Eddie Lacey

Started by boowrestle, August 17, 2013, 11:02:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Todd

Quote from: maggie on August 19, 2013, 02:07:28 PM
as we all seen Sat, it took an old bull to show the young ones how's it's done in the NFL, Jolly played just like he is expected to all season, as for our young stud DE, I questions that call then and I still do, I still believe we would have been better off team wise, had we taken Fredericks with our first pick and I believe his performance has proven just that, or as long as TT decided to use a 1st round pick on a DE that can really rush the QB, he should have taken Damontre Moore from Texas A&M,  he's BY FAR  the most explosive DE that came out in that draft...BUT, I still like the young man from UCLA, just don't believe I would have used a 1st round pick on him...now, Don't get me going on this TT thing again!  :)

TT for the most part has been a very good GM.  Plus he got that jerk Favre out of here!   ;)
"This page intentionally left blank".

Todd

Quote from: Goat Roper on August 19, 2013, 05:15:39 PM
Finley made a bunch of great catches at practice today.  Someone (probably his agent) told him to keep quiet and play football and you will make millions.

Sage advice indeed. 

Todd

Quote from: DrSnide on August 20, 2013, 12:28:52 PM
Quote from: Drivingforce on August 20, 2013, 12:00:09 PM
Quote from: Ghetto on August 20, 2013, 11:45:15 AM
I think Lacey's main purpose is running the ball. While the backs will play heavily in protection, they'll be handing Lacey the rock (I hope) a lot when he's in there, and his protection assignments will be less at first. Dajuan Harris is a pretty good blocker.

If the Packers can run, that changes the whole complexion of games on both sides of the ball. Their defense can be better rested, and by proxy, should be more effective.

Bulaga going down was huge. I don't think Derrick Sherrod will ever play in the NFL, which is unfortunate. The Packers have had a weird history of guys like that. There have been at least three guys in TTs era who were drafted but didn't ever see the field that I can think of.
Agree on all points, especially Sherrod, football is tough and unforgiving. Every team suffers injuries but we really seem to be snake bitten. Any word on Tramon Williams and when he'll be back?

the only TT pick I knock for health reasons is Justin Harrell who had injury problems his whole career.  Sherrod and Bulaga were not considered particularly high injury risks when drafted and Sherrod in particualar appears to be the result of a freak injury kind of thing. 

I would also note that Wells left last year as a FA and spent the entire year on the IR so didn't lose anything there and saved money. Spitz was the same deal and was released by the Jags.  The one that could be made was Wahle but Carolina was regretting that contract a lot for most of time he was there so probably a good move. 

+1

littleguy301

Quote from: Drivingforce on August 19, 2013, 10:14:03 PM
Quote from: littleguy301 on August 19, 2013, 09:15:00 PM
Quote from: Roo on August 19, 2013, 02:39:08 PM
Quote from: littleguy301 on August 18, 2013, 07:33:16 PM
I agree Force with your statement.

All good teams it starts with the line and on offensive I think the line is average at best.

I wish that TT would pay alittle more attention to the OL. I think it has been overlooked for some time but what do I know, I am an asphalt guy.

I don't know how you can say that, he drafted Tackles with their #1 pick two years in row, and he regularly adds multiple picks later in the draft. The problem is they have been snake-bit when it comes to injuries to OL. Bulaga out for a second year, Sherrod with a freak break of the leg, Trettier was supposed to have some talent this year and he blows out his ankle.
I don't like the idea of picking up re-tread veterans that have been cut from other teams...there's a reason they got cut.  One more injury on the O-line, and they'll have to,

I liked the Bulga pick hands down!!!!! A couple of freak things happened to him and is not TT problem.

I did NOT like the Sherod pick at the time because I thought he was a project and look at what we are getting.

TT has a decent record with the latter round guys I will say.

My problem is the lacking of depth that I believe is not addressed.

Personally I like the moving of the right side to the left but with an injury we will not see it happen this year.

My beef is, as fan and by this thread, I think we know our line is average at best. We have a pot of gold sitting in the backfield with Rogers and I think TT and/or MM is protecting Rogers with tarnished copper which in my book is NOT paying attention to some degree.

I agree with the retread veterans but at some time I would love to see some of those guys get a shot and maybe have a good year or show some much needed leadership with the line. I liked the Satuarday pick up but we can chalk that one up to a retreaded veteran that had his better days were behind him.

I am NOT blasting TT, just I am amazed that with Rogers hitting the ground over 50 times last year more improvements were not taken.
HELLO!!

How are you?
If life is tough,,,,wear a helmet

Drivingforce

Quote from: bigG on August 20, 2013, 02:44:34 PM
I thought so, too. I really like Lang and want him to be the stud he can be. But he does take mental naps out there. It's like watching a very good wrestler, who does a great job against any opponent, until he takes a mental nap and gets stuck by many of them.
Lang can't play, statistics don't lie. Worst starting guard in the league last year. You read the article I posted, yes? Spelled it out pretty clearly. Our guys are small compared to the league average, and thusly, they get pushed around. If they were athletic we'd be better. Small and unathletic equals 50+ sacks a year and virtually no run game. Lacy will make it better but it's still an illusion. Last weekend 3rd and 1 and they lose 3. Starting OLine, Lacy. Still can't get 1 when they really need it.

Drivingforce

Quote from: littleguy301 on August 20, 2013, 07:39:14 PM
Quote from: Drivingforce on August 19, 2013, 10:14:03 PM
Quote from: littleguy301 on August 19, 2013, 09:15:00 PM
Quote from: Roo on August 19, 2013, 02:39:08 PM
Quote from: littleguy301 on August 18, 2013, 07:33:16 PM
I agree Force with your statement.

