MILTON -STOUGHTON

Started by maggie, February 17, 2015, 07:49:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jim Rockford

Quote from: LUNKER on February 18, 2015, 03:42:32 PM
Quote from: Jim Rockford on February 18, 2015, 03:15:33 PM
Maggie, I don't really know what you are blabbing about because all I said was that Stoughton has more individual talent than the Milton team does.  I also said what cost Milton was bumping up 138, 145, and 152.  The way I see it is that talent does win you matches.  We will see this Saturday which team has more individual talent.
Wow, I don't think I've ever been so blown away by how ignorant someone can be. Maggie was clearly congratulating Stoughton. Bye

I wasn't taking anything away from Stoughton whatsoever! I was talking about his comments he made about me.  Re-read the comments again and you will see what I am talking about.

woody53

Mr. Rockford. Can I call you Jim? Our maggie is a Wrestletologist. Thats like a Scientologist, but observes a different God (Dan Gable). Have fun with his posts and don't take it personal. Trust me. He is always messing with us.
Fast cars, drag race. Fast Drivers, Road Race!

kyle b

I was at the match and it was a very entertaining dual meet.  Tough to watch at times, being a Milton fan, but congratulations to Stoughton on being the better team last night.  They came out with energy and took it to Milton......... I definitely think Milton and Stoughton are equally talented and saying that one team is more talented than the other is being a little ignorant.  Maybe you havent watched them this year Rockford, but seeing stat lines and tournament results can only get you so far.  You would have a much better view if you see them in person.

I hope Miltons wrestlers put this loss behind them.  It was disappointing but you only need to think about it to fuel your fire for the rest of the season.  All of their guys are in sectionals and the underclassmen can use this for next year. 

Good luck to Stoughton at state, they have every chance of winning it. 

WrestleIt

I wish every wrestling fan in the state had been able to watch that meet last night!  Talent?  I don think it's a question of who has more, but rather how it's distributed. Even with the loss last night, I would still pick Milton in a dual match up vs Stoughton because I see them as having a better dual-type team--maybe not as much star power in an individual wt. class, but better balance across all 14.  Star power is what gives Stoughton such an edge in tournaments--the weight classes they are strong in this year are really strong, which gets them a lot of tourney points.  It will be interesting to see how they match up against a team like Rapids, for example, which has a lot of strength up top. 

Regardless, thanks to both teams for such an awesome display of team wrestling, and good luck to all the kids as they advance; you all do the Badger Confernce proud!

maggie

nice post IT,  ;) Jim, or i mean, Mr. Rockford, i still didn't catch that team you toss your support into...thanks
--------------------------------------
and a joint was a bad place to be.
        stupid quotes from friends
"" I Trust Fox News more than any other source""--FAN
  ""I am sorry i called you a genius'"'-HOUND
"" Teachers brought this on all by themselves, plain and simple-RAMMY

TOMMY-2-TONE

Congats Stoughton. Does live streaming hurt Milton? I seen Stoughton's Coach at the Milton vs Evansville dual sitting in the rafters taking notes. Maggies old coach goes to a lot of my boys matches and can tell my boys how to wrestle a certain kid. If the talent level is close, the boys would win about 90% of the time. Hey Quack, I think I seen EG hanging under a chopper with a Jack knife and some black tape doing a little fixing today. T-2-T
It`s better to go fishing and think about God, than go to church and think about fishing!

ElectricGuy

I at least make sure the duck tape is same color

As for video,  maybe some what,  but with badger state wrestling hitting so many events there are a lot of vids to scout by. 

Good match last night bud,  good luck to you guys at sectionals
We live in the era of smart phones and stupid people.

