Federal Court-wolf hunting ends now

Started by maggie, December 19, 2014, 07:00:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

imnofish

I'm currently lobbying for an open season on parakeets, but my wife is against it.  Small, but tasty...   and incredibly loud when you are on the phone or trying to watch tv.   ;D
None are so hopelessly enslaved, as those who falsely believe they are free. The truth has been kept from the depth of their minds by masters who rule them with lies. -Johann Von Goethe

Some days it's hardly worth chewing through the restraints!

bigG

I remember a similar pssin' contest over morning doves. Those really are good. Just small. Easy to gut, though.  :)

Those little things are all over , though. So were carrier pigeons, back in the day.
If I agreed with you we'd both be wrong.

bigG

Quote from: dman on January 13, 2015, 12:24:44 PM
Wonder how a "wolf hunt" can be something that is political?  What does one gain by making a wolf hunt political??

Seems less than wolves becoming political than politicians kidnapping wolves. Wait 'til bald eagle, manatee, and burrow owl seasons open up.

ramjet

Quote from: bigG on January 14, 2015, 02:18:38 PM
Quote from: dman on January 13, 2015, 12:24:44 PM
Wonder how a "wolf hunt" can be something that is political?  What does one gain by making a wolf hunt political??

Seems less than wolves becoming political than politicians kidnapping wolves. Wait 'til bald eagle, manatee, and burrow owl seasons open up.

Now you are reaching and being mello dramatic.

bigG

You're right, politicians never jump on stuff like this. ::)

ramjet

Quote from: bigG on January 14, 2015, 03:45:19 PM

Oh come on Eagles that is just ridiculous......sure tongue and cheek but ridiculous.......🇺🇸

Handles II

http://content.time.com/time/world/article/0,8599,1044649,00.html

Perhaps not so ridiculous ramjet. People want to shoot them for their feathers and talons. That's reason enough for some people to want to start a hunting season. The value of one wolf pelt is that of 1000 raccoons. Why else would the trappers association want, and get to be on the wolf control board? They ain't eatin' 'em.

ramjet

Quote from: Handles II on January 14, 2015, 05:52:08 PM
http://content.time.com/time/world/article/0,8599,1044649,00.html

Perhaps not so ridiculous ramjet. People want to shoot them for their feathers and talons. That's reason enough for some people to want to start a hunting season. The value of one wolf pelt is that of 1000 raccoons. Why else would the trappers association want, and get to be on the wolf control board? They ain't eatin' 'em.

yea and Hollowwood wants ground up deer antlers for better wood so there are nuts that does not mean they get thier way just like poachers in Africa clamp down on the buyers of this stuff you cut off the head of the snake.

bigG

Quote from: ramjet on January 14, 2015, 04:10:21 PM

Oh come on Eagles that is just ridiculous......sure tongue and cheek but ridiculous.......🇺🇸

There are many ranchers out west who would love legalized eagle kill. Just like people here want to control wolves by hunting/trapping. I don't mind a little of either; so long as the best science says those numbers are sustainable without hurting too much on their human neighbors' property.

ramjet

Quote from: bigG on January 14, 2015, 07:30:09 PM
Quote from: ramjet on January 14, 2015, 04:10:21 PM

There are many ranchers out west who would love legalized eagle kill. Just like people here want to control wolves by hunting/trapping. I don't mind a little of either; so long as the best science says those numbers are sustainable without hurting too much on their human neighbors' property.

Well unless the scientists are politically motivated which may skew the research..........

Handles II

Sounds like you would prefer if the car salesman determines what is wrong with your car rather than the mechanic, cause ya know, some mechanics are biased, so going with the salesman is the best route to go every time.

Well we know the politicians are politically motivated and don't know or use science for their decisions, so let's play it smart and safe and let those who do wildlife biology as their livelyhood have the lion's share of the input.

maggie

GREAT point Handles....as for the Eagles around here, there becoming quite aboundent, i seen 14 of them young ones sitting all together last Aug (have a picture also) at the hunting area, We constructed a Osprey Nest a few yrs ago with a Huge Telephone pole, we were told by the folks from the UW Madison Wildlife dept who were thare watching us, that there would more than likely be no Ospreys using it for at least a 4 yrs, 4 days after it was put up, we seen a Bird had already taken residents in it..they also said that the Eagles would run them out, didn't happen...yet anyways...the eagles must move on because were only seeing a few here and there now...
--------------------------------------
and a joint was a bad place to be.
        stupid quotes from friends
"" I Trust Fox News more than any other source""--FAN
  ""I am sorry i called you a genius'"'-HOUND
"" Teachers brought this on all by themselves, plain and simple-RAMMY

ramjet

Quote from: Handles II on January 14, 2015, 08:36:52 PM
Sounds like you would prefer if the car salesman determines what is wrong with your car rather than the mechanic, cause ya know, some mechanics are biased, so going with the salesman is the best route to go every time.

Well we know the politicians are politically motivated and don't know or use science for their decisions, so let's play it smart and safe and let those who do wildlife biology as their livelyhood have the lion's share of the input.

W ell the difference between you and I is I have an open mind that is not controlled by the Humane Society like you'res is and can objectively look at the entire situation not only the anti hunting point of view like you.

Handles II

Incorrect. I've never looked at anything humane society. In fact the much of the information I looked at came from YOUR SOURCES. I have a very open mind on it. I'm in favor of a wolf hunt or hunting most anything as long as it can be shown that the hunt is warranted with science to back it up.
You've been wrong on this for 18 pages now ramjet. How many more are you going to attempt to go on ZERO information to support your side of the argument? Your elected ones completely failed. Their law is now stopped. Their fault.

bigG

"I have an open mind that is not controlled by the Humane Society."

You're good people, Ram; but common man!! The pro-hunt has some major influence on you. I'm guessing the wolves have taken some of your venison; and maybe even some of Hound's dogs.

It sounds like the time is right to start the hunt/trp; but it also sounds like you and many of your hunting enthusiast friends may have pushed the issue a tad; and without the backing (yet) of the people in charge of the plan to keep the wolves here. This has been a fun topic; but please consider your politics and how they might limit your mind from opening. Or don't and just point out handles, who did come up with science, being some flaming liberal. He has evidence; which I think merits inclusion of hunt/trap in the plan.n THEN, the politicians should talk "law."

I do like that our state, in general, keeps an open mind, and with any luck, we'll be hunting elk and sandhills, and other yummies, in the near future. I've gotta believe the plan team will addend to hunt/trap in the very near future.