Matside weigh-ins; read info before voting

Started by Handles II, March 15, 2016, 06:43:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Are you in favor of matside weigh ins? (not that it matters, it's just a forum poll and has no meaning)

yes
20 (22%)
no
71 (78%)

Total Members Voted: 87

Voting closed: March 21, 2016, 06:43:45 PM

Wrestlologist

Quote from: bulldog on March 18, 2016, 03:31:37 PM
Throw everyone in a ring...anyone over the top rope is eliminated and last man standing is the victor.

Some posts make me snort the coffee out my nose...
Always do what is right ... God doesn't grade on a curve.

bulldog

Quote from: Wrestlologist on March 18, 2016, 05:43:26 PM
Quote from: bulldog on March 18, 2016, 03:31:37 PM
Throw everyone in a ring...anyone over the top rope is eliminated and last man standing is the victor.

Some posts make me snort the coffee out my nose...

;D ;D ;D ;D :D :D

Milton

Anyone who thinks matside weight-ins are a good idea has obviously never cut weight or had their life revolve around wrestling. What happened to making sacrifices to be on top? Do you honestly think the most successful wrestlers like Cael, Burroughs, Smith, Gable, etc. ever cared about cutting weight? I can almost guarantee they didn't. They were/are tough and were/are willing to do what they needed/need to do in order to accomplish their goals. If you can't wrap your head around that, then you won't ever be able to work as hard as they, or wrestlers like them have. Kids need to stop being babied and given ways of getting the easy way out. Wrestling is a unique sport in that wrestlers pride themselves on their sacrifice, hard work, and toughness. That's what separates us from competitors in other sports. If you want to ruin high school wrestling, then yes, go ahead and support matside weigh-ins. If you care about wrestling and what it entails, then you probably feel the same way as I do about this. Rant over.