MILTON -STOUGHTON

Started by maggie, February 17, 2015, 07:49:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

maggie

ha Dustin, good reason...Anger management... :D....no, truthful, there's good reasoning as to why i wasn't in house as much as past , however, i will be inhouse this and next weekend..beside, i was at a few.. :o but nice to see ya couldn't see me, it's not like i'm not seeable..  :D ,didn't we talk at the fundraiser a few weeks ago?...and no, i wasn't down here in Janesville watching either. :o ..looking forward to see ya and the those representing the team this weekend...and trust me, there are a few thinks we have to go over!... :)
--------------------------------------
and a joint was a bad place to be.
        stupid quotes from friends
"" I Trust Fox News more than any other source""--FAN
  ""I am sorry i called you a genius'"'-HOUND
"" Teachers brought this on all by themselves, plain and simple-RAMMY

kyle b

Jim, I would just have to respectfully disagree on your talent take as it relates to Milton and Stoughton.  I think Milton and Stoughton will both be very competitive in years to come. This wont be the last time they meet in sectionals, and lets just hope that the next time Milton meets them there, they take it to them and reverse the trend.

Jim Rockford

Quote from: kyle b on February 20, 2015, 02:48:57 AM
Jim, I would just have to respectfully disagree on your talent take as it relates to Milton and Stoughton.  I think Milton and Stoughton will both be very competitive in years to come. This wont be the last time they meet in sectionals, and lets just hope that the next time Milton meets them there, they take it to them and reverse the trend.

Kyle, since you know so much about the entire Milton program who will they have to replace their seniors? Their youth is not as strong anymore as it once was. Last year they sent about half the kids to state that they usually do. I didn't see any kids do freestyle and greco last year and I don't think they have any kids going to outside clubs as well.  Now if you look at Stoughton's youth will see the complete opposite. Another key thing that Milton doesn't have is their high school coaches being involved with the youth. I haven't seen one of the high school coaches go to a youth meet at all in my time with the program. You can't continue to be successful without a feeder program.  Unless something drastically changes in the next couple years Stoughton is going to continue to be a force to wreaked with while Milton tries to catch up.

kyle b

......... wow...... I'm guessing when you said you were a Milton fan that you were being sarcastic. But if you are really a Milton fan than you are a very pessimistic one. 

I could make an educated guess about their lineup next year but things change.  They have some very solid JV wrestlers who I think can take big steps and they should not have a problem filling all the weights.  I do not feel its necessary to name names, you'll just have to wait until next year.

As far as the youth program goes, this is the 1st time I have ever heard of someone having an issue with the High School coach not participating with the youth team.  I think its asking alot of a coach who already has responsibilities teaching at the highschool level, coaching a sport at that level, and also trying to raise a family.  And dont forget that we are human beings who need our own free time away from things to just relax every now and then. 

But I know in their youth program their is still one more Shea and Whitehead on the way, plus they have a very good light and middle weight wrestler (Dutcher and Kersten).  Some of these kids might not even attend Milton but their youth program is solid either way. And do not forget that Milton does as good a job of any team of turning out program wrestlers.  Guys who were not those projected great wrestlers but they still became great through hard work and coaching.  Look how much better Chesmore, Gohlke, and Nelson have gotten since their sophomore years.  And I heard nothing about them in the youth program. 

So again, I will just have to respectfully disagree with you.  But I'm ok with that  ;) 

Jim Rockford

Quote from: kyle b on February 20, 2015, 12:38:32 PM
......... wow...... I'm guessing when you said you were a Milton fan that you were being sarcastic. But if you are really a Milton fan than you are a very pessimistic one. 

I could make an educated guess about their lineup next year but things change.  They have some very solid JV wrestlers who I think can take big steps and they should not have a problem filling all the weights.  I do not feel its necessary to name names, you'll just have to wait until next year.

As far as the youth program goes, this is the 1st time I have ever heard of someone having an issue with the High School coach not participating with the youth team.  I think its asking alot of a coach who already has responsibilities teaching at the highschool level, coaching a sport at that level, and also trying to raise a family.  And dont forget that we are human beings who need our own free time away from things to just relax every now and then. 

But I know in their youth program their is still one more Shea and Whitehead on the way, plus they have a very good light and middle weight wrestler (Dutcher and Kersten).  Some of these kids might not even attend Milton but their youth program is solid either way. And do not forget that Milton does as good a job of any team of turning out program wrestlers.  Guys who were not those projected great wrestlers but they still became great through hard work and coaching.  Look how much better Chesmore, Gohlke, and Nelson have gotten since their sophomore years.  And I heard nothing about them in the youth program. 

