Wis. Legislature AB 76

Started by woody53, March 11, 2015, 05:35:27 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kodonnelllaw

Quote from: Dale Einerson on March 11, 2015, 02:33:01 PM
Silly...

...if you want to keep your youth tournament, you can keep your youth tournament. 

Could not agree more.

Is it intended for Youth wrestling? Not until the first lawsuit.

Will they enforce it? Not until the first lawsuit.

When a kid gets a serious injury at an event, will a lawyer look up the word wrestling in the statutes, find it, and proceed everybody and their uncle (kid, kids parents, club, school where event is taking place, medical staff, mat company, etc), including the State of Wisconsin for failing to follow the letter of the law. You betcha... Much deeper pockets.

DocWrestling

Simply including wrestling as an "unarmed combat sport" will be a windfall to the lawyers.

I realize the intent is not to affect youth wrestling but legislation like this always does.

This started out by redrafting this bill for the sole purpose of it not just pertaining to MMA but now all "unarmed combat sports".  That broad definition could have consequences with lawyers.  Especially with large events like the WWF and USA wrestling run.
Of Course, this is only my opinion and no one elses!

thequad

Would this apply to football?
I am now OLD enough to know how little I knew when I knew it ALL.

Dale Einerson

I think the first unintended consequence is schools will no longer lease out facilities to tournaments; perhaps practices.

Dale Einerson

When wrestling is outlawed, only outlaws will wrestle...

We will have the right to freedom of assembly, as long as we don't wrestle without a sponsor, bond, Doctor, Trainer and Promoter.

We have the right to bare arms, just not in a singlet, or any t-shirt that says "others play with 'em, wrestlers have 'em." 

Where is Senator Jordan when you need him?

I suggest a "wrestle-in" in the rotunda.  Roll out some mats and wrestle until they arwrestle you to raise awareness.  Some enterprising youth club can take donations for the amount of takedowns they get before they get kicked out...to go towards bond and legal fees of course.

Kodonnelllaw

Quote from: Dale Einerson on March 11, 2015, 04:00:41 PM
When wrestling is outlawed, only outlaws will wrestle...

We will have the right to freedom of assembly, as long as we don't wrestle without a sponsor, bond, Doctor, Trainer and Promoter.

We have the right to bare arms, just not in a singlet, or any t-shirt that says "others play with 'em, wrestlers have 'em." 

Where is Senator Jordan when you need him?

I suggest a "wrestle-in" in the rotunda.  Roll out some mats and wrestle until they arwrestle you to raise awareness.  Some enterprising youth club can take donations for the amount of takedowns they get before they get kicked out...to go towards bond and legal fees of course.

Maybe it will make the sport more "cool" in the mainstreams eyes :)

Dale Einerson

Hey, there are 15 news trucks just 8 blocks away from the Capitol on Willy Street here in Madison just waiting for a good protest.

ocwrestler

This bill is a result of the kickboxing deaths that have occurred recently. Instead of just including kickboxing in the current MMA restrictions and regulations these politicians came up with a new bill including the sport of wrestling. Just dumb.

maggie

sad but true, the protests are over, what we said would happen, happened, now we can just sit back and watch how it all unfolds and takes it affect on all of us...sad..
--------------------------------------
and a joint was a bad place to be.
        stupid quotes from friends
"" I Trust Fox News more than any other source""--FAN
  ""I am sorry i called you a genius'"'-HOUND
"" Teachers brought this on all by themselves, plain and simple-RAMMY

Kodonnelllaw

I sent an email to the Reps that proposed the law (all of them) with concerns I have. I have requested a response. Time will tell...

woody53

Quote from: Kodonnelllaw on March 12, 2015, 12:05:35 PM
I sent an email to the Reps that proposed the law (all of them) with concerns I have. I have requested a response. Time will tell...
Did the same this morning, including my own Rep and Senator.
Thanks everyone for your voice.
Fast cars, drag race. Fast Drivers, Road Race!

maggie

i called Andy Jorgensen, he'll get me an answer soon....
--------------------------------------
and a joint was a bad place to be.
        stupid quotes from friends
"" I Trust Fox News more than any other source""--FAN
  ""I am sorry i called you a genius'"'-HOUND
"" Teachers brought this on all by themselves, plain and simple-RAMMY

ramjet

I called Scott told him to use his line item veto....😄

Kodonnelllaw

Rep. Kleefisch indicated that I had "raised some valid concerns. Our office has been working with the drafters in an effort to address some of the unintended consequences created by the bill as it reads right now. We can certainly keep you in the loop as we move forward."

Time will tell... again

ramjet

Quote from: Kodonnelllaw on March 12, 2015, 04:14:07 PM
Rep. Kleefisch indicated that I had "raised some valid concerns. Our office has been working with the drafters in an effort to address some of the unintended consequences created by the bill as it reads right now. We can certainly keep you in the loop as we move forward."

Time will tell... again

Good move I got the same response they would re-examine the language better to contact the majority party on this one.