All good teams it starts with the line and on offensive I think the line is average at best.

I wish that TT would pay alittle more attention to the OL. I think it has been overlooked for some time but what do I know, I am an asphalt guy.

I don't know how you can say that, he drafted Tackles with their #1 pick two years in row, and he regularly adds multiple picks later in the draft. The problem is they have been snake-bit when it comes to injuries to OL. Bulaga out for a second year, Sherrod with a freak break of the leg, Trettier was supposed to have some talent this year and he blows out his ankle.
I don't like the idea of picking up re-tread veterans that have been cut from other teams...there's a reason they got cut.  One more injury on the O-line, and they'll have to,

I liked the Bulga pick hands down!!!!! A couple of freak things happened to him and is not TT problem.

I did NOT like the Sherod pick at the time because I thought he was a project and look at what we are getting.

TT has a decent record with the latter round guys I will say.

My problem is the lacking of depth that I believe is not addressed.

Personally I like the moving of the right side to the left but with an injury we will not see it happen this year.

My beef is, as fan and by this thread, I think we know our line is average at best. We have a pot of gold sitting in the backfield with Rogers and I think TT and/or MM is protecting Rogers with tarnished copper which in my book is NOT paying attention to some degree.

I agree with the retread veterans but at some time I would love to see some of those guys get a shot and maybe have a good year or show some much needed leadership with the line. I liked the Satuarday pick up but we can chalk that one up to a retreaded veteran that had his better days were behind him.

I am NOT blasting TT, just I am amazed that with Rogers hitting the ground over 50 times last year more improvements were not taken.
HELLO!!

How are you?
Who are you?

bigoil

Quote from: Drivingforce on August 20, 2013, 08:51:00 PM
I thought so, too. I really like Lang and want him to be the stud he can be. But he does take mental naps out there. It's like watching a very good wrestler, who does a great job against any opponent, until he takes a mental nap and gets stuck by many of them.
Lang can't play, statistics don't lie. Worst starting guard in the league last year. You read the article I posted, yes? Spelled it out pretty clearly. Our guys are small compared to the league average, and thusly, they get pushed around. If they were athletic we'd be better. Small and unathletic equals 50+ sacks a year and virtually no run game. Lacy will make it better but it's still an illusion. Last weekend 3rd and 1 and they lose 3. Starting OLine, Lacy. Still can't get 1 when they really need it.

You don't think Jeff Saturday had any influence on the guards last year?

Drivingforce

Quote from: howavi on August 20, 2013, 09:15:23 PM
Quote from: Drivingforce on August 20, 2013, 08:51:00 PM

You don't think Jeff Saturday had any influence on the guards last year?
Saturday was done, but the numbers are what they are, Lang is sub standard. He's a liability not an asset.

bigoil

The line is a unit, to say Lang is a liability and not take into account the center responsibility is nonsense.

I will trust that MM and TT know more about the NFL than you and I.

Drivingforce

Quote from: howavi on August 20, 2013, 10:03:59 PM
The line is a unit, to say Lang is a liability and not take into account the center responsibility is nonsense.

I will trust that MM and TT know more about the NFL than you and I.
I'd hope so too but the fact is he rated out as one the worst guard in the league, coupled with Newhouse it's no wonder Rodgers was running for his life. 3 of the last 4 years they've lead the league in sacks given up. Coincedence, once maybe, twice a trend, 3 times yes an issue(huge) and our MVP QB won't be around much longer.

maggie

Force, you have to also take in effect that Rogers was holding on to the ball a lot longer last yr compared to the yr before... ;)...I believe he admitted to as much...and when that happens, SACK!...
--------------------------------------
and a joint was a bad place to be.
        stupid quotes from friends
"" I Trust Fox News more than any other source""--FAN
  ""I am sorry i called you a genius'"'-HOUND
"" Teachers brought this on all by themselves, plain and simple-RAMMY

Drivingforce

Quote from: maggie on August 20, 2013, 11:54:32 PM
Force, you have to also take in effect that Rogers was holding on to the ball a lot longer last yr compared to the yr before... ;)...I believe he admitted to as much...and when that happens, SACK!...
True, absolutely true probably added 10 sacks...but he also avoided 20- 25 more sacks with his ability to move. The weak link on this team is the Oline. Has been for the last few years, since Clifton and Tauscher have been gone. The guys who've replaced them just aren't nearly as good.

dad 2 5

Lacy should be able to add a new dimension to the offense we have not seen in a long time. Hopeful the o line can give him a crease to hit and then watch him break some tackles going down field. I think Franklin will be a good second and shifty back. Looking forward to getting the season going and seeing what they can do.

Todd

Quote from: Goat Roper on August 21, 2013, 07:26:40 AM
DuJuan Harris will end being the top rusher with Lacy just behind him.

that would be fantastic!

maggie

Force, I would rather say there , not as seasoned as the 2 you mentioned, I happen to believe that the OL will be just fine come reg season...as for Lacy Goat, "IF' we can keep him on the field, he will BE A FORCE and Yes, he will have won the Job!....
--------------------------------------
and a joint was a bad place to be.
        stupid quotes from friends
"" I Trust Fox News more than any other source""--FAN
  ""I am sorry i called you a genius'"'-HOUND
"" Teachers brought this on all by themselves, plain and simple-RAMMY