WIAA

Started by crossface21, January 11, 2016, 01:42:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MarkK

I was there Maggie and remember it well.  Lots of history has been rewritten
We are all born ignorant, but one must work hard to remain stupid. Benjamin Franklin

Wrestlologist

At a wrestling meet tonight - when the announcer said that a team was forfeiting a weight, a few people in the stands started chanting "Air Ball, Air Ball".  The whole crowd started laughing and many joined in.  Way to poke fun at the WIAA.
Always do what is right ... God doesn't grade on a curve.

imnofish

Quote from: ramjet on January 14, 2016, 08:06:55 AM
I am thinking this is getting blown WAY OUT OF PROPORTION,

The WIAA simply sent out a reminder about sportsmanship and frankly reasonable behavior. Each School Diatrict has the responsibility to enforce rules in thier house. Most Districts do good job of this. Let's not get carried away on this. The original issue social media and total disrespect and vulgar language just brought to the surface a real issue that being social media. The WIAA does not have the authority to circumvent the 1st Amendment of the Consistution nor are they trying too. They just want to remind everyone that using vulgar language in a chant etc is poor behavior and poor sportsmanship. It not like they have 1000 special agents to enforce some unenforceable edict.

Calm down its just a memo.

Our society is SOOOOOOO overprotective it's just obscene.

Good post, Ram.  I agree with you about this whole thing being overblown.  Never knew you were such a hippie, though.   ;D
None are so hopelessly enslaved, as those who falsely believe they are free. The truth has been kept from the depth of their minds by masters who rule them with lies. -Johann Von Goethe

Some days it's hardly worth chewing through the restraints!

littleguy301

Quote from: imnofish on January 14, 2016, 10:39:12 PM
Quote from: ramjet on January 14, 2016, 08:06:55 AM
I am thinking this is getting blown WAY OUT OF PROPORTION,

The WIAA simply sent out a reminder about sportsmanship and frankly reasonable behavior. Each School Diatrict has the responsibility to enforce rules in thier house. Most Districts do good job of this. Let's not get carried away on this. The original issue social media and total disrespect and vulgar language just brought to the surface a real issue that being social media. The WIAA does not have the authority to circumvent the 1st Amendment of the Consistution nor are they trying too. They just want to remind everyone that using vulgar language in a chant etc is poor behavior and poor sportsmanship. It not like they have 1000 special agents to enforce some unenforceable edict.

Calm down its just a memo.

Our society is SOOOOOOO overprotective it's just obscene.

Good post, Ram.  I agree with you about this whole thing being overblown.  Never knew you were such a hippie, though.   ;D

hippie ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

I agree with that. I also do think that some do think the WIAA as "godlike" in some of their stances which in turn leads to some issues like this.

I have not been happy with the WIAA but being an adult I show more restrain but I have to admit that I may have felt like saying that at one time or another.
If life is tough,,,,wear a helmet

MarkK

Quote from: The Angry Fish on January 14, 2016, 07:39:55 PM
Quote from: maggie on January 14, 2016, 07:04:54 PM
i was up there talking to Friend Mark, after talking to him and wishing him good luck, i left and went and sat on the lower bleachers with my Bro,The young Crass Boys, The Milton AD and of course our Biggest Student Fan, our Football playing West Point Appointee Pete Bier, who Happen to be Dangling a Noose on a stick Wrapped around a puppets neck.. :o...the AD tried desperately to grab the darn thing from him, but he just wasn't tough enough!. :D and was rushed off by security and tossed out!...i think that's what happen anyways.. :o

A puppet? Like one of those creepy ventriloquist dummy's? What the heck?