Quack

Quote from: TOMMY-2-TONE on February 18, 2015, 06:52:27 PM
Congats Stoughton. Does live streaming hurt Milton? I seen Stoughton's Coach at the Milton vs Evansville dual sitting in the rafters taking notes. Maggies old coach goes to a lot of my boys matches and can tell my boys how to wrestle a certain kid. If the talent level is close, the boys would win about 90% of the time. Hey Quack, I think I seen EG hanging under a chopper with a Jack knife and some black tape doing a little fixing today. T-2-T
You have to keep an eye on that guy.
Come off, like you go on.
Live by the headlock, die by the headlock

DustinFox

Maggiepie,
As the "voice of Milton wrestling" on this forum why have I not seen you at one Milton meet/tournament all year? I remember you front and center when I was wrestling. I even remember you sitting on Rapids side at team state during our championship  run back in 2002. I know the red colors confused you but come on haha

Jim Rockford

Quote from: maggie on February 18, 2015, 05:12:47 PM
nice post IT,  ;) Jim, or i mean, Mr. Rockford, i still didn't catch that team you toss your support into...thanks

Maggie my support goes to Milton Junction and only Milton Junction.

Jim Rockford

Quote from: kyle b on February 18, 2015, 04:45:15 PM
I was at the match and it was a very entertaining dual meet.  Tough to watch at times, being a Milton fan, but congratulations to Stoughton on being the better team last night.  They came out with energy and took it to Milton......... I definitely think Milton and Stoughton are equally talented and saying that one team is more talented than the other is being a little ignorant.  Maybe you havent watched them this year Rockford, but seeing stat lines and tournament results can only get you so far.  You would have a much better view if you see them in person.

I hope Miltons wrestlers put this loss behind them.  It was disappointing but you only need to think about it to fuel your fire for the rest of the season.  All of their guys are in sectionals and the underclassmen can use this for next year. 

Good luck to Stoughton at state, they have every chance of winning it. 

I have seen them both in person Kyle and I think they both have good individuals, but I think this year Stoughton has more standout talent than Milton does.  Milton has had more individual talent over the past 4 years and that is why they were so dominant.  Now the tide has turned and I think that Stoughton will continue to widen the gap with Milton based on how each of their youth programs are doing.

maggie

theres just no quite in you is there Jim,  :D...if I'm not mistaken, and last i checked and seen, one couldn't walk into the high school Gym in Milton on youth wrestling Sat without stepping on at least 5 kids while jockeying for a seat...as i am sure it is also that way up there in Norski land ,  so if thats what your Basing you opinion off of, your either blind, or one of the best Pimpers I'v heard in a while... :D. .( i like that .. :) )  As i stated BEFORE the match, ya can toss them records out the window when these 2 teams compete and I'm sure both coaches and their wrestlers alike will tell you that also...i for one hope Stoughton kicks there way to the championship and brings home that Gold..Milton Junction :o...listen, You must be talking about the University of Milton Jutction ha? take it from me Jim, Milton Junction is no place to be hanging around, more so for a well dressed Investigator like yourself, it's just best for you to head on East and get on the other side of them tracks, and even more so when the street light are lit!... :)

ElectricGuy

We live in the era of smart phones and stupid people.

maggie

i believe i posted that yesterday... :)

wrestlingfan32

Quote from: WrestleIt on February 18, 2015, 05:05:20 PM
I wish every wrestling fan in the state had been able to watch that meet last night!  Talent?  I don think it's a question of who has more, but rather how it's distributed. Even with the loss last night, I would still pick Milton in a dual match up vs Stoughton because I see them as having a better dual-type team--maybe not as much star power in an individual wt. class, but better balance across all 14.  Star power is what gives Stoughton such an edge in tournaments--the weight classes they are strong in this year are really strong, which gets them a lot of tourney points.  It will be interesting to see how they match up against a team like Rapids, for example, which has a lot of strength up top. 

Regardless, thanks to both teams for such an awesome display of team wrestling, and good luck to all the kids as they advance; you all do the Badger Confernce proud!

I would say that Milton is arguably stronger up top over Rapids. You have McCarthy, Wileman and Hunter Nelson. And Stoughton did what they needed to do up there.