Started by TomM, March 09, 2014, 09:48:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

woody53

Quote from: Numbers on March 12, 2014, 10:08:47 PM
2009 Big Ten Wrestling Tournament attendance @ Penn State Bryce Jordan Center

Session 1: Attendance 4075
Session 2: Attendance 4093
Session 3: Attendance 4482
Let's hope. The UW and Wisconsin Wrestling Fans sure did show what the sport means to us, and set a very high standard for other Big Ten hosts to follow. Too bad more of the local media didn't respond the way the Fans did.
Fast cars, drag race. Fast Drivers, Road Race!

TomM

And it used to be: If you bought a subscription to "Amateur Wrestling News" you got one free ticket to the NCAA Tournament.  So... things change.
Seek excellence and truth instead of fame -John Prime
Courage is grace under pressure - Ernest Hemingway
Advocating "matside weigh-in" since 1997
"That's why they wrestle the matches"

stp

What was Wisconsin's state wrestling meet attendance like the past few years?
Anyone have the numbers?

Wanting to compare Wisconsin to Ohio, where the B10's are next year.

Ohio state wrestling attendance -
2012 - 59,446
2011 - 61,856
2010 -64,617
From Milwaukee to St Paris.

woody53

I have the last three years, with this year being the preliminary count I got a week ago Saturday.
2014 - 57,800 ?
2013 - 58,766
2012 - 57,390
Fast cars, drag race. Fast Drivers, Road Race!

stbird

The armpit of the U.S.?  I think not. 

Quote from: stp on March 13, 2014, 03:54:49 PM
My magic 8 ball agrees with me that next year in Columbus the attendance record will be broken once again.

bigG

Quote from: stp on March 13, 2014, 03:54:49 PM
My magic 8 ball agrees with me that next year in Columbus the attendance record will be broken once again.

● It is certain● It is decidedly so● Without a doubt● Yes definitely● You may rely on it● As I see it, yes● Most likely● Outlook good● Yes● Signs point to yes● Reply hazy try again● Ask again later● Better not tell you now● Cannot predict now● Concentrate and ask again● Don't count on it● My reply is no● My sources say no● Outlook not so good● Very doubtful

Which one did you get? I was expecting one of these, then, out of the blue I got a "I dunno!"

Crazy 8's. No wat Im sayin'?

Time to switch over to the Ouija board.

If I agreed with you we'd both be wrong.

imnofish

Quote from: statman on March 11, 2014, 08:51:55 AM
Quote from: ankle pick on March 11, 2014, 07:10:34 AM
Quote from: Handles II on March 11, 2014, 07:06:10 AM
Amazing to think that Iowa can typically pull in crowds for a dual meets at Carver that closely equate to what was there for any of the sessions.

they have no professional teams to follow, so someone has to be their favorite thing to watch.  ;D

funny... minnesota doesn't have a pro sports team either

;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D
None are so hopelessly enslaved, as those who falsely believe they are free. The truth has been kept from the depth of their minds by masters who rule them with lies. -Johann Von Goethe

Some days it's hardly worth chewing through the restraints!

bigG

If I agreed with you we'd both be wrong.

imnofish

None are so hopelessly enslaved, as those who falsely believe they are free. The truth has been kept from the depth of their minds by masters who rule them with lies. -Johann Von Goethe

Some days it's hardly worth chewing through the restraints!