I don't think he stands a chance against either kid.  They are at another level completely.  It wouldn't be close IMO.
Never tell me the odds!

statman

I am well aware of how good mason is. But the fact is they r both at 170 and have been most of the year. For one of them to bump up to 182... Well what would you call it. Even if one of them does go up... Good luck to them. They both r good enough to win titles in a lot of other states. But looking at it from a fans perspective. We have a chance to watch 2 of the nations best battle it out for a state title and I think most would agree with me in saying they would love to see it. No disrespect intended

Han Solo

Quote from: statman on February 08, 2015, 04:24:48 PM
I am well aware of how good mason is. But the fact is they r both at 170 and have been most of the year. For one of them to bump up to 182... Well what would you call it. Even if one of them does go up... Good luck to them. They both r good enough to win titles in a lot of other states. But looking at it from a fans perspective. We have a chance to watch 2 of the nations best battle it out for a state title and I think most would agree with me in saying they would love to see it. No disrespect intended

Yeah I (selfishly) would love to see this too! But, can't blame a kid for going somewhere he can win a state title.
Never tell me the odds!

Pheasant 1984

I think it was 7-4 Reinhart over Wadell last year. And Wadell had him on his back. He's a beast this year. Only lost to one guy this year!
You are only as good as you practice! Practice like a champion to become a champion!

Crush55

Here are mine

106 Szhor
113 Furseth
120 Spray
126 Acosta
132 Arneson
138 Lee
145 Ziolkowski
152 Benitz
160 Gundrum
170 Reinhardt