So again, I will just have to respectfully disagree with you.  But I'm ok with that  ;) 

Whitehead hasn't been part of the Milton program for years and will not be there for high school since the family has moved to New Glarus.  Once Tristan Shea gets to high school there will be no Shea involvement in the youth program since Keven and Kent are not coaching.  And for your example of a "solid" youth program needs more than 3 kids to build a successful youth program.  Chesmore, Gohlke, and Nelson have worked hard in becoming the wrestlers that they are, but they are graduating.  In the JV most of the kids are also graduating except for Mansur.  As for the high school coaches I don't see it would be to difficult to stop by a youth practice or a tournament and just say Hi and goodluck to the wrestlers. I see Empey and Spilde at ever youth tournament so it must not be too difficult.  I am a Milton grad. and I was in the program for years to see how it is run and I have also seen how the Stoughton program has been run.  I am just being realistic with my arguments on here.  You will see more team and individual success in the Stoughton than you will with Milton in the up and coming years.

aarons23

Quote from: Jim Rockford on February 20, 2015, 01:00:35 PM
Quote from: kyle b on February 20, 2015, 12:38:32 PM

Whitehead hasn't been part of the Milton program for years and will not be there for high school since the family has moved to New Glarus.  Once Tristan Shea gets to high school there will be no Shea involvement in the youth program since Keven and Kent are not coaching.  And for your example of a "solid" youth program needs more than 3 kids to build a successful youth program.  Chesmore, Gohlke, and Nelson have worked hard in becoming the wrestlers that they are, but they are graduating.  In the JV most of the kids are also graduating except for Mansur.  As for the high school coaches I don't see it would be to difficult to stop by a youth practice or a tournament and just say Hi and goodluck to the wrestlers. I see Empey and Spilde at ever youth tournament so it must not be too difficult.  I am a Milton grad. and I was in the program for years to see how it is run and I have also seen how the Stoughton program has been run.  I am just being realistic with my arguments on here.  You will see more team and individual success in the Stoughton than you will with Milton in the up and coming years.

Pretty sure Spilde and Empey have their own kids wrestling in the youth program....maybe that's why they are there.   I'll bet Milton will be just fine!
Big house"As part of my mental toughness routine ... I read the forum and try NOT to believe everything on here."

It's very strenuous! 

Opinions are not facts. Because two people differ in opinions doesn't make one of them wrong.

maggie

Jim, how the youth program coming at your new location?

Jim Rockford

Quote from: maggie on February 20, 2015, 01:17:28 PM
Jim, how the youth program coming at your new location?

The L.A. area has a good upcoming youth program!!

maggie

1 more question jim, how in the heck would you know if the Milton coach never stop in and watch the youth program?    As I am sure they DO!.... ;).....lacrosse area ha?..

Jim Rockford

Quote from: maggie on February 20, 2015, 01:21:48 PM
1 more question jim, how in the heck would you know if the Milton coach never stop in and watch the youth program?    As I am sure they DO!.... ;).....lacrosse area ha?..

Connections Maggie, and what about Lacrosse area?

Mack

Stoughton and Milton coaches are all good guys, running great programs.  Publicly criticizing any of the coaches doesn't strike me as good sportsmanship.  Which is, of course, what we're trying to model for all those young wrestlers we're talking about.  

Jim Rockford

Quote from: Mack on February 20, 2015, 01:28:51 PM
Stoughton and Milton coaches are all good guys, running great programs.  Publicly criticizing any of the coaches doesn't strike me as good sportsmanship.  Which is, of course, what we're trying to model for all those young wrestlers we're talking about.  

I have said nothing about the coaches, except for involvement in youth programs.

Dale Einerson

Maggie, Maggie, Maggie...

...Jim Rockford...L.A. Area...get it?

Jim Rockford

Quote from: Dale Einerson on February 20, 2015, 01:44:31 PM
Maggie, Maggie, Maggie...

...Jim Rockford...L.A. Area...get it?

Ahhh thank you Dale lol....Maggie I meant Los Angeles!! I have nothing to do wit Lacrosse

ElectricGuy

Isn't LaCrosse the west coast......
We live in the era of smart phones and stupid people.