Wis. Legislature AB 76

Started by woody53, March 11, 2015, 05:35:27 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

woody53

Quote from: Kodonnelllaw on March 12, 2015, 04:14:07 PM
Rep. Kleefisch indicated that I had "raised some valid concerns. Our office has been working with the drafters in an effort to address some of the unintended consequences created by the bill as it reads right now. We can certainly keep you in the loop as we move forward."

Time will tell... again
Wow. Canned response I got also. This could get bad.
Fast cars, drag race. Fast Drivers, Road Race!

ChargerDad

This bill is worded VERY poorly by people who have absolutely NO understanding about how youth wrestling operates with no school affiliation despite bearing school names, and coaches not paid by the school.  Sent emails too, but not anticipating an "you are right, this language needs to be changed.." email..

ramjet

Quote from: woody53 on March 12, 2015, 05:56:13 PM
Quote from: ramjet on March 12, 2015, 03:36:01 PM
I called Scott told him to use his line item veto....😄
Ram. I enjoy your humor but please contact "Scott" or not. This might get serious for us.
Sorry.

Just calm down and do as we all are contact you're Rep and voice both verbally and in writing and in detail the concern. I understand the concern but they did not intend this for wrestling and admitted as much when I spoke to the rep and that is not canned answer they are actually looking into it.

bigG

That lack of foresight is a little disturbing.
If I agreed with you we'd both be wrong.

ramjet

Here is the email I sent and also then estate I left on his VM

I am writing with some serious concerns with regards to AB 76. It would appear on the surface this bill has been drafted to address combat sport events (MMA) and some lessor associated events. However AB 76 as I read it can also have some crippling effects on youth and off season high school and Old Timer wrestling tournaments and events. I would like to know if you will look at these unintended consequences and the impact it could have on a long honored tradition in a Wisconsin that being youth and off season wrestling tournaments. I would have to believe the wording can be changed to more specifically address the intended events and not have negative impact on Youth and High School and Old Timer off season wrestling.

littleguy301

I sent my letter to my elected official and I doubt I will hear anything back. I havent heard a thing in the past month so why now.

I was very PC and I really dont like to admit it but my letter sounded alot like Ramjets letter :o O well.

I understand what they are trying to do but seriously to any elected officials have a clue about anything. Sorry Tom, just a rant because I cannt believe that this situation really needs to be addressed lot more pressing things that this on the agenda.
If life is tough,,,,wear a helmet

maggie

sad situation to say the least, but LG is right, it does, from what i witnessed first hand, nobody  is going to listen, E-mails to voice your concern are now just more water going over the dam, we would have better luck asking God to change the 10 commandments, problem is and more than likely not one of thoses people who signed it really read what was in it to begin with. i do know that i have spoke to Andy Jorgensen and i assure you, he will fight to help the kids and get this changed around, but once these are signed, it's almost Impossible to getting it overturned and just as hard to get it worded correctly, because to open something like this up, it opens up the whole ball of wax...until then, fight on!.... 
--------------------------------------
and a joint was a bad place to be.
        stupid quotes from friends
"" I Trust Fox News more than any other source""--FAN
  ""I am sorry i called you a genius'"'-HOUND
"" Teachers brought this on all by themselves, plain and simple-RAMMY

bigG

Quote from: ramjet on March 12, 2015, 09:11:11 PM

I am writing with some serious concerns with regards to AB 76. It would appear on the surface this bill has been drafted to address combat sport events (MMA) and some lessor associated events. However AB 76 as I read it can also have some crippling effects on youth and off season high school and Old Timer wrestling tournaments and events. I would like to know if you will look at these unintended consequences and the impact it could have on a long honored tradition in a Wisconsin that being youth and off season wrestling tournaments. I would have to believe the wording can be changed to more specifically address the intended events and not have negative impact on Youth and High School and Old Timer off season wrestling.

Did you get any response?

ramjet

Quote from: bigG on March 13, 2015, 06:51:20 AM
Quote from: ramjet on March 12, 2015, 09:11:11 PM

Did you get any response?

I missed his call he will be calling back so yes..... but no have not talked with him personally but when I do I will report back.

maggie

well nice to see he took the time to call ya back so soon, most times it takes weeks to get even a small response from them...did they leave a Recorder voice message?
--------------------------------------
and a joint was a bad place to be.
        stupid quotes from friends
"" I Trust Fox News more than any other source""--FAN
  ""I am sorry i called you a genius'"'-HOUND
"" Teachers brought this on all by themselves, plain and simple-RAMMY

TomM

Added by Administration:
Consider Contacting
Mike Kuglitsch
R- New Berlin Dis. 84
608-267-5158
888-534-0084
Rep.Kuglitsch@legis.wisconsin.gov
He wrestled in college at Whitewater in early 80's.

Seek excellence and truth instead of fame -John Prime
Courage is grace under pressure - Ernest Hemingway
Advocating "matside weigh-in" since 1997
"That's why they wrestle the matches"

Hungus

I just received a response from State Senator Roger Roth of Appleton

thank you for the email. I hadn't heard anyone mention the issue brought
up, so I'll gladly pass your concerns on to the bill's author and see if we can
find some sort of resolution. I appreciate you bringing it to my attention. AB
76 hasn't had its public hearing yet, so now is a perfect time to improve the
bill.

Thanks again!

-Roger

Roger Roth
State Senator
19th Senate District
You're killing me Smalls!!!

TomM

Quote from: heavy9278 on March 13, 2015, 02:04:11 PM
I just received a response from State Senator Roger Roth of Appleton
"thank you for the email. I hadn't heard anyone mention the issue brought
up, so I'll gladly pass your concerns on to the bill's author and see if we can
find some sort of resolution. I appreciate you bringing it to my attention. AB
76 hasn't had its public hearing yet, so now is a perfect time to improve the bill.
Thanks again!
-Roger "
Roger Roth
State Senator
19th Senate District
Nice
Seek excellence and truth instead of fame -John Prime
Courage is grace under pressure - Ernest Hemingway
Advocating "matside weigh-in" since 1997
"That's why they wrestle the matches"

bigG

What is the impetus for this bill?