Federal Court-wolf hunting ends now

Started by maggie, December 19, 2014, 07:00:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Handles II

The natural resources in one state belong to everyone in the country, not just those in that state, or more importantly, those currently calling the shots in that state (pun intended). The "United" in United States is the key to our country's strength. States cannot and should not have complete control over their natural resources. Just as a teen should have some control over their wardrobe, they should not have complete control over how they dress for every situation.

wrestle84

Quote from: Handles II on February 02, 2015, 09:39:45 AM
The natural resources in one state belong to everyone in the country, not just those in that state, or more importantly, those currently calling the shots in that state (pun intended). The "United" in United States is the key to our country's strength. States cannot and should not have complete control over their natural resources. Just as a teen should have some control over their wardrobe, they should not have complete control over how they dress for every situation.

So MN should not be allowed to set their own seasons and bag limits for fish and game?

Handles II

Um, not at all what I was saying. Nice try though.

bigoil

Quote from: Handles II on February 02, 2015, 12:38:51 PM

Should we be getting a say on how those with land in ND develop or chose not to develop their oil patch?

wrestle84

So you just want it your way when it suits you best.

Handles II

Quote from: bigoil on February 02, 2015, 12:47:29 PM

Should we be getting a say on how those with land in ND develop or chose not to develop their oil patch?

Land is sold by the square foot, not cubic feet.

bigG

If what goes on under their turf can impact what goes on under my land or your land, you bet we should all have a say. When it comes to ground water, we better have a say, or the day will come when anybody can come in, buy an acre and suck it dry for many acres around.
If I agreed with you we'd both be wrong.

ramjet

G HandlesII the issue is an activist judge not following the rule of law and it comes down to not IF but when her ruling is overturned and it will be she has terrible track record.

States need to be able to manage the resources with in thier state  not be overruled by every activist judge one party or the other finds to do so.

If this would have been a conservative Judge that leaned the other way you two would be screaming bloody murder.

It's not about killing or hunting wolves it's about an over each and suit brought to court by an extremist group called the Humane Society.

Handles II

Actually Ram, I didn't know until told, nor did I care what the judge,s political affiliation was, or if she even had one. I expect a judge, any judge to look at the evidence presented unto them and make a decision not based on money, or greed, but by what is the right decision based on that, and any other evidence brought forth.

I'm sure you are right, that this will be overturned. And if so, then it should be because much better evidence was provided, and not because of the whims of a person or groups of people wanting to exploit a resource that doesn't belong to them. 
Remember, the Trappers Association was in on the Wisconsin decision for one reason and one reason only. Money. They had no other iron in the fire except the price of fur.

bigG

G HandlesII the issue is an activist judge not following the rule of law and it comes down to not IF but when her ruling is overturned and it will be she has terrible track record.

Agreed.

States need to be able to manage the resources with in thier state  not be overruled by every activist judge one party or the other finds to do so.
I do like some checks and balances beyond the state.

If this would have been a conservative Judge that leaned the other way you two would be screaming bloody murder.

100% bull. We just wouldn't have heard a peep out of you.

Well, now we get another extremist group to join the fight. Welcome the NRA, and their many minion sub-groups, to the political circus.

ramjet

Oh come on NRA has been conservation group longer than the Humane Society and is that the best you can do? My goodness you are really reaching with that one. This fight was started by a vehement anti hunting group called the Humane Society plain and simple they are extremist and vehemently ain't hunting or anything sportsman related. 

imnofish

I think we should just live trap all the wolves and give them poodle cuts.  They will then hide in the woods, out of embarrassment, and no domesticated animals will be endangered by them.  Problem solved.  See how easy that was?   ;)
None are so hopelessly enslaved, as those who falsely believe they are free. The truth has been kept from the depth of their minds by masters who rule them with lies. -Johann Von Goethe

Some days it's hardly worth chewing through the restraints!

bigoil

Quote from: Handles II on February 02, 2015, 12:58:33 PM

Land is sold by the square foot, not cubic feet.

There are natural resources associated with land.

bigG

Quote from: ramjet on February 02, 2015, 04:12:16 PM
Oh come on NRA has been conservation group longer than the Humane Society and is that the best you can do? My goodness you are really reaching with that one. This fight was started by a vehement anti hunting group called the Humane Society plain and simple they are extremist and vehemently ain't hunting or anything sportsman related. 

And what started the wolf hunting push?

Not the best I can do. It's just reality. A bunch of extremists pushed for this. A bunch of extremists pushed back.

NRA is no more a conservation group than the Human Society. I love how these extremist groups try to make out like they are doing the world some good. I see one of them has you buffaloed.

NRA and Humane Society are political groups that deserve one another so perfectly, they should adopt the "yin and yang" when they merge into a super conservation (in reality political) group.

ramjet

See the hunt was part of the original managment plan and you continue to be stubborn and ignore it maybe in your argument tatie mind you think Fishes plan is good one?

how the heck else are supposed to manag the population. Tell them to stop breeding? Thais how lame you are being on this. I am surprized you have not blamed thus on Walker yet. lol