Not exactly a stellar example of sportsmanshiip.  Needless to say they didn't win the sportsmanship award that year.  But no letter went out either about the inappropriate uses of puppets.  Air Doll Air Doll
We are all born ignorant, but one must work hard to remain stupid. Benjamin Franklin

maggie

... :o Oh, but we did Fish... :)  NO, it was not very sportsman like Mark, however, it was Funny as heck and all in fun and nobody got hurt...the WIAA has Portrayed our states kids as JETS/PHIL Fans for some reason and that's just not right, even Skip Bayless mentioned them on ESPN's First Take sports talk show, even he was upset about it ... :o
--------------------------------------
and a joint was a bad place to be.
        stupid quotes from friends
"" I Trust Fox News more than any other source""--FAN
  ""I am sorry i called you a genius'"'-HOUND
"" Teachers brought this on all by themselves, plain and simple-RAMMY

MarkK

Maggie may be bombastic but he is not wrong here.  Milton did beat rapids in a great battle.  All won by unsung heroes.  The highlight was watching Josh Wagner bump up to wrestle trite.  A battle of state champs.  Wagner lost but it was great.  Win or lose that match Milton had already secured the win.  Coach Benitez was not happy with Bob Johnson with that decision.  It was electric.   The dummy incident should not be any part of the focus because that match was great.  Maggie is right but he did stay on the Rapids side longer than he admits.  Truth is I think he actually does have friends over there.  Maybe. 

ramjet

Quote from: Wrestlologist on January 14, 2016, 10:30:02 PM
At a wrestling meet tonight - when the announcer said that a team was forfeiting a weight, a few people in the stands started chanting "Air Ball, Air Ball".  The whole crowd started laughing and many joined in.  Way to poke fun at the WIAA.

That's hilarious and exactly why this is no big deal. Nice little display of civil disobedience.

maggie

I did have a friend over there, I believe he was the owner of a Joint i used to frequent while working up there, maybe the old Body-shop? Boons? the Buck Rub or maybe Ida's, not really sure of what Est, but he was a nice guy and like to talk wrestling.....then the WR Fans became rabid towards me!...so i simply left and went on my way to join the fun!.. ;)...the rest is as we say, History!... :)

bigG

I like 'em better than clowns and mimes. But, I feel ya, those dummies freak me out. Eeesh!

Good post, Rocky!

It is stimulating to feel that level of hate. Then, it's nice to leave.
If I agreed with you we'd both be wrong.

maggie

Wisconsin Wrestling Fan

I propose a new cheer - the WIAA Bronx Cheer

W-I-A-A  (Clap-Clap-Clap,Clap,Clap)

Apparently they want to promote themselves, so we can all help everytime we do not like the ref's call.
Kirk Nelson
Badger Wrestling Team 1983-1984
UW-Madison. BBA Degree. Marketing Major.
Fennimore High School http://rvwrestlingalum.com/Programs/1982_files/145.pdf

imnofish

Quote from: MarkK on January 11, 2016, 04:28:21 PM
obviously the pen is much mightier than (pick your poison).   Saying the king has no clothes is dangerous.

Tweeting pics of it might be problematic, though.
None are so hopelessly enslaved, as those who falsely believe they are free. The truth has been kept from the depth of their minds by masters who rule them with lies. -Johann Von Goethe

imnofish

Quote from: The Angry Fish on January 15, 2016, 07:11:31 AM
Quote from: MarkK on January 15, 2016, 06:45:26 AM
i was up there talking to Friend Mark, after talking to him and wishing him good luck, i left and went and sat on the lower bleachers with my Bro,The young Crass Boys, The Milton AD and of course our Biggest Student Fan, our Football playing West Point Appointee Pete Bier, who Happen to be Dangling a Noose on a stick Wrapped around a puppets neck.. :o...the AD tried desperately to grab the darn thing from him, but he just wasn't tough enough!. :D and was rushed off by security and tossed out!...i think that's what happen anyways.. :o

Not exactly a stellar example of sportsmanshiip.  Needless to say they didn't win the sportsmanship award that year.  But no letter went out either about the inappropriate uses of puppets.  Air Doll Air Doll

I'm sceptical? Milton never beat Rapids either.

Good thing this didn't happen at the Field House or the Kohl Center, where air dolls are banned.

ElectricGuy

Quote from: imnofish on January 15, 2016, 08:57:13 AM
Quote from: The Angry Fish on January 15, 2016, 07:11:31 AM
Quote from: MarkK on January 15, 2016, 06:45:26 AM

I'm sceptical? Milton never beat Rapids either.

Good thing this didn't happen at the Field House or the Kohl Center, where air dolls are banned.

Coach, please tell me you meant "air balls"   - if not who would bring an air doll and why would you know that they are banned????  LOL!!
We live in the era of smart phones and stupid people.